Recipe Banana Upside Down Cake
Caramel and banana collide in this perfectly delicious spin on a traditional cake. Banana Upside Down Cake will be your new favorite! Gooey, flavorful and absolutely addicting.
Banan is one of those iconic flavors that you just get drawn to. At least for me that statement stands true. I’m addicted to any and all thing banana flavored.

As you can see on my site here I have so many different banana desserts such as these Banana Truffles, No Churn Banana Ice Cream and this Southern Banana Pudding!
Sticky Banana Upside Down Cake
I will have to say though, that this Banana Upside Down Cake is one of my all time favorite recipes ever. It is really easy to whip up and the flavor, omg. But lets face it cake is pretty much my favorite food of all time.
As a baker, I’m in included to say that I adore mostly everything homemade. But I am not opposed to semi-homemade or even just a plain old boxed recipe. No shame in your baking game.
This cake is super easy and the end results are to die for. If you love caramel drizzle over any of your desserts, then this Banana Upside Down Banana Cake already comes packed full of that goodness.
Upside Down Banana Cake Recipe
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9″ springform pan (higher sides is essential for this recipe), set aside.Combine the topping ingredients in bowl. Press mixture into bottom of the pan. Layer banana rounds on top of mix (Photos 1-3).
In larger bowl, combine your dry ingredients and whisk together, then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well (Photos 4-6).
Pour the batter on top of the brown sugar and banana mixture and bake for about 45 mins or until set (when toothpick comes out clean. Let cool in pan about 5 minutes before turning out onto serving tray (Photos 7 & 8).
Pineapple Coconut Banana Upside Down Cake Recipe
My mouth just waters when I flip this cake out of the pan and let that gooey caramel run down the sides….its serious food porn no doubt.
But I’m weird like that and find things like dripping caramel both fascinating and addicting, I mean come on, that drizzle is what it’s all about right?
When I say that you need to make this Cake, you need to make this Banana Upside Down Cake. No questions asked, ok?

Upside Down Brûlée Banana Cake
Some of my other favorite banana cakes include: Banana Chocolate Chip and Nutella Cake, Banana Zucchini Cake, Banana Cream Cake and this Best Ever Banana Cake!
What sets this cake apart is the banana layer that sits on top of this cake. They are caramelized kinda like a ready made bananas foster. Top it with some ice cream and boy do you have heaven on a plate.
If you are looking for that favorite recipe then this Banana Upside Down Cake is just what you need in your life!
Caramelized Banana Upside Down Cake
If you’ve tried this BANANA UPSIDE DOWN CAKEor any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
Caramel and banana collide in this perfectly delicious spin on a traditional cake. Banana Upside Down Cake will be your new fave, gooey, flavorful and absolutely addicting.

Calories: 534 kcal | Carbohydrates: 86 g | Protein: 5 g | Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 65 mg | Sodium: 201 mg | Potassium: 399 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 61 g | Vitamin A: 390 IU | Vitamin C: 5.1 mg | Calcium: 99 mg | Iron: 1.8 mg
Banana Coconut Upside Down Cake Recipe
Tornadough Alli is not a nutritionist or dietitian, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and nutritional value is important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and values can vary depending on which brands were used.
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it.OkNoRead moreIn the winter, we often turn to the tropics to get our fruit fixes. Bananas are the most popular fruit in America, and they’re quite popular elsewhere, too. I’m happy with oranges, grapefruits, and chocolate (yup, cocoa beans are fruit – great news for fruit-lovers!) but sometimes it’s nice to throw something else in the mix, and I’ll grab a pineapple, some kiwifruits, a few avocados, or a bunch of bananas, when doing my food shopping.
While I was waiting for my yellow bananas to ripen, a few days later I came across these red bananas at the market. I love red bananas, which have a more pronounced flavor than yellow bananas, but are hard to come by in France, and elsewhere. (They should be dead-ripe when you use them. The skin will turn quite dark when they’re ready.) So jumped at the bunch when I saw it, and put those in my fruit bowl to see who would ripen first.
Caramel Banana Upside Down Bread
Speaking of differences, I have a different kind of Banana Chocolate Chip Upside Down Cake here on the site (which is low fat), but wanted to do a skillet version. I also wanted to try using teff, a whole grain flour that I’ve been interested in experimenting with. It’s quite prominent in Africa cooking, as it seems to thrive in difficult conditions (which I often feel like I do, too..), but also adds a nutty flavor to baked goods. So when I was at the natural food store to pick up the organic yellow bananas, I grabbed a bag of teff flour, too.

After cooking the butter and brown sugar in my skillet, I arranged ripe bananas in the pan, mixed up the batter, and baked up this cake. When I turned it out and cut myself a wedge of the warm cake, I found that the teff gave the cake a pleasant, nutty flavor, although it did make the batter a bit heavier and add some “heft, ” which I didn’t mind. I added a touch of ground cinnamon to give it a hint of spice, too, but you could use more than I did. Having a French partner, if you’re American, means you need to dial back the amount of cinnamon you might normally use when baking to avoid the
Regardless of the little bit of cinnamon I stuck in there, this cake was a big hit. It was a nice respite in the winter, and a good addition to my fruit dessert repertoire. (I’ve got the chocolate ones pretty well-covered.) However I’d feel proud turning one of these upside down cakes out any time of the year.
Peanut Butter Banana Upside Down Cake
I made this cake with teff flour. It available at most natural foods stores and online, but I've given measurements for using all-purpose flour. You might want to reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon in the batter if you do. The hardier taste of whole grains seems to call for a little more salt to be added, to my taste. In place of the vanilla bean, you can use 1 teaspoon of vanilla seeds or paste for the bean. For more on vanilla, check out my Vanilla FAQs. Your bananas should be ripe but not mushy-soft. They'll sweeten in the caramel. If you want to leave out the rum, you could replace it with fresh lime juice, or simply omit it. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, this can be made a standard 9-inch (23cm) cake pan (not a springform pan, which would leak during baking). Make the brown sugar topping in a regular skillet or pan, then pour it into a cake pan while it's still warm. Cut and lay the vanilla bean and bananas on top.
Serving: This cake is best served the day it's made, preferably while warm, but can be served at room temperature. I like it served on its own but it could be served with softly whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream or cinnamon ice cream.
Storage: The cake will keep for up to four days, if well-wrapped, at room temperature. I would not recommend freezing it as the texture of the fruit may change.

Upside Down Banana Cake ⋆ Real Housemoms
Notes: For information on substitutions and swapping out ingredients, check out my posts: Baking ingredients and substitutions and Gluten-Free baking and substitutions. Check here for more on types of French sugar. (Those in France can use dark cassonade or sucre vergeoise.)
Posting Komentar untuk "Recipe Banana Upside Down Cake"