Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Recipe Of Chicken Keema Pakora

Recipe Of Chicken Keema Pakora

Up until last year, I was led to believe a chicken pakora is a bland, boiled piece of chicken stuffed inside of a huge, puffy pakora with the consistency of a cotton ball.

Things.  You walk into Tehzeeb intending on buying a loaf of bread, you come out with a loaf of bread, two dozen cookies, a box of baaker khaani, a mini pizza, and a rotisserie chicken under your arm.

Cheesy

(By the way, does Tehzeeb even serve rotisserie chicken?  Whatever, I’m sure they will by the time this post comes out, they seem to add a new item every five seconds.)

Keema Pyaaz Laccha Pakora

So, anyway, we walk into Tehzeeb last Ramadan and, of course, because we’re shopping while fasting, we end up spending half my husband’s paycheck and grab, among other things, some chicken pakora because my husband says he hears that they’re good.

I’m fasting and so high on all the wonderful smells of frying food that, at this point, I can barely remember how to spell my own name, let alone the fact that I’m supposed to dislike chicken pakora.

Anyway, when we all break our fasts, we taste the chicken pakora and they are GOOD.  Crunchy, spicy, flavorful and not cotton-y at all.  And, since it’s my life’s mission to recreate everything from Tehzeeb Bakery at home (okay, maybe not my life’s ONLY mission, but it’s like, a footnote on the list) I decide to start recreating the recipe.  The very next day.

Easy Spicy Indian Chicken Keema Masala Curry Recipe

I draw heavily on my (almost) famous Pakistani Pakora recipe, which is hands down, one of the most popular recipes on my blog.  It’s like going to Lahore, you aren’t BORN until you’ve tried my Pakistani Pakora recipe.

All bragging aside, this Chicken Pakora recipe is a surefire crowd-pleaser.  I can say this with authority because it’s managed to win over three of the toughest food critics I know.

The first is a very sweet, but also bluntly honest aunty who only really likes her own cooking (you guys all probably have one of these in your life.)  She liked it so much she asked to eat the little crumbly pieces that got left behind when the serving plate was empty.

Onion Pakoras (using Homemade Pakora Mix)

I kid you not, guys.  I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.  I think the Earth might have wobbled off its axis for a second (or maybe that was just me trying not to faint from shock.)

The second two super tough critics?  My eight-year-old son “Beau” and my five-year-old son “Kit.”  Alhamdulillah, the two polished off a plate of these and demanded I make more the next day.

What?  You know if I made it every day I’d run out of luck and they’d stop eating them.  We parents of picky eaters know we have to RATION the favorite foods.

Chicken

Jo Cooks: Chicken Keema Pakora (minced Chicken Fritters)

You’ve got the approval of Aunty “So-You-Think-You-Can-Cook?” and two of the pickiest eaters on the planet.  So, is that proof enough for you to make these?  If not, maybe this will convince you:

The most important ingredient is the FRESHLY ROASTED and ground cumin seeds (zeera).  You guys, don’t be lazy.  Don’t you dare pick up that container of pre-roasted, pre-ground zeera.  I am literally glaring at you through my computer screen.  (And I’m a nikaabi, so that looks very scary!)

The second is the lemon juice.  Technically, you can substitute vinegar for this, but I really, REALLY don’t want you to.  The lemon lends such a lovely flavor to this and really enhances the flavor of the spices.

Air Fried Crispy Chicken Pakoras

And that’s all for the Chicken Pakora recipe!  If you try it, please leave a rating and let me know what you think in the comments below.

I really hope you love it, and if you enjoyed this, you might like some of the other tea-time recipes I have such as my chilli cheese toast with garlic and olives and my sweet and spicy chicken sticky fingers.

Chicken

Crunchy, spicy, flavorful and super easy to make. Better make two batches, this Chicken Pakora recipe is a crowd pleaser and a hit with kids!

Chicken Pakoda Recipe, How To Make Chicken Pakoda

You don't need to use only white meat for the Chicken Pakora.  I ask my butcher to cut a whole chicken into boneless chunks so there's a mix of the juicier portions of the chicken along with some of the leaner bits.Bringing you these easy-to-make Chicken Keema Pakoda. First thing first. These are not your regular Chicken Pakodas. These are different and these are good. Most importantly, you can make a batch of this delicious Indian-flavored Chicken Mincemeat Fritter within 30 minutes.

Around 250g of Chicken Keema, some onion, garlic, green chili, and Besan aka Gram Flour along with an egg and basic spices. Oh, I have not started writing the recipe already. It is just the ingredients I had last to last Sunday to make some quick munchies.

Guests do not come invited always. Do they? Well, not that I am complaining! Am I not? I love a few specific people as guests. The thing is it is not about invited or uninvited guests but something else. Mehebub's 1st cousin and her fiance' were invited to our place a few days back. While everything else was planned, I completely forgot about snacks! I remembered while clearing the table hardly forty minutes before their arrival. Not that they would mind. After all, they are family (and soon-to-be family) but I was not comfortable. I mean you cannot really expect me to serve nothing before lunch! Errrrrr!

Chicken Keema (indian Style)

I decided to make some chicken pakoda within no time! Well well! I didn't check the freezer and then realized neither chicken pieces with bone nor boneless were available. However, I found a packet of Chicken Keema and decided to make Chicken Keema Pakoda. I asked them to wait till I click a few pictures so that I can write the recipe here. That's all!

Keema

Aha, that day apart from the chicken pakodas, I cooked Shrimp in Creamy Spinach Sauce another 30 minutes recipe, Oriya Mutton Curry, Bengali Veg Daal, some Shak Bhaja, and Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney. There was Fruit Custard for dessert as well.

For this recipe of Chicken Mincemeat Fritters loaded with Desi flavors, you will need the following ingredients. However, feel free to adjust ingredients, especially spices.

Masala Mornings With Shireen Anwer: Chicken Keema Pakora

We generally do not store Pakodas as they lost their crispiness when cold. However, I often make the batter and keep it for an hour and two before making the pakodas

Do not fry Chicken Keema Pakodas over high heat. Always keep the flame medium. This way the chicken will be well-cooked and there will be no raw aroma of Besan once the frying is done.

You can follow my recipe to make super easy and delicious Chicken Keema Pakoda. Adjust spices based on your preference and make these Chicken Keema Pakodas just within 30 minutes to enjoy with a cup of Tea or Coffee!

-

Minced Meat Fritters

I would love to see a picture if you are making the prawns following my recipe. You can share here at dolonchttrj@gmail.com. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at@foodofdebjani.

I am Debjani Chatterjee Alam. A CSR specialist by profession and a food writer, food blogger, and food photographer as well. I live in Kolkata along with my Husband Mehebub who is an architect by profession, my daughter Pasta, and also my dog daughters Coffee and Luchi.

Posting Komentar untuk "Recipe Of Chicken Keema Pakora"