Potato Lentil Curry Recipe
It’s been 5 days since I’ve gone on braces and I would be lying if I told you that I am back to normal. I still have not been able to have anything other than ‘baby food’-style food (smooth soups, mash, guac, smoothies, applesauce, ice cream – you get the gist) apart from some chunky homemade chips, which were really hard to eat but the craving got the better of me.
With all that is going on, I am finding it hard to be motivated to come up with new recipes right now, I will be honest. I have done a few test cooks for recipes I was excited about before I went on braces, but the taste (and texture!) tasting process is just not happening right now. My mouth is sore, my teeth are hurting and my tastebuds have seemingly gone on strike out of solidarity with the rest of my mouth’s infrastructure…I am hoping to win them back again soon.

On this note, this recipe is an amalgamation of a few of my old recipes and it can be eaten as a curry / stew, but it also lends itself really well to being blended into a smooth soup – have a guess which is my favourite right now? As normally I am big fan of texture, I’ve decided to refrain from publishing a creamy soup recipe as I find texture-rich dishes infinitely more interesting. They are also a lot more democratic, aren’t they – if you are a texture hater yourself (or have committed the folly of treating yourself to braces, like I did), I am sure that your blender will welcome you with open arms. Mine is really earning its keep right now 😉 .
Brown Lentil Sweet Potato Curry
If you make this recipe please tag me on Instagram using the # hashtag and @. I love seeing your takes on my recipes!
*You can use either raw or pre-cooked red lentils here. Do not add the salt until the lentils have cooked as salt makes them tough.
**You can leave the coriander stalks whole and remove them before serving the curry or chop them up finely and leave them in.
Thai Red Curry Lentil Soup Recipe With Sweet Potatoes
Join our mailing list and we we will let you know when we publish a new recipe. You'll receive our DELIGHTFUL DESSERTS E-BOOK as a thank you for supporting us.Warm up this fall with a bowl full of easy lentil potato curry! It’s hearty, filling, and so warming! Your family will love this tasty, allergy friendly dish.
All of a sudden, it is very chilly here in Michigan, and I am ready for some warming soups and curries. We made this easy lentil potato curry this weekend, and it was a delicious way to welcome the colder weather.
This is a great curry recipe to make for your family, because it isn’t super spicy, and it’s very easy to adjust the spice level. If you want to make it even milder, you can reduce the amount of curry powder.
Sweet Potato Lentil Curry Recipe With Coconut And Spinach
If potatoes don’t work for your diet, you can leave them out, or add something else in their place. Try cubed butternut squash or eggplant.
I used green lentils for this recipe, because they are widely available, and easy to find at a regular grocery store. You could use French green lentils or black lentils if you prefer.
Red lentils take very little time to cook, so I don’t think they are the best choice for this recipe. They will be done before the potatoes will be tender, and the red lentils would turn to mush.
Vegan Sweet Potato And Lentil Curry Recipe
Coconut cream is much thicker than coconut milk. Each can of coconut milk does have coconut cream in it, however. It’s the thick white stuff that separates from the coconut water.
If you only have canned coconut milk, you can use that. Just refrigerate it for at least 4 hours so you can drain off the coconut water before using.

You can use kale, or you can even use green peas or broccoli if you like. Be creative! You really can’t mess up this easy recipe.
Cauliflower Lentil And Potato Curry Recipe
Calories: 454 kcal Carbohydrates: 45 g Protein: 15 g Fat: 26 g Saturated Fat: 21 g Sodium: 676 mg Potassium: 1195 mg Fiber: 16 g Sugar: 5 g Vitamin A: 3125 IU Vitamin C: 21 mg Calcium: 114 mg Iron: 9 mg
Mom to two boys with food allergies and sensitivities, Kelly is passionate about allergy friendly cooking and baking. She believes that you can enjoy amazing, easy recipes even when cooking for multiple food allergies.This lentil and potato curry with spinach is delicious, warming and filling. Made with green lentils, potatoes and spinach this vegan and gluten-free curry is great for a tasty weekend dinner.
If you've been reading my blog for a while you'll know that I'm a big fan of lentils. Being a veggie, they are an important part of my diet. So I add them to as many recipes as I can! We love them in soups, curries and even in pasta!
Syn Free Chicken, Sweet Potato And Lentil Curry
This potato and lentil curry takes a bit longer than my usual curry recipes but it's definitely worth the wait. The result is a rich Indian style curry that is truly scrumptious!
The spices in this curry are well balanced and the coconut cream adds a lovely cooling effect, making this curry mild enough for the whole family to enjoy it. But if you want it to be hotter I have some tips for you to make that happen!

1. Cook the onions until soft. Meanwhile, toast the cardamom, coriander, mustard, cumin and fennel seeds in a dry pan then use a pestle and mortar to break them down. Once the onion is soft add the garlic and ginger then add all the spices.
Red Lentil Curry With Sweet Potato And Spinach
2. Next add the chopped potatoes to the pan and make sure they are covered in the spices. Then pour in the chopped (diced) tomatoes plus half a can of water. Stir well and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
4. Finally, add the coconut cream and simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes until the potatoes are cooked through. Once the potatoes are cooked, stir in the spinach along with a squeeze of lemon juice and check the seasoning. Once the spinach is wilted the curry is ready to serve.
Yes, you can. Ground spices typically don't have as much flavour as the seeds so I would use a little more than the quantity listed.
Cauliflower, Sweet Potato & Lentil Curry
Yes, you can. But, there may be some changes in the potatoes when you defrost and reheat them. I find the potatoes a little grainy after freezing so I tend not to freeze this dish.
Absolutely, like all good curries, this tastes even better the next day. If we do have any leftovers I will store them in the fridge and reheat them either in the microwave or on the hob. You may need to add a little water to loosen it up. Leftovers can be kept for 2-3 days.

If you loved this curry then you might want to check out some of my other curry recipes. My Red Lentil Dal has been one of the most popular curries on here since I first published it! Another great vegan curry is my Jackfruit Curry with Sweet Potatoes, this is another very popular curry. Finally, my family's favourite is this Cauliflower and Chickpea Curry, this always goes down a treat.
Vegan Thai Curry With Sweet Potatoes & Lentils
A delicious, warming and filling curry, made with green lentils, potatoes and spinach. This vegan and gluten-free curry is great for a tasty weekend dinner.
Calories: 650 kcal | Carbohydrates: 89.7 g | Protein: 25.3 g | Fat: 24.7 g | Saturated Fat: 14.8 g | Sodium: 529 mg | Potassium: 2083 mg | Fiber: 28.1 g | Sugar: 9.5 g | Calcium: 143 mg | Iron: 10 mg
Join my free email list to receive my 'Little Book of Curries' and 'Quick & Easy Dinners' ebooks. You'll also never miss a recipe!
Posting Komentar untuk "Potato Lentil Curry Recipe"