Steel Cut Oats Recipes Slow Cooker
If you struggle to find time in the morning to cook yourself a healthy breakfast, then please allow me to introduce you to banana bread Overnight Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats. This healthy crock pot oatmeal recipe is the closest thing you’ll find to living in a bed and breakfast. Simply stir the ingredients together the night before, set your slow cooker to low, and in the morning, you’ll awake to the heavenly scent of warm cinnamon floating through your home.
I discovered this method for cooking steel-cut oats in the crock potthe year a series of unfortunate events left us without a stove for almost three months.

I’ll spare you the details, but suffice to say that without a proper cooktop or oven, I embraced my slow cooker with a passion I didn’t realize I could muster for an appliance.
Crockpot Steel Cut Oats With Maple Syrup And Pecans
I’d seen overnight steel cut oatmeal recipes floating around the web for ages, but most were for the cold variety that soaks overnight in the refrigerator. (Check out my version of Overnight Steel Cut Oats!)
While I do adore regular overnight oats (these Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats and this Sugar Cookie Overnight Protein Oatmeal are two favorites), in the winter months, I crave my oatmeal hot.
The issue: On weekday mornings, I’m usually too busy or too unmotivated to stand at the stove and wait for steel cut oatmeal to simmer. My priorities are coffee and finding a pair of socks that match.
Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats With Blueberries And Peaches
The one downfall of steel cut oats is that, if you make them day of, they can take 30 minutes or longer to cook on your stovetop, which is about 26 minutes longer than I’m willing to wait for my breakfast on an average morning.
All of the steel cut oatmeal magichappens in the slow cooker overnight, so in the morning, the only waiting you’ll do is for the coffee to brew. (Another example of overnight recipe magic: Crockpot Egg Casserole!)
On its own, oatmeal can be pretty bland, but with a few little tricks, you can turn it into a crave-worthy breakfast.
Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oatmeal With Apples And Brown Sugar
Going along with the Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats banana bread theme, I couldn’t stop myself from topping my bowl with extra banana slices and walnuts.
Combined with the bananas that were mixed into the crock pot oatmeal, this steel cut oats recipe has just the right amount of sweetness for me.
Overnight slow cooker steel cut oats that cook while you sleep! With banana, cinnamon, and warm spices, this easy crock pot oatmeal tastes like your favorite banana bread. Just put the ingredients in your slow cooker and in the morning, breakfast is served!

Overnight, Slow Cooker, Banana & Coconut Milk Steel Cut Oatmeal
Overnight steel cut oats can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 2 months. To reheat, top desired amount with a few tablespoons of water or milk, then warm in the microwave or in a small saucepan until hot. If the oatmeal is frozen, let thaw overnight in the refrigerator first.
*The ground flaxseed meal I added for a nutritional boost. If you don’t have it or do not wish to add it, simply omit it. You can also substitute chia seeds or hulled hemp seeds.
Serving: 1 (of 6, without toppings—about 1 1/4 cups) Calories: 190 kcal Carbohydrates: 28 g Protein: 7 g Fat: 5 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Potassium: 28 mg Fiber: 6 g Sugar: 1 g Calcium: 139 mg Iron: 2 mg
Overnight, Slow Cooker, Apple Cinnamon Steel Cut Oatmeal
Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!This is a practically effortless way to have a hot breakfast ready to go the moment you wake up. The trick to perfect steel-cut oats in the slow cooker is to make use of the auto-warm setting, which switches on when the set cook time is over. (The majority of modern slow cookers have this function, though some older ones may not.) the oatmeal on low for two hours, then on warm for up to six more ensures very creamy, risotto-like oats that have a pleasant chew. (You can also cook the oats on low for 4 hours, then immediately serve, but if you venture any longer than that, the oats may overcook.) Think of this as a whole-grain meal that you can take in any sweet or savory direction you like: Top with a pat of butter and a squeeze of honey, or a sprinkle of salt and a bit of hot sauce, or any of the topping suggestions below.
Instead of using a slow cooker or Instapot (which I don't have), I soak my steel-cut oats over night, covered in water in the pot they will be cooked in. Add a pinch of salt, and cook on low for a few minutes in the morning, while I brew coffee. My usual add-ins are chopped almonds, walnuts, dried fruits like cranberries, apricot, apples, dates. The combinations are endless.

I mix 1/2 C steel cuts oats with 1 C water, pinch salt, bring to a boil. turn off cover and let sit until morning. Then just reheat, add some milk, fruit, whatever you want. Very easy.
Creamy Coconut Milk Steel Cut Oatmeal
I use an instapot for steel cut oats. Cook 5min on high, then let sit in keep warm mode for at least 30 min. Stir, eat. Chewy, creamy every time!!
I do steel-cut oats in the microwave. Three to one, water to oats. One and a half minutes on high to get them boiling (depending on the amount of oats I am using) and then 7 minutes on power level 3. I then let them sit for a couple of minutes.
If you don't mind having to rinse (just rinse) a saucepan -- or if you choose to cook the oats in a large saucepan rather than in an instant pot -- then toast the oats in a dry saucepan, for 20-120 seconds (depending on your heat), stirring occasionally over low heat or often over high. They develop a nice, slightly nutty aroma/flavor. (Tip courtesy of Daniel Gritzer)
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats (slow Cooker Option)
Unless you plan to add lots of fruit / nuts / veg, one cup of oats (about 156g / 600 cal) is a bit scanty for four people. I eat savory oatmeal (from steel-cut oats) with veg almost daily -- that's how I know that even though 40g is considered one portion, it's a bit small *unless* it's augmented quite a lot.

That's my recipe too! So good. So convenient. I make a large batch and freeze in portions. Breakfast at the ready! Sometimes I use the April Bloomfields trick and add rolled oats in equal portions, so you get creamy and chewy.
A tip I got years ago helped to prevent over steel oats. I put water in my crock pot and then a bowl inside. Then I cook for 8 hours on low. Also some pumpkin in with the oats makes a nice addition.
Crock Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal
I have made these almost weekly in the slow cooker since I saw this recipe. I do not use salt, and I only use 3 cups of water. I turn to high for 15 minutes, then turn to warm. I would say they are done in 3 hours. If left longer, they tend to dry out to much at the edges and I lose some that way. My husband asks for more if I forget to make them and this man used to eat sweets for breakfast for about 42 years. Winner.
Just one person's input, in case it's of use: I use water bc I prefer savory oats--with veg + herbs / spices, and as a lunch or dinner. (It's risotto-like, as noted above.) Also, I rinse my oats after bc I dislike the gumminess (yes, I know that makes them less nourishing), so it would make no sense to use something other than water only to discard most of it. Finally, I don't want the extra cals from milk. Btw, steel-cut are hearty, even after rinsing--not at all gruel-like.
Milk vs water actually affects the texture of the oats. They absorb differently and the milk does funny things to the oatmeal. Makes it sticky and gloopy. Water actually yields creamier oatmeal. Just make it a little thicker than your desired consistency and add the milk or cream you want as another topping. Or my personal favorite, mix a raw egg into the hot, finished pot for a creamy protein boost. There's enough heat to cook it, you don't need anymore.

Slow Cooker Steel Cut Oats
So I've been steel cut oats for years, but after tiring of the usual sweet fruit and other sweeteners, I tried a savory experiment. Now my standard recipe includes a Roma tomato (or two), a well-chopped celery stick, some carrot bits, perhaps pepper slices or olives, and a pinch (or more) of Knorr tomato bouillon. I love it, but have never managed to convince any other living soul to try a bite, much less cook
Posting Komentar untuk "Steel Cut Oats Recipes Slow Cooker"