Recipe For Scones Gluten Free
A real British classic, no afternoon tea is complete without scones. And these gluten free scones really take the biscuit (see what I did there ;D).
Golden tops with a gentle rise and perfect scone texture on the inside, these taste glorious topped with lashings of jam and clotted cream.

I first made a batch of these homemade gluten free scones for a mega Mother’s Day gluten free afternoon tea and they went down a storm with everyone. Including the gluten eaters.
Lemonade Scones {gluten Free}
Gluten free scones are surprisingly easy to make at home, and very quick to bake. Even inexperienced bakers should do well with this recipe.
My one main tip, don’t skip the xanthan gum else your scones may be quite crumbly. Xanthan mimics gluten’s binding properties and you can pick it up in the free from section of most supermarkets.
Aside from that, you can relax making these and even get your kids involved it you want! My toddler helped me with my last (teddy bear shaped) batch and she had a great time patting the dough into shape.
Gluten Free Almond Joy™ Scones (lactose Free)
Personally, I’m a firm believer in a nice warm scones. There’s nothing quite as glorious as a warm gluten free scones, fresh from the oven, topped with jam and clotted cream. The perfect afternoon treat!
However you can enjoy them cold too. Or, if you want to make them ahead of time, simply rewarm in the oven for 5 minutes before serving. Don’t overbake though else they can dry out and no one wants a crumbly scone.
Yes! They work so well. I’ve made a few lactose free batches of these scones (as my mum is lactose intolerant) and they turned out perfect every time.
Gluten Free Blueberry Scones
If you want to make them lactose free, simply use lactose free spread or the Stork block instead of butter and lactose free milk instead of normal milk. Easy peasy.
Yes totally – I have had success making these scones dairy free too. I use the Stork block butter and a plant based milk.
This recipe includes a raisin scone variation option, for those who like a fruity addition to their gluten free scones! Simply add the raisins or omit them, depending on your personal preferences.
Blueberry Scones (vegan + Gluten Free)
Why not go for the ultimate scone combo and bake a batch of the sweet classic scones and a batch of the cheese scones. They are a lovely contrast.
You can pick up scone cutters really cheaply on Amazon (even from a quality Kitchenware brand like Tala). Otherwise you can use a thin-rimmed, floured mug to cut the scone shapes out.
Or be brave and try them free form, for a more rustic (but equally delicious) finish. I’d personally get some cutters to save you time though!
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Scones
Remember, scones do not rise as much as cake or bread, so cut the dough nice and thick. Then will rise in height by about a third during baking.
It’s recipe time! You’ll find a full method below, plus some photos to help guide you through the recipe. However, feel free to email me any questions or comments you might have.
Lastly, if you enjoy this gluten free scones recipe, I would be reeeeeally grateful if you could leave a star rating or review on the recipe card below. Thank you!
Chocolate Chip Gluten Free Sourdough Discard Scones • Bakerita
If you have enjoyed making this recipe and want to try some other sweet treats, why not try one of these gluten free bakes:
*This article contains some affiliate links, meaning no additional cost to you but enabling me to keep running as a free website that is open to all :).Gluten-free scones recipe - super easy to make and you'd never know they're gf! There's a vegan option and it's dairy free and low FODMAP too.

Gluten-free scones recipe, anyone? It makes some of the softest, buttery scones I’ve tasted in years. I didn’t know they could be so soft in the middle! So if you’re sick of gluten-free scones that are like flat, rock solid hockey pucks, then this recipe is for you…
White Cheddar And Black Pepper Scones Recipe
But whatever you call them, it doesn’t have to change the fact that it’s actually pretty hard to find a gluten-free scone when you’re out and about.
It’s an iconic British classic, yet we seem to just be inundated with gluten-free brownies everywhere you look… so I decided to finally create my own gluten-free scones recipe!
Firstly, I went for a lovely afternoon tea late last year at the Corinthia and had some lovely, warm gluten-free scones. From that day forth I realised that I want these on the regular!
Gluten Free Scones (fruit Or Plain) Recipe
Secondly, I’ve had soooo many requests for this recipe and your wish is my command (feel free to always message me recipe requests ❤️).
And fortunately for us, scones in general are actually really simplistic as recipes go. I mean, Mark always reminds me that it was one of the few things he used to make when he was at secondary school in food technology classes.
If 12 year old Mark was a whizz at scones I think we can all give gluten-free scones a go! Here’s what you’ll need for this recipe:
Gluten Free Scones With Berry Chia Jam
Looking for the method and measurements? Keep scrolling to the bottom of this post until you find the recipe card. You can also print it off there too.
And here’s a few answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as a few tips and product recommendations for this recipe. Hopefully this will help you to make this recipe perfect, first time!

Bear in mind that minimising cross-contamination is hugely important if you’re Coeliac or making this for someone who is. Here’s some tips from Coeliac UK on minimising the risk of cross contamination.
Gluten Free Cheese Scones
Also, make sure that all ingredients used don’t have any gluten-containing ingredients. Then make sure that they also don’t have a ‘may contain’ warning for gluten, wheat, rye, barley, oats (which aren’t gf), spelt and khorasan wheat (aka Kamut).
Yep, this recipe can easily be dairy free! First of all, use a hard margarine like Stork baking block. And then use any dairy-free milk you like – I find that unsweetened almond works really well.
Start by following the steps above the make the scone mixture dairy free. Secondly, instead of using egg-wash, use a little unsweetened almond milk instead. That’s it!
Gluten Free Almond Scones
Yes! You can easily make this low FODMAP by using lactose-free milk. Butter is naturally low in lactose so that’s low FODMAP too.
Yep, this is a nut-free recipe as far as ingredients go, BUT make sure you check the ingredients label on ALL the products you use just to be safe.
Even if the products don’t contain nuts, they may have a ‘may contain nuts’ warning due to being produced in a factory that handles nuts.
Vegan Gluten Free Cardamom Scones
Nope, all you really need to make this is a mixing bowl and a metal spoon! I wouldn’t recommend using a standing mixer or a food processor for this one, it’s a little overkill.
Yes, BUT! If you use gluten-free plain flour, then add 2 tsp extra baking powder and another 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum. gluten-free self-raising flour naturally has a little baking powder and xanthan gum in it (usually) but gluten-free plain flour doesn’t, so make sure you add extra.

There’s a little xanthan gum in self-raising flour already, so in a sense, yes you can skip adding more xanthan gum, though I always make mine with it just to be safe. It really helps everything bite together and the final texture!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Scones With Maple Icing
There’s a big difference between ‘gluten-free self-raising flour’ and a *singular* type gluten-free flour. When I say ‘gluten-free self-raising flour’ in a recipe, I mean a BLEND of gluten-free flours, not just one, singular flour.
Most gluten-free flour you buy in the supermarket typically contains a blend of rice flour, potato flour, maize flour, tapioca flour AND buckwheat flour. That’s a lot of different flours!
So to replace it with just one specific type of flour… that’s not going to cut it at all. Definitely go for a gluten-free flour
Light & Fluffy Gluten Free Scones!
My gluten-free scones recipe doesn’t make a huge amount of scones – around 6 per batch as I like to make them really tall and towering.
But you could easily make slightly shorter scones and get more out of your dough – it’s totally up to you. What I like to do, just double the quantity of the ingredients listed below for around 12 lovely, tall scones. I do always think scones are best served up fresh though, so small batches aren’t a bad thing!
In short… yes, yes and yes! And I wouldn’t advise attempting any of my recipes without them. One of the worst things you can do in any baking recipe is alter the quantities by mistake or on purpose.
Gluten Free Apple Pie Scones
A lot of work went into fine tuning ratios and quantities so I wouldn’t mess around with them unless you really know your stuff. I’d recommending using digital cooking scales like these so you know you’re getting an accurate measurement.
Of course! Just hit the print button located on the recipe card below ?? (otherwise you might end up printing this entire post which would probably make your printer go into early retirement)

I used FREEE by Doves Farm’s
Posting Komentar untuk "Recipe For Scones Gluten Free"