Easy Apple And Raspberry Crumble Recipe
There is nothing more comforting than a sweet and tart apple and raspberry crumble on a cold winters night. Serve with a dollop of cream or ice cream.
I have recently become a fan of Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa. Whilst I've had a subscription to the Lifestyle Food channel for a few years, I'll admit I'd never really paid much attention to her show.

I think that's because the list of cooking shows I already watch is rather long. But now having seen it, I know I've been missing out. I love her easy manner, relaxed style of cooking all the while maintaining an attention to detail.
Apple And Berry Crumble
After watching one of her shows recently I was inspired to put my own spin on her crumble recipe. Whilst peaches aren't in season here, I was inspired enough to make the recipe using what fruit I had to hand, which was frozen raspberries and apples.
This recipe for apple and raspberry crumble is quick and easy to prepare, which is ideal at the moment given I'm still on crutches.
I made 4 crumbles using the recipe, and my husband and I had one each for dessert one night and planned to have the other after dinner the next night. But my husband loved the crumble SO much that he found it difficult to resist the urge to go to the kitchen and get a second crumble.
Apple And Berry Crumble With Sweet Lemon Yoghurt
If that isn't a resounding endorsement I don't know what is. Needless to say, the crumble recipe will become a staple.
I also loved how deliciously crumbly and crunchy the topping was. I often find crumble recipes don't produce a very crumbly topping.
In addition to being inspired by the crumble recipe, I also noticed that Ina used her KitchenAid mixer to make the crumble topping. When I've made crumble, in the past I've always made it by hand, but using the Kitchenaid mixer to make the crumble wasjust SO easy. I
Apple Raspberry Crumble With Oat Walnut Topping Recipe
Anyway, back to the Barefoot Contessa. If you're a fan, I'd be interested to hear what your favorite recipes are? If you're not a fan have you discovered a celebrity chef recently whose cooking you adore?
Calories: 610 kcal Carbohydrates: 98 g Protein: 4 g Fat: 24 g Saturated Fat: 14 g Cholesterol: 61 mg Sodium: 212 mg Potassium: 291 mg Fiber: 7 g Sugar: 62 g Vitamin A: 815 IU Vitamin C: 18.3 mg Calcium: 41 mg Iron: 2.1 mgCrumble fans, rejoice! This incredibly moist and flavourful Raspberry Apple Crumble Cake is perfect for an afternoon tea or coffee break. It’s super easy to make and goes perfectly with warm custard or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
A crunchy, crumbly topping is always a winner. Whether it is a classic apple crumble dessert or apple and blueberry crumble, there’s something so comforting about the combination of sweet apples and crunchy oat crumble.

Frozen Berry & Apple Crumble
Why not try these apple crumble muffins or apple crumble slice too, perfect for popping into lunchboxes or serving for afternoon tea or a special occasion. And (I believe!) they are a perfectly acceptable way to eat dessert for breakfast. Because fruit, right?
Sprinkle the frozen berries over the top of the cake batter and then spread a layer of the canned pie apples. Set aside while you prepare the crumble.
In a bowl, use your fingers to rub the butter into the flour, sugar and oats mixture, until the mix resembles fine crumbs.
Easy Apple And Blueberry Crumble
Bake the cake according to the instructions below, until cooked through. Allow the cake to rest in the tin for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
The raspberries can be swapped for any frozen berries you like. You can also swap the tinned apples for any tinned fruit you like. Try canned peaches or apricots (but drain the excess liquid first). The possibilities are endless!

Pie apple is apple that has been cooked and either tinned or jarred, all ready for adding to recipes. This makes it a very handy ingredient when apples are out of season, or time is short, as it eliminates having to peel, slice and cook the apples yourself.
Classic Apple & Blackberry Crumble
If you need softened, room temperature butter in a hurry, you can grate the butter (like a stick of cheese) onto a plate. The smaller pieces will soften much faster than a whole block of butter. Alternatively, you can place cubes of butter into a microwave and heat at very low power in 20 second intervals until the butter has slightly softened.
While it tastes amazing on its own, the crumble is also divine with a little ground cinnamon and/or ground ginger! Spices are especially delicious and warming in winter, particularly as a dessert.
If you love your cakes with a little icing, you can easily make a thin vanilla or maple syrup flavoured icing to drizzle over the top.
Pear & Raspberry Crumble
This cake can be served either warm or cold as is, or as a dessert. Ice cream, whipped cream or warm custard make fabulous additions when serving as a dessert (or anytime really!)

I like to use a springform pan when making this cake, as it is so simple to remove the finished cake without damaging the crumble on top. If you prefer, you can use any other cake tin, but make sure it is lined before adding the batter to prevent sticking.
This cake may take longer than 60 minutes to finish cooking, depending on your oven and the size of the tin used. Keep an eye on it from 55 minutes. It will be ready when a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. If you notice that the crumble is browning too much, simply place a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking as normal.
Peach, Raspberry & Apple Crumble Recipe
Store this cake in the fridge for 3-4 days. It can also be wrapped and frozen for up to 2 months. To thaw, place it in the fridge overnight and consume within 2 days.
If you love all things apple, you have come to the right place! Check out these other reader favourite recipes, or try this collection of the very best apple recipes!
This Raspberry & Apple Crumble Cake has the perfect butter cake base, topped with berries and apple and sprinkled with a crunchy oat crumble. This really is the ultimate cake!

Raspberry Crumble Recipe
Calories: 443 kcal | Carbohydrates: 69 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Cholesterol: 67 mg | Sodium: 145 mg | Potassium: 170 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 35 g | Vitamin A: 535 IU | Vitamin C: 6.4 mg | Calcium: 30 mg | Iron: 1.3 mg
Posting Komentar untuk "Easy Apple And Raspberry Crumble Recipe"