Pancake Day Pancakes Recipe
Shrove Tuesday Pancakes are a British tradition, better known as the star of Pancake Tuesday. However, they are so delicious, you’ll want to have them all year long!
As a little girl in Scotland, I remember bringing these lovely pancakes to school the day before Ash Wednesday. This day is called Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Tuesday in the UK (or Mardi Gras, aka Fat Tuesday in the US).

However, they are not the same as the French version, as the batter is a bit thicker. I could add even more confusion if we discussed Danish pancakes, but I won’t go there. 😂 Speaking of French recipes, get a fabulous recipe for another Mardi Gras tradition in France for Galette des Rois (King’s cake).
Big & Bold Pancake Day Recipes!
This is another one of those holiday dishes which I could kick myself for only making once a year. Traditionally, they are served with a drizzle of lemon juice, and sprinkle of sugar, which is exactly the way I love them!
I hope you try them as they are very simple to make, but actually look quite impressive! I just use a regular non-stick pan, but if you have a crepe pan, even better!
Stir in half the milk, working in the flour gradually until it begins to form a batter, then beat well and add the rest of the milk and liqueur or water.
Best Pancake Recipes For Pancake Day
Pour batter into a jug and let stand for about 15 minutes or longer before making any pancakes. After the batter has rested, heat a nonstick pan over medium high heat, add a little bit of butter to the center of the pan, stir the batter then pour in a small amount into the pan then swirl it so that it spreads thinly.
Place on a plate, drizzle with juice from a fresh lemon, sprinkle with sugar then roll or fold to eat immediately. If you’re not serving them right away, keep the pancakes on a plate over simmering water to keep warm. Add the lemon juice and sugar just before serving.
Please leave a review by clicking on the 5 stars above, in the purple header (a form will appear) or tag me on Instagram! 😍
Pancake Day: Mary Berry Shares How To Make Easy Pancakes
Christina’s Cucinais a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking toAmazon.com.Every year when it comes to Shrove Tuesday I always end up Googling “Pancake Recipe” and aiming for the first thing that comes up.
This has led to some hit and miss pancakes over the years. Some too stodgy, some lacking flavour, and fortunately some good ones too.
This year I decided that enough was enough. No more pancake Russian Roulette. I was going to figure out what I think is the perfect pancake recipe.

King Cake Pancakes For Mardi Gras And Fat Tuesday
I have now lost count of the number of pancakes I’ve made (and eaten) over the past week (not to mention my Lemon and Raisin Pancakes which I also made this week too!). Some of them weren’t even particularly good. However, after much experimentation I’ve found something I’m really happy with.
I think the geeky side of me emerged with this recipe (I even found myself using π to calculate the number of servings for the recipe using different sized frying pans – something I don’t think I’ve done since my GCSEs).
I took a basic pancake batter recipe and tweaked the amounts of flour and milk in relation to the eggs. I also tried…
Beautiful And Thin Everyday Pancakes
Unfortunately, despite the mountain of pancakes I made, I’m still appalling at flipping them. I’ve absolutely no hand-eye coordination.I think I’ve also been put off flipping by seeing Daddy Pig getting his pancakes stuck on the ceiling and still eating them (non-Peppa Pig fans will not understand – sorry).
I think I cheated a bit for the pictures, as that’s not really how I eat my pancake day pancakes (although they did taste goooooood with the maple syrup and fruit), I just thought the strawberries would brighten things up a bit.

However, as well as the multitude of sweet fillings you could choose from, these also work just as well with savoury fillings.
Mini Egg Pancakes Recipe + 2 Ingredient Chocolate Sauce
If you fancy trying something a little different then take a look at my pancake recipes index where I’ve got a selection of different pancake recipes as well as instructions and ideas for making your own pancake art.
Subscribe to the Charlotte's Lively Kitchen mailing list to get your FREE printable grams to cups and cups to grams conversion charts for twelve popular baking ingredients
Calories: 60 kcal | Carbohydrates: 9 g | Protein: 2 g | Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 19 mg | Sodium: 77 mg | Potassium: 56 mg | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 70 IU | Calcium: 38 mg | Iron: 0.5 mg
Irish Shrove Tuesday Pancakes With Lemon
Any nutritional information provided is the estimated nutritional information per serving. Please refer to my guide to Charlotte’s Lively Kitchen nutritional information if you would like to learn more about how this is calculated.

The ingredients I used to make this recipe are all free from the following allergens. However, please check any labels carefully for allergens you need to avoid as brands can vary and product recipes can change over time.An old English Georgian-era recipe for a great Shrove Tuesday “Pancake Day” pancake, that flips really well without falling apart. If you want something more delicate and less flip’able you can add ½ tsp baking powder to lighten it. There’s a range of milk given: the smaller amount will give a slightly thicker pancake; the greater amount will create a much thinner consistency and make a pancake that’s more like a crepe: but both will flip in the pan very well. That is, once you’ve practised your pancake flipping. Great served simply with some sugar sprinkled over plus a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, or a shake of ground cinnamon.
Whisk the eggs and wholemeal flour in a bowl until smooth. Beat in the milk, then smaller amount first, then add the white flour and beat until smooth again. Add the brandy and salt, then adjust the consistency with more milk if you prefer something thinner.
Fluffiest Blueberry Pancakes Recipe
Get your frying pan hot then add a small knob of butter (1/2 tsp) and let that swish around until it coats the base of the pan. Then pour in your pancake mixture, just enough to ¾’s coat the base of the pan leaving a few cm clear at the edges. Cook until the top is set and the base looks delicately brown in patches. Then check it’s loose in the pan. Now, with a slightly forward and back motion - like a bucking bronco machine – quickly flip the pancake up into the air, and back over into the pan so the cooked base of the pancake is now upward.
Don’t worry if your first pancake sticks, that happens, and also don’t fret if your first flipped pancake misses the pan and falls on the floor. This will make people laugh when you tell them, and being happy and forgiving is what Pancake Day is all about.
Posting Komentar untuk "Pancake Day Pancakes Recipe"