Raw Pear Recipes
As soon as Fall starts, I highly recommend making this pear cobbler recipe for dessert. It has a bottom layer of sweet, juicy, fresh pears smothered with an amazing tender biscuit topping! A fantastic fall dessert I'm sure you'll want to repeat often during the season.
The day I made one for the first time (it was this peach cobbler, and it happened a million years ago), I was 15 and decided on the spot that it was one of my favorite desserts.

Many decades later, this fresh pear cobbler falls under the'dessert savior or rescue recipe' category, the type that saves the meal because
Easy Italian Pear Cake Recipe (torta Di Pere)
I made this cobbler a few days ago and it was superb! The biscuit topping is the best .. I'll definitely continue to use this recipe!
It's a dessert consisting of a layer of fruit filling and a biscuit topping. An old-fashioned, comforting dessert that's been around for ever.
The topping can also be made with pie crust on top, like the plum cobbler recipe, and it's a great dessert for using seasonal fruit. Some recipes also have a thin layer of dough in the bottom, but the ones I make never do.
Easy Baked Pears (to Share With The Kids)
The fruit layer is mixed with sugar and a thickener (cornstarch in this recipe) to create a syrup as it bakes, and the topping cooks to a tender, sweet biscuit.
Pears are still sweet and juicy where I live. But it can easily be made with apples or peaches if you're still enjoying the last fruits of summer.
Though this is a recipe for pear cobbler with fresh pears, it can be made with canned ones. All is explained in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Raw Pear And Pancetta Salad Recipe
There are two parts to this easy pear dessert, and both use everyday ingredients that you probably have at home right now.
I use Anjou pears, English or Bartlett pears, which are very common and hold their shape well when baked. Any type of pear you usually bake with works.
Don't mistake them for comice pears, which sometimes look similar, because they're not the best for baking as they don't hold their shape as well as the other two. At least that's my recommendation.
Air Fryer Pears
Cornstarch: as mentioned above, this ingredient acts as a thickener (when mixed with water) and creates a wonderfully thick syrup that mixes with the natural juices released from the pears as they bake.
It's mixed with water to create a cornstarch slurry and is added before the topping. It's the way to avoid undissolved lumps of cornstarch.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/7264740-19d31189eee0409a9e5728fcd035ca67.jpg?strip=all)
The recipe is similar to drop scones, an old-fashioned recipe from Ireland if you asked my grandmother, but claimed by many as being from Scotland or England. A question for another moment.
Easy Fresh Pear Cobbler Recipe
The topping of this dessert is easy to make, a one-bowl mixture that comes together in no time and doesn't even have to be spread carefully.
Yes, you can freeze this dessert, which lasts 2-4 weeks in the freezer, well covered in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Or in an airtight container.
To defrost, put it in the fridge overnight or leave it at room temperature before warming it in a 325°F oven (this goes for both methods).
Perfect Pear Recipes To Enjoy At Every Meal
Most spices that go well with other fall flavors (known as fall spices), like apples and pumpkin, can be paired with pears.
They won't be good for eating alone. They can be used for smoothies and some desserts. Ensure they are washed and completely dried.

They are great for baking! They will soften and release juices, making them sweeter. So use them for desserts, like this cobbler, the pear almond tart, or the pear upside-down cake.
Fresh Pear Cake With Whipped Brown Sugar Buttercream
Let me know in the comments below if you made this recipe andloved it and if you had issues so we can troubleshoot together. I love to hear what you think, always. Thanks for being here. It's much appreciated.
I'm Paula, a baker for more than 30 years and your designated recipe developer, sharing the best ones here with simple ingredients + easy-to-follow instructions.In this pear custard pie, fresh pears are combined with a rich and creamy 5 minute custard, then baked to perfection for a simple yet elegant dessert.
I am not a huge fan of pears. I like them fine when they’re cooked but I don’t eat them raw, I think it’s the somewhat grainy texture that bothers me. A long time ago before we had kids a relative sent us a big box of those fancy mail order pears. My husband did his best to try and eat them before they turned to mush but it was just too many pears for him to finish. I made this pear custard pie to use them up and I have been making it ever since. It’s definitely my favorite way to eat pears.
Vanilla Poached Pears
We go through a ton of produce in this house. My kids are total fruit monsters and between the three of them they can polish off a whole pound of grapes or strawberries in one sitting when they’re in the mood. My mom often brings us bags of apples, oranges and pears to help keep our household well stocked in the fruit department. When I have extra fruit on hand, I make blackberry salad or this pear custard pie.
Some weeks we don’t get through all the fruit and that’s when I make pear custard pie.The beauty of this recipe is that it only uses pantry staples that you probably always have lying around. Which means that if you’ve got pears, you can whip this up whenever you feel like it. I’ve made it twice in the last two weeks!
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/fresh-pear-cobbler-3053813_17_preview-5b1fcf7d30371300360889b8.jpeg?strip=all)
The batter for this custard is made in the blender. After you peel and cut the pears, toss them in the dish and pour the custard over the top. That’s all there is to it, 40 minutes later you’ve got an amazing dessert.
Honey Vanilla Roasted Pear Recipe, Fresh From The Farm
You can sprinkle some powdered sugar over the top if you want to dress it up for a special occasion. I’ve also put some cinnamon sugar on top which is great too.It probably comes as no surprise that the kids love this recipe. I’ve made it dozens of times over the years and it always gets rave reviews. It’s simple, but sometimes the simplest recipes are the best, don’t you think?
Calories: 257 kcal | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Cholesterol: 105 mg | Sodium: 143 mg | Potassium: 215 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 24 g | Vitamin A: 435 IU | Vitamin C: 5.1 mg | Calcium: 60 mg | Iron: 0.9 mgMaybe the best thing about being a cookbook author is that some of your own favorite recipes are, well, in a book! You completely forget about something, and then maybe the season rolls around and the memory of it floats back. But instead of rifling through a pile of magazine clips or trolling the internet, all you have to do is open your own cookbook to find the recipe. (This is particularly helpful to absent-minded me, as my own record keeping system has deteriorated over the years.)
Lately, recipe-memories have been bombarding me. Something about the end of summer and the start of fall really makes me want to cook, plus we have so many fruit-and-vegetable odds and ends migrating from the farm stand into the house. Mostly the recipes coming to mind are ones (not surprisingly) in the Indian Summer and Early Fall section of Fresh from the Farm: A Year of Recipes and Stories. In fact, some of my favorite recipes in the book are in that section–Winter Green Market Meatloaf; Roasted Beet “Jewels” with Cranberries, Toasted Pecans & Balsamic Butter; Mac ‘N Cheese with Kale, Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomatoes; and Indian Summer Minestrone with Late Tomatoes and Beans, which I’m definitely going to make this week.
Easy Butter Roasted Pears Recipe
And now Roy is picking pears for the farm stand. Which means I’m getting the discards, ones with a blemish or two. I got this idea in my head that I might make pear butter out of them. I began looking at various recipes and then decided not only that the process was too time-consuming, but also that I wasn’t entirely sure how much pear butter Roy and I could consume. Probably very little, I realized. Finally the memory light bulb went off and I thought, don’t I already know the perfect easy and delicious thing to do with these pears? Yes, of course. Roast them. With honey and butter and vanilla. A là Fresh From the Farm. So good.
The recipe I developed for the book goes one step further and uses the pears in a totally groovy dessert that showcases the pears on a pillow of ginger mascarpone cream on top of a giant soft molasses cookie (photo above). Yep. That is a mighty good recipe, I will tell you, but in the interest of time, you can just make the Honey Vanilla Roasted Pears and you’re good to go, with or without vanilla ice cream. (I also developed a

Posting Komentar untuk "Raw Pear Recipes"