Best Vegetarian Dill Recipes
First recipe of 2017: My new favorite chickpea salad. It’s crisp and fresh, with lots of zip. I’ve been eating it straight from the bowl, and even used it as a protein-rich topping for some cheesy nachos the other night. That’s what I like to call a balanced meal.
I’m so glad I finally moved to a better kitchen. Now that I have an open, light-filled cooking space, I’ve found myself spontaneously creating recipes at dinnertime again. Stay tuned for more salads and soups soon. I’m

I can’t take full credit for this one, though. I was immediately smitten with the original concept on Serious Eats. Loads of fresh dill? Say no more. I tinkered with their recipe quite a bit, like I do, to make it a delicious lunch or side made with canned chickpeas. Mine has chopped celery, green onions, and extra carrots.
The Best Vegan Potato Salad You'll Ever Eat
I grated the carrots in my food processor, which reminded me—I recently learned that the sharp metal blade on my beloved food processor (and the machine that I have recommended for years) is at risk for breaking into pieces. Kinda dangerous. If you have a Cuisinart food processor, you can get a replacement blade here.
My favorite chickpea salad recipe, made with grated carrots, chopped celery, fresh dill, and lots of chickpeas. This protein-rich salad is perfect for potlucks, packs well for lunch, and it’s easy to make! Recipe yields 4 side servings.
Change it up: Instead of dill, I think you could use chopped cilantro and/or parsley, whichever you prefer. For more of a punch, try adding thinly sliced Kalamata olives and/or crumbled feta cheese. You can also serve this salad over fresh greens with extra oil and vinegar, make a wrap out of it with hummus, etc.
Dill Leaves Dal (instant Pot & Stovetop)
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. See our full nutrition disclosure here.
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #.
Subscribe to our email newsletter! As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. (It's all free.)
Vegan Smashed Chickpea Sandwich
© Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2024. All rights reserved. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC.Who else loves cucumbers?! We’re big fans of their crunch and versatility, and they really come to life in this cucumber salad with fresh dill and mint! It’s perfect for spring and summer, or when you’re looking for a light and tangy side dish!
This salad is vegan and dairy-free but SO creamy and flavorful thanks to avocado and fresh herbs! Plus, optional crispy chickpeas for texture and protein and vegan feta for saltiness! YES, please. Just 7 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 15 minutes required for this delicious dish. Let us show you how it’s done!
This 1-bowl cucumber salad starts with a tangy, rich, super simple dressing. Creamy avocado combines with rich olive oil, sweet and tangy white balsamic vinegar, plus salt and pepper for flavor.
Easy Dill Dip Recipe
When stirred together, it’s the perfect consistency for coating each bite of cucumber. We tested replacing the avocado with more olive oil for ease, but it just wasn’t as good.
Next, we prepare the cucumber by scraping out the seeds with a spoon. This ensures crunchiness and prevents the flavor from being diluted by the liquid around the seeds.

Peeling the cucumber is optional, but we find peeling it in stripes is not only pretty, but also a good balance between keeping the extra fiber and preventing bitterness.
Creamy Cucumber Salad With Yogurt And Dill
We then add the sliced cucumbers into the dressing along with fresh mint and dill (hello, spring!). Stir it all together and you’ve got a super simple side. Or, elevate it further by topping with crispy chickpeas and vegan feta.
It goes well as a side with nearly any main, especially Mediterranean-inspired dishes like our Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps (30 Minutes!), Baked Quinoa Black Bean Falafel, or Lemon Baked Salmon with Garlic Dill Sauce (30 Minutes!).
Or, if topping with the optional chickpeas and feta, it can work as a lighter main when splitting between two or three people.
Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo@on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Crunchy, tangy cucumber salad with fresh dill and mint! Optional crispy chickpeas add protein to this delicious summery side dish. Just 7 ingredients, 1 bowl, and 15 minutes required!

*The avocado helps the dressing coat the cucumbers better. We tested without it and while it works, we strongly preferred the version with avocado. *We tested with apple cider vinegar but preferred white balsamic vinegar because of its natural sweetness. If using apple cider vinegar, add 1 ½ teaspoons maple syrup to match the sweetness of white balsamic vinegar. *Inspired by the local cucumber salad at Bar Acuda in Hawaii. *Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Best Dill Dip Recipe
Serving: 1 cup Calories: 130 Carbohydrates: 31.7 g Protein: 1.3 g Fat: 11.3 g Saturated Fat: 1.4 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.9 g Monounsaturated Fat: 5.7 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 197 mg Potassium: 297 mg Fiber: 2.7 g Sugar: 3.8 g Vitamin A: 315 IU Vitamin C: 6 mg Calcium: 38 mg Iron: 1.2 mgIn this vegan potato salad recipe, potatoes are tossed with crunchy vegetables like fennel and celery, herbs like dill and parsley, then topped with a light and tangy dill pickle vinaigrette dressing. This vegan potato salad is made without mayo.
Keeping it simple and tasty this week. I love pickles. I love vinaigrette-dressed potato salads. Excessive amounts of dill? Another thing that I love! Why not combine all of those loves into one perfect dill pickle-dressed potato salad? I have lots of vegan salad recipes for inspiration if you’re in need.
I’ve been making a version of this for a while, and now have a mental block around potato salads that don’t include pickles. There’s an amazing caramelized onion potato salad in my cookbook that features, you guessed it, pickles! I also have a creamy dill pickle salad recipe without potatoes! I know what I like and I’m sticking to it.
Quick Creamy Vegan Dill Sauce
What sets my version of vegan potato salad apart: we have chopped fennel and celery for crunch, lots of chopped pickles, red onion, heavy hands of dill and parsley, and a good amount of pickle brine IN the dressing!
I love having a container of this vegan potato salad on hand as a base for our work-from-home lunches. I grab a big spoonful and add a handful of greens, a drizzle of olive oil and some lemon (or some sort of dressing), some chickpeas or lentils and some extra vegetables. Super easy and satisfying midday meal.

I usually just blend up a smoothie for lunch. But if I have a salad like this on hand (which takes 30 minutes to make), I’ll fix up a nice plate. I’m thinking I should make salads like this more often because I just can’t seem to pause and actually make a lunch most days. I like to keep going! I know that some of you will be able to relate.I LOVE tofu. I know I may be in the minority here, but I think I have mastered tofu. When I look at a block of tofu now, at the ripe old age of 34, I know I can do amazing things with it. That being said, this vegan crispy tofu with lemon dill cream sauce is one of the most delicious things I’ve ever had. Tofu or not. A super easy, crispy baked tofu. Topped with a very addictive cream sauce.
The Best Simple Vegan Potato Salad.
I used to love fish topped with lemon dill sauce. I realized the other day that it would probably taste incredible over some tofu. Not only that, it would be even more amazing to marinate the tofu in lemon juice and then bread and bake it. So here you have one of the fanciest, truly incredible tofu dishes I have ever created.
This vegan crispy tofu with lemon dill cream sauce is the perfect main dish to go with a whole slew of sides. I like to serve it with steamed veggies for a healthish meal. I particularly like green beans with it. It’s also amazing with Vegan Mashed Potatoes or Vegan Cauliflower Mash! French fries or sweet potato fries. The possibilities are endless. So get creative, or use whatever veggies you have on hand that need to be used up!
If you have never tried a lemon dill cream sauce, now is the time! It is not normally vegan, but I knew it was time to make that happen. A note on the coconut cream, this sauce has maybe a slight hint of coconut, but it works and I don’t think you can really taste it very much at all. Once the sauce has simmered and reduced, it just tastes like lemon, dill, cream and happiness. I highly recommend just giving it a try!
Orzo, Leek And Dill Soup
*The sauce might have a slight coconut taste, but I
Posting Komentar untuk "Best Vegetarian Dill Recipes"