Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Street Food Breakfast Recipes

Street Food Breakfast Recipes

Korean street toast is a popular breakfast food in Korea. It’s a sandwich filled with egg, vegetables, ham, ketchup, mayo, and cheese between buttery toasted bread. The unique combination of condiments creates a delicious sweet and salty taste that will leave you wanting more.

Korean Street Toast, also known as Gilgeori toast (길거리 토스트) in Korean, is a unique breakfast sandwich. It consists of shredded cabbage, carrot, and green onion cooked in an egg batter, layered with ham and cheese, and served between slices of buttered toast.

Popular

This popular Korean street food can often be found at street kiosks or franchise shops like Issac Toast, and is a common weekday morning scene on the streets of Korea. You’ll often see locals eating it on the go as they head to work or wait for the bus.

Indian Street Food (chaat) Breakfast Waffles

What makes this Korean toast recipe so unusual is the combination of condiments used to flavor the sandwich. A blend of sugar or jam, ketchup, and mayo (optional) is used to complement the egg omelet, crunchy vegetables, ham, and cheese that are sandwiched between slices of buttery toasted bread.

This sweet and salty flavor combination may sound unusual, but it’s a taste sensation that has made Korean street toast a worldwide popular.

Don’t knock it until you try it! This breakfast sandwich is not only delicious, but also nutritious, and is incredibly easy and quick to make.

Quick Breakfast Ideas

Give it a try and discover why it’s become such a popular dish! And while you’re at it, be sure to try my recipe for Korean corn dogs, another beloved Korean street food.

Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl and add the shredded cabbage, carrot, green onion, and a pinch of salt; mix well.

Thai

Melt 1 tablespoon of butter on a skillet over medium low heat. (I use a stick of butter to touch the skillet directly).

Mexican Street Corn Breakfast Tostadas

Spoon in a portion of egg and vegetable mixture, and spread it around to about the size of your sandwich bread. (You can make two egg pieces at a time)

Cook the egg omelettes 2-3 minutes on one side and flip. Cook until golden brown. Transfer the omelette to a plate and repeat the next batch.

Indian

Korean street vendors typically wrap their toast in foil and place it in a paper cup to keep its shape. However, you can also eat it as a regular sandwich or wrap it in parchment paper for on-the-go snacking.

Indian Breakfast Recipes

Korean street toast is a popular breakfast sandwich, made with egg, vegetables, ham, ketchup, mayo, and cheese on buttery toasted bread. The unique combination of condiments creates a delicious sweet and salty taste.

Calories: 343 kcal , Carbohydrates: 43 g , Protein: 18 g , Fat: 11 g , Saturated Fat: 4 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g , Monounsaturated Fat: 4 g , Trans Fat: 1 g , Cholesterol: 183 mg , Sodium: 808 mg , Potassium: 395 mg , Fiber: 3 g , Sugar: 18 g , Vitamin A: 1699 IU , Vitamin C: 22 mg , Calcium: 204 mg , Iron: 3 mgHello! I’m back again with another classic Korean recipe for you all. Korea is famous for its diverse array of delicious street food, and I was lucky enough to grow up eating all of it. One of my favorite street foods of all time is Korean street toast. I would often grab street toast for breakfast on my way to school (even if it meant running late.) I remember going to my favorite street toast vendor at least once a week and burning my tongue gobbling down these delicious sandwiches as I waited for the subway.

Gilgeori

This dish is simple, and has all the best qualities of a breakfast sandwich. Melty cheese, egg, ham, toasted bread – pretty standard breakfast fare. I would say that what makes Korean street toast different is the addition of a thinly shredded cabbage slaw in the egg mixture and the use of sugar in the dish. Sugar is typically sprinkled on the egg, or on the bread, but for my recipe I decided to incorporate it into the sauce. This sweet, savory, tangy sauce is definitely what makes you reach back for more.

Best Street Food Recipes

For my Korean Street Toast, I used milk bread from my local Korean bakery. I definitely do recommend using Korean bread for this dish, but if you can’t get ahold of it, any type of sandwich bread will do! Just make sure to toast your bread thoroughly to prevent any sogginess. You can also play around with the carrot to cabbage ratio in your slaw depending on your taste! I sometimes will skip the carrots altogether and just use cabbage.

Give this delicious Korean street toast a try and let me know what you think in the comments below! Enjoy! If you liked this recipe, make sure to try out another favorite sandwich of mine – Steak Sandwich with Gochujang Aioli.

Ji

Hi, I’m Brittany and the creator of this blog! I wanted to create a space where I could track my culinary journey and share my love for home cooking.

Street Food Recipes

Posting Komentar untuk "Street Food Breakfast Recipes"