Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Recipe Chicken Dressing Bake

Recipe Chicken Dressing Bake

A comfort food casserole recipe made with chicken (or leftover turkey) and Southern cornbread dressing with all the flavors of Thanksgiving that can be enjoyed year-round.

And THEN I started making this recipe and haven’t had to chastise myself for not keeping my word about making turkey and dressing more often.

Chicken

I first saw a recipe like this on Southern with a Twist, a Southern food blog my buddy Lynn runs. What drew my attention was Lynn puts chopped boiled eggs in hers – which I LOVE – but never really see very often on recipe sites.

Chicken And Dressing Casserole

Southerners (or at least my family) have been putting boiled eggs in our recipes forever. I never once saw a pot of Chicken & Dumplings at Nanny’s house that wasn’t loaded with sliced boiled eggs. And all the women in my family put chopped boiled eggs in our cornbread dressing.

Southerners sneak boiled eggs into stews, rice dishes, casseroles – really anything that makes a big batch. I suspect this was to add protein to dishes during lean times.

Food sources in the South were ravaged after the Civil War. Sherman ordered all the crops and livestock to be destroyed so folks got pretty creative working with what they had. That’s why collard greens (and mustard, turnip, etc.) and peas are so popular here.

Baked Chicken With Ciabatta Dressing Recipe

The Yankees didn’t realize the peas and greens were food when they were scorching the earth so the two sustained much of the South in the years directly following the war. To this day, collard greens and black-eyed peas are eaten here on New Year’s Day for good luck.

I don’t include the boiled eggs in my recipe but you can certainly add them. You should add them! I messed around and somehow married a Canadian, so I tweak a lot of old school, deep South recipes for his sake.

Chicken

How much cornbread do I need? Use a 6-serving mix or half a pan of most standard family-size cornbread recipes (which bake in a 13x9 pan). You can also use leftover cornbread muffins from your local meat-and-three restaurant or Cracker Barrel.

Chicken And Stuffing Casserole Recipe

Can I use Jiffy mix? Yes, but I personally don’t love straight-up Jiffy cornbread in this because it’s a little too sweet but LOTS of people love it (I think most people make this with Jiffy mix). When I do use Jiffy mix, I add 1/2 cup sour cream to the batter which really knocks the sweetness down a bit.

Can I use leftover, canned or rotisserie chicken in this? Yes, yes and yes! You’ll need to buy chicken broth to use since you won’t be making your own when you cook the chicken but I’ve done all three and they’re all great!

Cheesy

Is this a meal or a side dish? I serve this as a meal but a lot of folks serve this at Thanksgiving as a side dish. It makes a GREAT potluck dish since it can be served as either.

Chicken Stuffing Bake (& Video!)

Can I use Stove Top or Pepperidge Farm stuffing in this instead of cornbread? Probably. You will likely need to add more broth since both of these are somewhat dehydrated. If using Stove Top, reduce the salt since it’s already pretty heavily seasoned.

Don’t you want gravy with it? Well, I ain’t never turned down gravy and I’m not about to start now but, no, I don’t make gravy to serve with this. This is super moist so it doesn’t really need anything but, gravy is never wrong. Ever. You could use a packet of gravy mix or a jar if you want something quick and easy.

Chicken

Would cranberry sauce be good served with this?Well, since I don’t like cranberry sauce, my answer would be heck no but I imagine folks who traditionally enjoy cranberry sauce with turkey and dressing would love it with this.This Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake is one of my ultimate comfort food recipes. I’ve always called this “Company Chicken” because my mom likes to make it on holidays or when we have company. It reminds me of home and my whole family being together. Even the smell coming out of the oven while it’s baking makes me feel at home. I’ve been meaning to lighten this recipe up for my blog for a really long time and I’m so glad it finally made it to the top of the list. I’m happy to say I managed to shave off some fat and calories while keeping all the delicious textures and flavors that make this dish special: juicy chicken breasts covered in Swiss cheese and smothered in creamy sauce topped with crunchy, buttery stuffing. I even served it with green beans because my mom usually does. She doesn’t even like green beans much, but she knows they’re one of my favorite vegetables, so she does it for me. She’s a really great mom that way! Food can often evoke certain memories and feelings and to me this dish has comfort written all over it. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!

Chicken And Dressing Casserole Recipe

Looking for more comfort food casseroles like this Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake? Check out my Chicken and Dumplings Casserole, Chicken Divan, Deep Dish Taco Casserole, Bubble Up Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Chickpea Bake, Spinach and Chicken Phyllo Bake, Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake, Meat and Potatoes Bake, Cottage Pie, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake, Chili Cornbread Bake, and many more in the Casseroles category of my recipe index!

304 calories, 20 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 33 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

Chicken

Can I use Jiffy mix? Yes, but I personally don’t love straight-up Jiffy cornbread in this because it’s a little too sweet but LOTS of people love it (I think most people make this with Jiffy mix). When I do use Jiffy mix, I add 1/2 cup sour cream to the batter which really knocks the sweetness down a bit.

Can I use leftover, canned or rotisserie chicken in this? Yes, yes and yes! You’ll need to buy chicken broth to use since you won’t be making your own when you cook the chicken but I’ve done all three and they’re all great!

Cheesy

Is this a meal or a side dish? I serve this as a meal but a lot of folks serve this at Thanksgiving as a side dish. It makes a GREAT potluck dish since it can be served as either.

Chicken Stuffing Bake (& Video!)

Can I use Stove Top or Pepperidge Farm stuffing in this instead of cornbread? Probably. You will likely need to add more broth since both of these are somewhat dehydrated. If using Stove Top, reduce the salt since it’s already pretty heavily seasoned.

Don’t you want gravy with it? Well, I ain’t never turned down gravy and I’m not about to start now but, no, I don’t make gravy to serve with this. This is super moist so it doesn’t really need anything but, gravy is never wrong. Ever. You could use a packet of gravy mix or a jar if you want something quick and easy.

Chicken

Would cranberry sauce be good served with this?Well, since I don’t like cranberry sauce, my answer would be heck no but I imagine folks who traditionally enjoy cranberry sauce with turkey and dressing would love it with this.This Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake is one of my ultimate comfort food recipes. I’ve always called this “Company Chicken” because my mom likes to make it on holidays or when we have company. It reminds me of home and my whole family being together. Even the smell coming out of the oven while it’s baking makes me feel at home. I’ve been meaning to lighten this recipe up for my blog for a really long time and I’m so glad it finally made it to the top of the list. I’m happy to say I managed to shave off some fat and calories while keeping all the delicious textures and flavors that make this dish special: juicy chicken breasts covered in Swiss cheese and smothered in creamy sauce topped with crunchy, buttery stuffing. I even served it with green beans because my mom usually does. She doesn’t even like green beans much, but she knows they’re one of my favorite vegetables, so she does it for me. She’s a really great mom that way! Food can often evoke certain memories and feelings and to me this dish has comfort written all over it. To view your WW PersonalPoints for this recipe and track it in the WW app or site, click here!

Chicken And Dressing Casserole Recipe

Looking for more comfort food casseroles like this Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing Bake? Check out my Chicken and Dumplings Casserole, Chicken Divan, Deep Dish Taco Casserole, Bubble Up Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Bake, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Chickpea Bake, Spinach and Chicken Phyllo Bake, Bubble Up BBQ Chicken and Beans Bake, Meat and Potatoes Bake, Cottage Pie, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake, Chili Cornbread Bake, and many more in the Casseroles category of my recipe index!

304 calories, 20 g carbs, 2 g sugars, 9 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 33 g protein, 1 g fiber (from myfitnesspal.com)

Chicken

Posting Komentar untuk "Recipe Chicken Dressing Bake"