Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Kimchi Recipe Bok Choy

Kimchi Recipe Bok Choy

Looking for a bok choy recipe? Make a quick batch of kimchi with baby bok choy, fresh chilies, and sweet apple.This quick bok choy kimchi takes 30 minutes of brine time and only 15 minutes to assemble.

I love making a simple kind of kimchi with different types of vegetables. This bok choy kimchi is one of the beloved kimchi recipes that is so easy and straightforward. I make it again and again.

Bok

It’s wonderful to see Asian vegetables are widely available in many grocery stores in the United States these days. And people look for various bok choy recipes to enjoy this wonderful green.

Recipe: Bok Choy Kimchi By Jess Wang — Food Roots

Bok Choy, also spelled as pak choi, bok choi, or pak choy, is a variety of white Chinese cabbage (but not to be confused with napa cabbage). Bok choy leaves are light to dark green, and the young tender stems are usually white to light green. All parts of bok chop is edible. The size can vary from 4-12 inches tall. Many Asian dishes stir-fries bok choy with a little soy sauce and garlic. It’s a staple vegetable in many Asian cooking.

Just like there are different types of cabbage, there are different kinds of bok choy as well. Fortunately, you can use pretty much any bok choy with this recipe. I used baby bock choy, which is shorter than most bok choy and has deeper green leaves.

You will love the crispness of this kimchi, and the mild flavor is perfect for those who are new to Korean kimchi.

Fresh Kimchi Salad With Spring Cabbage (bomdong Geotjeori)

Geotjeori: Bok choy kimchi is not ideal kimchi for a long fermentation like the authentic cabbage kimchi. Usually any quick kimchi (geotjeori) is made for a rather quick consumption, which means, you will want to consume this kimchi within 2-3 weeks. So make a small batch unless you need to feed a crowd.

Dissolve the coarse sea salt in water. If you can’t find Korean coarse sea salt, you can use kosher salt, but reduce the amount in half.

Put bok choy in a large bowl, and pour the salt brine over it. Let it soak for 30 minutes. Rinse the bok choy once and drain well.

Making Fresh Bok Choy Fresh Kimchi That Supplements Nutrients Wi

Meanwhile, make sea kelp stock. Adding stock to the kimchi enhances the flavor. It’s an optional ingredient but I highly recommend it. If necessary, use plain water instead of stock.

To make the stock, simmer a piece of dried sea kelp in water for 4-5 minutes. Discard the kelp and let the stock cool down.

In a blender, puree onion, apple, and garlic with 1/4 cup of sea kelp stock until smooth. Add the sliced red chilies and pulse the mixture until the chilies are processed into small pieces.

Bok Choy Kimchi Salad

Toss the bok choy with the kimchi seasoning paste. Be gentle when you are coating the bok choy with the paste so that you don’t bruise them.

Store your bok choy kimchi in an airtight container. You can let it ferment at room temperature for one day if you like a fermented taste. Otherwise keep your bok choy kimchi in the refrigerator at all times. It will still ferment but slowly. This kimchi should be consumed within 3 weeks.

If you try this quick bok choy kimchi recipe, please take a moment to leave a rating and comment below. I love hearing from you, and it helps other readers, too.

Easy Bok Choy Kimchi/mak Kimchi With Bok Choy

Make a quick batch of kimchi with baby bok choy, fresh chilies, and sweet apple. This quick bok choy kimchi takes 30 minutes of brine time and only 15 minutes to assemble.

Quick

To make the sea kelp stock; simmer a piece of dried sea kelp in a cup of water for 4-5 minutes. Discard the kelp and let the stock cool down.If you make just one of my recipes, let it be this one! This bok choy quick kimchi is crunchy, spicy, tangy, and slightly sweet. It also requires NO cooking or fermentation! 

This is not a traditional Korean dish- it’s something my mom came up with many years ago and it is one of my FAVORITE recipes she has ever taught me. It still uses traditional ingredients and tastes authentically Korean. 

Torn Chicken With Crispy Rice And Kimchi Vinaigrette Recipe

It also isn’t really a kimchi but more like a muchim or geotjeori. Muchim means mixed with seasonings, and geotjeori is a kimchi that is lightly salted and eaten fresh without fermentation. 

I get the question a lot. Have you ever tried raw bok choy? I actually prefer it raw after I learned this recipe.

Raw bok choy is pleasantly crunchy, juicy, and sweet when eaten uncooked. In my opinion, it tastes much more delicious this way.

Spices — Recipes — Pete Eats

It is perfectly safe to eat bok choy uncooked- it tastes better and you actually lose a tiny but of its nutrients when its cooked. 

The only cause for concern would be eating large amounts of raw bok choy DAILY.  It releases an enzyme called myrosinase, which can negatively affect thyroid function. Eating raw bok choy in moderate amounts is perfectly safe. 

Baby

I do not recommend keeping this in the fridge for longer than a one or two days, because it has sesame oil in it which will make it wilt and change the flavor.  

Fish Sauce, Bok Choy Kimchi That Doesn't Need Sticky Rice

Like I mentioned before, this isn’t really a kimchi so it will not keep over time. It’s best to make and serve right away. 

This can be eaten alone like a salad, but it is best eaten as a side dish. It’s particularly good with anything that is braised or marinated in soy sauce, like galbi jjim or or bulgogi!

This is NOT like a regular kimchi so it won't keep in the fridge for too long. I recommend finishing it within 2 days, but it is best when served right away. 

Quick Kimchi Or Geotjori Recipe With Baby Shanghai Bok Choy

*This post contains affiliate links to products that I actually use & recommend. I am not sponsored by these brands, but I do make a small commission from qualifying purchases made through these links.

I come from a multicultural background, and cooking has been one of the best ways for me to stay connected to my heritage. My recipes are tried and tested, many of them passed down through family. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as we do!You are going to fall in love with this new Bok Choy Kimchi that’s so surprisingly good!! Satisfy your taste buds with its refreshing flavor, enhanced by its crunchy and chewy texture that stands out from the norm!!

Seriously, you are going to fall in love with this new kimchi! Great side dish for any season! Give it a go and you will know what I am talking about!!

Quick

Mustard Greens Kimchi (gat Kimchi: 갓김치) Recipe By Maangchi

The brining time is very critical for success of this kimchi. If you leave it longer, the outcome will not be the same!! Trust me, I have tired 3 times!! So please set your timer on!! Also, the bok choy will let out more water as it ferments, which is normal and nothing to worry about. Using a roomy container to store is recommended to avoid overflowing.

Bok choy has three types of texture in one, which is quite unique as a kimchi. The white part (the thickest part) reminds me of the soft sweet radish. Next the stem part tastes similar to napa cabbage, but less sweet. And lastly the green leafy part reminds me of the scallion kimchi/Pa Kimchi. Nevertheless, this bok choy kimchi is definitely refreshing overall and would make a great kimchi for any season!

Unfortunately, I was never taught how to make kimchi. By the time I wanted to learn, my grandmother had already passed. And it’s considered kind of a rude gesture to ask a Korean woman for their kimchi recipe, especially if it’s a tasty one. It must be a pride thing perhaps?

Spicy Stinging Nettle Kimchi Recipe

Despite all this, I decided to start my own kimchi journey…and yes, I even gave up at one point. But about 2 years ago, I decided to go back to experimenting. And since then, thankfully, it has been quite fun and rewarding. Because my kimchi actually started to taste good! So, if you have never made kimchi before, its ok! I have been there myself!

Thankfully, after my third attempt of making this Bok Choy Kimchi, I am finally ready to share the recipe with you!! It is absolutely delicious and so addictingly good!!!

On a warm summer day, you can consume this on the same day you make it, let’s say around 5-6 hours later. The warmer temperature will allow the fermentation to take place faster. But of course, it is best to consume after 24 hours when all the flavors have been infused into the bok choy.

Mini [baby Bok Choy] Kimchi Pancakes

For storing, the best way is to store kimchi in an airtight sealed container for 24 hours at room temperature. Then open the lid once, let the air out, then close tight again and store in the fridge.

-

Be sure to purchase the coarse sea salt from the Market!! You really need this to brine all the different types of kimchi. They have a different sweet/saltiness that regular salt does not provide. I want to say they tend to leave a nice clean touch to the veggies at the end? If

Posting Komentar untuk "Kimchi Recipe Bok Choy"