Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Gluten Free Tortilla Recipe Almond Flour

Gluten Free Tortilla Recipe Almond Flour

These grain free and gluten free almond flour tortillas are pliable and delicious! They're also easy to make, nutritious, Paleo, Vegan, and use Whole30 compliant ingredients. Finally, you can enjoy tacos again!

Heard anyone say that phrase. Ever. That's because store bought gluten-free tortillas are pretty horrible. They crack, crumble and fall apart, leaving whatever delicious fillings you had planned to eat inside a tortilla on your plate instead. I can usually say that I don't miss gluten. When I am faced with a cracked tortilla and sad pile of fillings on my plate, I do.

Almond

At least until I came up with this magical recipe! These almond flour tortillas are soft, pliable, and stay together even when stuffed full of greasy fillings. They also taste great, unlike store-bought gluten-free tortillas that tend to have a weird flavor. Since they're made mostly with almond flour, they're far more nutrient-dense and low-carb than their traditional counterparts. Did I mention that they can also be used as a wrap? As if I haven't provided enough reasons for you to love these, they're also easy to make, only require a few ingredients, and are friendly to special diets! Delicious, pliable tortillas that are easy to make, nutritious and gluten-free, grain-free, vegan, Paleo, Primal, low-carb and Whole30-friendly? Yes, please!

Is It Gluten Free Mission Original Almond Flour Tortilla Wraps

I was inspired by a couple of different recipes I found on Pinterest, but both were more labor intensive than I wanted. One called for finishing the tortillas in the oven and most others called for rolling a ball of dough out intoa tortilla shape before cooking on a griddle. Call me lazy, but I was looking for a recipe that was easier. Something about having to stop a dozen times to chase a 2 year old and 4 year old in the short time it took me to make these. Fortunately, these are about as easy as homemade tortillas get!

To make these grain free almond flour tortillas, you won't need to roll out a ball of dough. Instead, these are made by dropping batter onto a griddle and tipping the pan to spread it around. It's similar to making crepes! The result is tortillas that are mostly round but have a handmade look. Below is a short video that will help you visualize my description. You can spread them even thinner than I did in this video, they just might not end up as pretty. No worries, I promise these will get scarfed down anyways. My whole family loves them!

As always, here are some helpful tips to make these as easy and affordable as possible. I've included Amazon links to products below for your convenience. Some of them are affiliate links, which means that I may receive a small commission if you purchase a product through one of my links.

Blender Almond Flour Paleo Tortillas

These gluten free and grain free almond flour tortillas are pliable and delicious, easy to make, nutritious, Paleo and vegan. Finally, you can enjoy tacos again! Click To Tweet

These grain free almond flour tortillas are pliable and delicious! They're also easy to make, nutritious, Paleo, Vegan, and use Whole30 compliant ingredients. Finally, you can enjoy tacos again!

NOTE: If you know your griddle resists sticking, do not add oil since you want the batter to stick enough that you can spread it out by tipping the pan around (with oil the batter will just slide around). If you need oil to prevent sticking, ensure you don't overdo it by using oil in a sprayer, such as the Misto (as seen in the ad the end of this post).

Easy Homemade Gluten Free Tortilla Recipe

Disclosure: this post includes affiliate links for convenience. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.Thin soft shell paleo tortillas made in five minutes! No rolling out required. Make these soft gluten free tortillas by blending almond flour, tapioca flour, avocado oil, and coconut milk. Pour batter onto a skillet and out comes the most beautiful and tasty grain free tortillas, perfect for taco night or a breakfast burrito!Easy, versatile, fool proof, and delicious paleo flour tortillas!

, I made it when I was fifteen, too-special-to-share-recipe-secrets, that I’ve had stashed away for years (I have a whole book of those kinda recipes kept safe under my bed).

I made these tortillas for the first time during my first year of paleo; my sister and I were shocked at how tasty and easy it was to come up with a delicious grain free tortilla…

Gluten Free Tortilla Recipe

Last night I served these soft gluten free tortillas with taco fixings for the whole family, and even the wheat eaters loved them and said they couldn’t tell a difference!

My food processor never leaves arms length when I’m cooking, parchment paper is my best friend, and convection toaster ovens whip out the best crispy sweet potato fries in just minutes, so I’m a fan.

Almond

Basically, don’t be surprised in this recipe when I tell you to whip out the food processor or blender for these tortillas!

Easy Low Carb Homemade Almond Flour Tortillas Recipe

*You can prepare this tortillas batter by adding everything into a mason jar, cover it with a lid, and store in the fridge for up to one week.

If you cook them ahead of time, you can store in the fridge, freezer, or on the counter top in an airtight container.

Thin soft shell paleo tortillas made in five minutes! No rolling out required. Make these soft gluten free tortillas by blending almond flour, tapioca flour, avocado oil, and coconut milk. Pour batter onto a skillet and out comes the most beautiful and tasty grain free tortillas, perfect for taco night or a breakfast burrito! Easy, versatile, fool proof, and delicious paleo flour tortillas!

Almond Flour Tortillas (like Sieste)

*You can prepare this tortillas batter by adding everything into a mason jar, cover it with a lid, and store in the fridge for up to one week. Then when it’s taco time, pull out the jar, give it a shake or two, and pour onto the skillet.Easy to make 2-ingredient almond flour tortillas! Tender & flexible, they are vegan, oil-free, keto, Paleo, & only 2.7 grams net carbs each.

Equally obvious is my fondness for bread. As a native Californian, and a decade+ resident of Texas, my “bread” category will always include tortillas, so the more tortilla recipes, the better!

Blender

It explains, in part, why my 2-ingredient coconut flour tortillas are a staple in my kitchen. Made with coconut flour & whole psyllium husks, they are healthy, fluffy, delicious, and go with everything.

Cassava Flour Tortillas (grain Free)

But some of you (especially those of you with coconut allergies or sensitivities) have asked for an equally easy recipe that can be made sans coconut.

I am overjoyed to share these tortillas because, despite their similarity to the coconut flour tortilla recipe (2 basic ingredients, ease of preparation), they have a unique flavor and texture. They are denser and less fluffy than the coconut tortillas, but in a hearty, filling, satisfying way. They also have a mild, toasty flavor that I know you will love. In other words, an all-around win!

Making the tortillas is a breeze and requires zero previous experience. Nevertheless, if you happen to have worked with play dough at any point in your life, consider yourself highly prepared.

Mission Foods Almond Flour And Cauliflower Flour Tortillas

Almond flour and whole psyllium husks are the only two ingredients, besides tap water, needed to make the tortillas. Salt can be added (I like to add a small amount), but it is not required.

I used finely ground almond flour in my recipe testing. I have not made these with almond meal, so I cannot recommend it as a substitute. You are welcome to experiment (I would love to know if it works for you).

Almond

Whole psyllium husks–not psyllium powder–binds the tortillas and gives them their tender, flexible texture. Flaxseed meal and chia will not work in place of the psyllium.

Easy Keto Tortillas (made With Almond Flour)

I have not tried making the recipe with psyllium husk powder. I have given recommendations in the recipe notes for subbing psyllium powder for whole psyllium husks, but for best results, stick with whole husks. Note that psyllium powder can sometimes turn recipes purple-ish or brown-ish in color (due to the oxidation from griding the husks)

First, whisk the almond flour, psyllium husks, and (optional) salt in a small mixing bowl. If you store the almond flour in the refrigerator or freezer, it will likely have some clumps that need to be broken up. Use a wire whisk or a fork to do so.

Next, add the water, stirring until completely blended. Initially, the mixture will look wet and loose. In seconds, the psyllium will begin absorbing the water, thickening the dough. I recommend letting the dough stand for a full five minutes before proceeding.

The Best Gluten Free Almond Flour Tortillas!

Shape the moist, springy dough into a smooth ball. Working with this dough is a breeze because it is very forgiving. Do not worry about making mistakes, it is almost impossible to do so.

Place the dough ball onto a cutting board and cut into 5 equal pieces. You can also break it off into 5 equal pieces (whichever you find easier).

Almond

Roll each

Easy Almond Flour Tortilla Recipe (keto, Gluten Free, Grain Free)

Posting Komentar untuk "Gluten Free Tortilla Recipe Almond Flour"