Gluten Free Dairy Free Yogurt Recipe
I can’t tell you how excited I was to make this recipe ever since I first saw a video about it on youtube. There are many, many bloggers writing about it, so I’m just gonna write about my experience making this coconut yogurt.
To say I was skeptical about trying this process out is an understatement. It couldn’t possibly be easy, right? But then again, it does take only 2 ingredients: coconut milk and probiotics.

I had some regular coconut milk in my pantry, and I had some kind of probiotics as well. Might as well try it out, right?
Easy Dairy Free Yogurt Bowls {gf, Vegan}
Well, my first experience was a major no-no. As soon as I opened the can, it smelled a bit funny. Like, it was coconut milk, but kind of gross?
Since I had already opened it, I decided I might as well try the recipe out. I took a probiotics capsule, stirred it in the coconut milk, covered the container…. And the next day, it smelled sour, like spoilt milk. I thought I was on the right path, right? Then, the top of the milk started turning pink (??) and I got separation. I was unsure, but I bravely tasted it again.
Oh, hell no. Now, this sure can’t be right! I tossed everything away, there was no way I was eating that. I was sure I did something wrong.And well, it turned out, I did.
So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Yogurt Alternative, Vanilla, Vegan, Gluten Free, Non Gmo, Creamy Plant Based Yogurt Alternative, 24 Oz Container
I am not one to give up so easily, so I turned to Google for an answer. Iread other people’s experiences and concluded, the capsules may ONLY contain probiotics, and no other enzymes or prebiotics.
I checked our medicine cabinet again, and hidden away found 2 leftover capsules of strong vegan probiotics. I checked the brand online to be sure it contained no prebiotics. All looked good.
So I got myself some really good organic coconut milk. I opened it up and it smelled DELICIOUS. Like freshly opened coconut. Could eat it by the spoon! Perfect! I took a jar and cleaned the shit out of it. Once I was done with it, it sparkled.
Yogurt And Granola
I carefully poured in the coconut milk. Stirred. Opened my precious probiotics and added them to the milk. I stirred them in with a clean ceramic spoon. Covered with a clean thin dishtowel. Stored on the countertop, away from sunlight.
I checked it, oh, about every hour. Was it developing? Was it separating? Are there any pink hues? Does it smell sour?
And friends, 24 hours later… PERFECTION. A jar of perfectly tangy, creamy and delicious coconut yogurt without sugars or additives. Completely natural, dairy-free, plant-based. How perfect is that?
Moroccan Style Yogurt Cake
I closed the jar with a lid and put in the fridge overnight.When I was ready to use it, it was thick, firm and airy, light and delicious!
So if I could do it, you too can make yourself some natural dairy-free coconut yogurt right at home, with just 2 ingredients and no fancy yogurt maker!
First of all, I LOVE coconut yogurt. Out of all the plant-based yogurts I tried, coconut yogurt is the one I like the best. But, for me, finding coconut yogurt is a major task. I have to go out of my way for it, visit specific stores that may or may not stock it.
The Best Vegan Yogurt
Yogurt is also healthy, with probiotics cultures, but store-bought often contains additives or sugar, or it just doesn’t taste how I would like it. So I mostly wasn’t even eating yogurt (plant-based or regular due to my allergy).

When you make your own, you can be sure of the ingredients you use, and only use a sweetener if you want to.
To make your own coconut yogurt you’ll need strong probiotics and coconut milk. I checked the brand I use and it contains guar gum as a thickener, so you may need to adjust for it.
Dairy Free Yogurt For Babies And Toddlers • The Allergy Mums Club
* we used organic coconut milk with guar gum as thickener and Waya Forte probiotics that contain up to about 10 billion colonies, so 20 billion in total.
You can connect with us on ourInstagramandFacebookor onPinterest. We share many behind-the-scenes photos and step-by-step recipes in ourInstagram Stories, so be sure to check it out!
If you like this recipe, you can let us know in the comments below or on social media using # and tag us @. We’re always happy to read your feedback and LOVE seeing your take on our recipes.All you need iscoconut milk and probiotic capsules, which (if you’re like me) you probably have in your pantry right now. Score!
Instant Banana Cashew Yogurt Recipe (dairy Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Raw)
I prefer my yogurt plain, but it is also delicious with maple syrup, lemon, vanilla, or fruit. For serving, I made some of my fruit compote and added some chia seeds to thicken and WOW – it was amazing with the yogurt. Dream big, friends! Just about any flavor combination works here.
Satisfying snack or breakfast. I like serving mine with some banana, fresh fruit, and a sprinkle of Classic Granola or Sea Salt Dark Chocolate Granola and hemp seeds for added protein and fiber! Talk about an amazing plant-based treat.

This yogurt would also be delicious on top of things like my Life-Changing Banana Pancakes, Best Vegan GF Waffles, Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins, 1-Bowl Banana Bread, and more! And I put it to good use in upcoming recipes, so stay tuned!
Coconut Dairy Free Yogurt And Gluten Free Granola
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag your yogurt creations # on Instagram so we can see. Cheers, friends!
Recipe updated 7/24/17 to reflect another round of testing and troubleshooting. Switched recommendation of light coconut milk to full fat! Other considerations:
*My go-to probiotic is Renew Life Ultimate Flora 50 billion. However, the company does not confirm whether or not it is vegan. So a good vegan option is Jarrow Probiotic 10 billion, which I tested with the yogurt and it worked well! Keep in mind, one bottle of probiotics can not only be used to make dozens of batches of yogurt, but can also be taken orally for good digestive health! *Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without add-ins or sweeteners, using full fat coconut milk. *Method heavily adapted from the amazing Laura Miller. *Recipe updated 7/24/17 after another round of testing and troubleshooting! * Recipe makes 1 1/2 cups yogurt.
Dairy Free Yogurt And Granola Breakfast Popsicles
Serving: 1 quarter-cup servings Calories: 120 Carbohydrates: 2 g Protein: 1 g Fat: 12 g Saturated Fat: 10 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 25 mg Sugar: 1 gWhen I want to send a lunch box parfait to school with my dairy-free son, I use this dairy-free yogurt recipe. It’s also perfect for breakfast, or to add to your favorite smoothie recipe for a little bit of extra creaminess without any dairy.
You could say thatI have a house filled with food restrictions. My oldest son is on a gluten-free diet, my youngest is on a dairy-free diet, and I eat grain-free and mostly Paleo. It took a while, but I am finally not a short-order cook!
I began using our grain-free meal plan, and all I have to do is add some rice to a couple of meals to make everyone happy. Small switches like today’s yogurt make everything easier too. Dairy free yogurt is just as creamy and delicious as it’s traditional dairy-filled counterparts, so this is a quick recipe I can make for everyone in our house, even the people with no dairy sensitivities.

Light Gluten Free Vanilla
One of the reasons I love this recipe is that you can use any non-dairy “milk” you like. For the creamiest version equivalent to traditional full-fat yogurt, use canned coconut milk. I like to use this particular brand that doesn’t contain gums as stabilizers.
For a real yogurt-like texture, I recommend using full fat coconut milk. Other options such as almond milk, cashew milk, or soy milk don’t compare to the creamy texture it gives this yogurt.
Now that you know how to make plain yogurt try adding fruit preserves or fresh fruit to the bottom of the dish or jar a homemade fruit-at-the-bottom yogurt.
Dairy Free Tzatziki! (gluten Free, Keto & Paleo) — Brittanyangell.com
Since we use coconut milk or another dairy-free milk, this yogurt contains no lactose. But it does have a creamy, delicious texture your family will love, thanks to the coconut milk.
Yogurt isn’t for breakfast only; I also like to pack it in lunch along with fruit and crackers. Not sure how to pack yogurt in a lunchbox? Check out these smart hacks on how to pack yogurt for lunch and keep it cold.
I like making recipes like the Fresh Fruit Yogurt with diced strawberries or blueberries, whichever I have on hand. It’s an easy way to use up fresh berries in a healthy snack.
Vegan Blueberry Peach Yogurt Cake
Have a problem keeping those berries fresh for recipes like this one, try out this solution to keep berries fresh longer. I think you’ll be surprised how much longer your berries will keep.

Homemade, dairy-free yogurt is a lot more simple to make than it sounds, right? Give this recipe a try in any of the yogurt lunch ideas above, you won’t be able to tell the difference!
Your kids will love having this treat around and it’s made with
Posting Komentar untuk "Gluten Free Dairy Free Yogurt Recipe"