Fish Recipes With Basil Leaves
It’s been a while since I have shared a fish recipe. Not that I haven’t made any fish dinners or lunches, but it is just that I haven’t documented it. But, here I am with another quick and easy recipe of pan fried chili basil fish. This delicious Oriental flavoured basa fish recipe is not only a great side dish, but also as an amazing appetizer. And it is going to take you under 30 minutes to cook this one. Firstly, boneless basa fillets don’t take too long to cook, and secondly there is very little of cutting chopping you will need to do for this one. Additionally, most recipes in the Oriental or even Indo-Chinese cuisines, are quick to make. Hence, this basa recipe works really well on a busy work day. When having it for our main meals, we love pairing steamed rice with the chili fish.
Not just lip smacking, but this combination feels pretty comforting, as well. Moreover, since the fish is pan fried and not deep fried, they aren’t too heavy on the tummy, too. Also, pan fried fish saves quite a few calories I’d say. Coming to the recipe itself, since this is my chili basil fish, I have used chilli flakes, dried chilis and even fresh chilis for the heat. Since, we love our food hot, I may have gone overboard with the chilis. However, feel free to alter the quantities and even the choice of chilis you’d like to add to your fish. But, don’t compromise on the basil leaves. The leaves are almost like another ingredient in this recipe and not just a garnish.

Besides this under 30 minute recipe being so tasty, another thing I love about it is that you can make it with minimal ingredients. Generally, most of us tend to have Chinese sauces in our kitchens along with onions and garlic. The only ingredient that you may not have always are the basil leaves. But they are something that is easily available in the stores. However, if you feel like having this, make sure to pick some basil leaves up along with your fish on your grocery run. This summer, fortunately for me, my homegrown basil leaves flourished so well that I have used them in a lot of recipes. I’ve made lemonades, pestos etc with them. Likewise, the basil you see in my pan fried chili basil fish are the homegrown ones, as well. 🙂
Thai Whole Fish Recipe With Coriander Chili Sauce
So, if you love fish and are also a fan of quick weeknight dinner recipes, then you should surely bookmark this, to try it out. And if you do, I’d be thrilled to know how much you enjoyed it. You can share your food pictures with me on Instagram and/or write to me in the comments section, below.
A quick, easy and yummy fish recipe with Oriental flavours, that works great as a side dish as well as an appetizeEasy, tender baked fish infused with garlic and basil. The secret to this juicy fish is in the quick fish marinade with a few spices, garlic, fresh basil, a little citrus and extra virgin olive oil. A few tips make all the difference, so be sure to read on.
We often forget that, just like chicken and meat, delicate foods like fish can benefit from a little time in a tasty marinade.
Easy Greek Oven Baked Fish (psari Plaki)
As long as you keep the acid low and the marinating time short, marinating a firm fish or a fish fillet like halibut or cod can do some good.
The marinade will infuse the fish with all sorts of mouthwatering flavors. It will also keep the fish juicy while protecting it from sticking or drying out during grilling or baking.
So if you're wondering, what's the best way to bake fish without drying it out? One way is to bake your fish in foil, which I know can be a controversial method. But another way is to simply marinate your fish!
Basil Steam Fish
I used halibut fillet (but another white fish of your choosing will work). The fillets sat in the fridge in a slightly lemony marinade with garlic, basil, and a few spices. I let it marinade in the fridge for only 30 minutes.

To bake, I added the fish and the marinade over a bed of colorful bell peppers and shallots and baked for about 15 minutes. Easy!
You'll notice that I kept the citrus portion low using juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons of citrus) to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Baked White Fish With Pine Nut, Parmesan, And Pesto Crust
Like I mentioned earlier, when it comes to marinating fish, it's important to keep the acid low and the marinating time short.I used juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons of citrus) to 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
As far as how long you should marinate your fish can depend a bit on the kind of fish and how firm it is. In general, it's safe to marinate a fish fillet like halibut or even a flaky fish like cod for 30 minutes or so refrigerated.

If you're marinating a fairly thick fish steak like a tuna fish steak or a swordfish steak, you may go for 1 to 2 hours of marinating.
Grilled Fish With Basil
Place the fish in a large zip-top bag and add spices, garlic, basil ribbons, olive oil and lemon juice. Seal shut. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Tip: Be sure to squeeze the air out of the zip-top bag before sealing. Place the bag flat on a plate and refrigerate. Turn the bag occasionally to keep the marinade distributed evenly.
Slice shallots and bell peppers into rounds and arrange them on the bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish. Add the fish on top. Pour all the marinade all over the fish. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the halibut is fully cooked and flakes easily (start checking at 10 minutes or so).

Salmon With Basil Sauce And Tomato Salad Recipe
To be sure your halibut (or fish fillet) is cooked, use an instant read thermometer to check at the thickest part of the fish. Internal temperature should register 145 degrees F and your fish should be opaque and should flake easily with a fork.
Serve baked fish immediately with your favorite grain or lemon rice and a side of Greek salad, white bean salad, or herbed zucchini.
Easy, tender baked fish infused with garlic and basil. The secret to this juicy fish is in the quick fish marinade with a few spices, garlic, fresh basil, a little citrus and extra virgin olive oil.
Baked Rockling With Tomato Basil & Lemon Salsa With Creamy Cashew Aioli
I'm Suzy; born and bred right on the shores of the Mediterranean. I'm all about easy, healthy recipes with big Mediterranean flavors. Three values guide my cooking: eat with the seasons; use whole foods; and above all, share! So happy you're here...

Posting Komentar untuk "Fish Recipes With Basil Leaves"