Easy And Quick Ratatouille Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links. Please see my privacy policy for more details.
This Easy Ratatouille Recipe is a classic French vegetable stew that’s packed with summer veggies, fresh basil and plenty of flavor. It’s healthy comfort food and it’s so easy to make!

I’ll never forget when we saw the Ratatouille movie in the theater for the first time. My boys were so little and we all adored it. I loved the message that anyone can cook! Even a rat. 🙂
Easy Ratatouille Recipe To Help You Channel Your Inner Chef Remy
At the time, I was a blossoming cook. I had taken some cooking classes but hadn’t gone to cooking school yet, and had no clue that one day I’d earn a living running a food blog.
I also had no idea what the dish Ratatouille was. It sparked my interest, but I didn’t try it until I was in cooking school years later. I was thrilled to finally try it, and it’s been a favorite of mine ever since.
This is the perfect time to try this ratatouille recipe as the vegetables and herbs are in peak season. It’s summer comfort food!
Ratatouille Recipe (easy!)
This ratatouille recipe is very easy to make and requires just a bit of prep chopping the vegetables. It’s simmered on the stove top until tender and flavorful, so it takes a bit of time to cook.
Pro tip: Prep the vegetables up to 1 day in advance to make this recipe even easier, or prep the entire dish ahead for meal prep lunches or dinner.
Ratatouille is a classic Provencal French vegetable stew. It includes eggplant, tomatoes, bell peppers, tomatoes and herbs, so it’s healthy comfort food.
Disney's Ratatouille Recipe
Ratatouille is great served as-is for a healthy, low carb meal. It may also be served with crusty bread, over pasta or polenta, or served as a side dish with chicken or fish.
Ratatouille is a versatile vegetable stew that you can serve as is for a healthy low carb meal, or with crusty bread like my focaccia bread.
For a more satisfying meal, serve over pasta, polenta or your favorite grains, or add protein such as shredded chicken or broiled salmon.
Homemade Classic French Ratatouille
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and rating below, or tag me at @ on Instagram!
This Easy Ratatouille Recipe is a classic French vegetable stew that's packed with summer veggies, fresh basil and plenty of flavor. It's healthy comfort food!
Calories: 173 kcal , Carbohydrates: 22 g , Protein: 3 g , Fat: 10 g , Saturated Fat: 1 g , Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g , Sodium: 128 mg , Fiber: 6 g , Sugar: 9 g
Easy Ratatouille Recipe — The Mom 100
Did you try this recipe? Be sure to tag @ with the hashtag # on Instagram so I can see what you made!by Melanie McDonald · This post contains affiliate links · As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. · 36 Comments

Vegetables are the true stars of the show in this colourful, rustic and easy vegan ratatouille recipe that is naturally gluten-free, low-carb and perfect for using up surplus vegetables.
Ratatouille is a traditional Frenchvegetable stew originating from Provence, that farmers would make to use up their surplus vegetables. Touiller in French means 'to toss' or 'stir it up' hence the name.
Easy Ratatouille Recipe. Vegetarian And Healthy Recipes Collection — Home Cafe Recipes
There are many different ways of cooking ratatouille, from slicing the vegetables really thinly then layering them up and baking, to sauteeing each individual vegetable before combining them all at the end. My method though is to cook the vegetables like you would a stew, but relatively quickly so that most of them retain their texture. It's simple, quick (once all the veggies are prepped and chopped into chunky pieces), easy and delicious,
And just a quick note regarding the fennel seeds - They are optional but recommended if you have them. They add a very, very subtle hint of aniseed flavour. It sounds strange but trust me on this one. I am not an aniseed lover so if it comes from me it must be worth it! The flavour works so well with the vegetables, highlighting their flavours and really elevating the dish, making it special in a way you can't really pinpoint.
Equipment - To make this naturally vegan and super easy ratatouille you will need a large Dutch oven or soup pot. When chopped and raw the veggies take up a lot of space so I recommend using a minimum of a 5-quart pot. 6 quart is a bit more comfortable. By the time they have cooked their volume reduces by about half so don't worry about ending up with mountains of ratatouille.
Ratatouille With Farro
Success tip - In season (and local too if possible) vegetables will have the best flavour, which in turn will make your ratatouille taste even more special. If your tomatoes aren't at their best you can boost their flavour by adding a tablespoon of white or cane sugar with the other ingredients, or even during cooking.
Because it stores and reheats so well this recipe is perfect for meal prep. Portion it up into individual containers either on its own or with a grain of choice and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight and reheat when needed.

Ratatouille can be eaten as a side dish or a main dish. It's so good served simply with a drizzle of good olive oil and some baguette or crusty bread to mop up the delicious juice. I love to sprinkle over a few fried capers and some crumbles of vegan feta, parmesan or ricotta but you can also serve it with:
Best Ratatouille Recipe
Eggplant is an integral part of the dish so I recommend using it if at all possible. If you can't though use more zucchini and bell peppers instead.
If you need to use canned tomatoes use good quality canned whole tomatoes and chop them up prior to adding. San Marzano canned tomatoes are the best ones if you can get them. Don't use diced tomatoes because they contain calcium chloride which stops them from breaking down when cooked.
I haven't tested it in an Instant Pot but I think it would be ok. Saute the onion and garlic as per the recipe but in the inner pot, then turn it off and add everything else. I'm thinking 5 minutes of high pressure would probably be enough with a natural pressure release.
How To Make Ratatouille
Simply saute the onions and garlic, then add everything else to a large, ovenproof dish. Cover with a lid or some foil and bake at 400°F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
If you try thisrecipe, let me know how you like it by leaving a comment and rating below! And be sure to join my mailing list for more deliciousness!
Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 117 kcal | Carbohydrates: 20 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Sodium: 797 mg | Potassium: 982 mg | Fiber: 7 g | Sugar: 13 g | Vitamin A: 3199 IU | Vitamin C: 114 mg | Calcium: 59 mg | Iron: 1 mg

The Best Ratatouille Recipe • Midgetmomma
Did you make this recipe? Rate it & leave feedback in the comments section below. I love seeing your remakes too. Tag @ on Instagram! 🌟
This recipe was originally published on November 30th, 2015. I've updated the post with new photographs and information and now I am republishing it for you. The recipe itself remains the same. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for following A Virtual Vegan!This Ratatouille recipe comes together quickly for a fresh weeknight dinner. It’s a light and fresh dish that’s gluten free , vegan , and paleo. Plus, it freezes well – so go ahead and make a double batch! ( Vegan , Vegetarian , Gluten Free , Paleo, and Whole30 Compliant)
Granted, this might be the yuppiest thought to have ever been uttered, tied only with “OMG! They’re out of pumpkin spice lattes!” and “Ugh my premium high speed internet is totally only running at the speed of standard, ” but can I just ask..what the heck we did before CSAs and farmers markets?
Easy And Quick Ratatouille
All over the country, small farmers are pulling insanely fresh, plump vegetables out of the ground and off of vines or trees or…wherever one finds vegetables ???? (See, this is why I leave the farming to the farmers.)
Anyway, I only mention it because a CSA means you not only get to support these fabulous farmers, but receive, in return, a weekly box full of said freshly picked veggies (and, in some CSAs, fruits too), and do incredible-slash-incredibly-simple things with them, like make the best ratatouille.
Every week, I open my box with big eyes and a hopeful stomach, hoping for another round of the crisp zucchini and juicy cucumbers that were in last week’s box.
Easy Ratatouille Recipe (vegan, Gluten Free, Freezable)
It seems like my CSA’s cucumber stock has been exhausted. (Damn. But don’t think I am not still making fridge pickles .) But they’ve wisely softened the blow by replacing them

Posting Komentar untuk "Easy And Quick Ratatouille Recipe"