Drumsticks Recipes For Vegetables
A healthy and delicious side-dish, Muringakka Thoran or Drumstick Stir Fry is prepared by stir-frying drumstick pods with shallots and grated coconut.
Drumstick is a vegetable available in abundance in Kerala. We make dishes out of it various styles that one can't even think of. For the world, this nutritious vegetable is used only to be added as one of the main vegetables in Kerala Style Sambar. But for us, it is one essential element of our everyday side-dishes for lunch.

Many houses in Kerala boasts of having a drumstick tree in their yard with their tens of long, slender pods in branches. Drumsticks, their leaves, and flowers are a powerhouse of nutrients and are used for cooking. It is known to improve digestion, regulate blood sugar, good for the bones, and boosts immunity.
Baked Chicken Drumsticks With Veggies Chicken
There are various ways to stir fry drumsticks. I have shared a simple Kerala Style Drumstick Fry before where drumsticks are fried in spices and no other main ingredient like coconut is used.
In this recipe of stir fry, we use grated coconut as well. You can also add jackfruit seeds, but I wanted to keep it simple.
Wash and clean the drumstick pods. Using a knife, scrape the skin. You needn't peel off the entire thing because the hard skin does add texture to the dish. Cut into finger-length pieces and wash well. If you get thick pieces, you can slit them into two for cooking.

One Pan Chicken Drumsticks
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add chopped shallots or onions, curry leaves, and chopped green chilies and saute until tender. Add the drumstick pieces and season well. Add turmeric powder, Red chili powder, and coriander powder. Mix well and add a quarter cup of water. Cover and cook in low flame for about five minutes.
Coarsely grind (or Pulse in a mixi), grated coconut and cumin seeds. Add this to the drumstick, mix and cook until dry.

My theme for the A to Z Challenge this year is '26 Kerala Dishes that have my heart', where I would share a multitude of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes from the Spice Capital of the World- Kerala!
Crispy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Namaste! I'm Shalini, the blogger behind Something's Cooking(since 2014). I share only our best, family approved recipes with YOU because I've tried and tested every recipe published on this blog. You can find easy Keto, low-carb recipes, and authentic Indian recipes including South Indian (Kerala) foods. You can rest assured that Indian cooking will be made easy. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy you're here.
Namaste! I'm Shalini, the blogger behind Something's Cooking(since 2014). I share only our best, family approved recipes with YOU because I've tried and tested every recipe published on this blog. You can find easy Keto, low-carb recipes, and authentic Indian recipes including South Indian (Kerala) foods. You can rest assured that Indian cooking will be made easy. Thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy you're here.
Posting Komentar untuk "Drumsticks Recipes For Vegetables"