Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Cold Food Platter Recipes

Cold Food Platter Recipes

Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Click here for details.

What do you do on hot, summer days when you want something tasty but even turning on the grill is too much? You go to the store and get all the ingredients for a no-cook cold antipasto platter! All summer long we match cheeses and meats from the store with locally fresh fruits and vegetables for those nights when it’s too hot to cook. Add some bread (and wine) and you have dinner!

How

While this summer has been particularly cool and rainy (a weird change from last year’s long, hot drought!), we have had our fair share of hot and humid evenings when I haven’t even wanted to turn on the grill. Not so much because having the grill on outside is too hot, but more that the weather has sapped all my energy.

Different Types Of Cold Platters

On those nights I love to mix and match meats and cheeses from the supermarket with fruits and veggies I have on hand from my last trip to the farm stand, then add in a few easy to prepare items (if I have the energy), and call it dinner. It’s the sort of meal you can keep simple for two or scale up with more choices for a crowd.

Tomatoes! Once the first ripe, local tomatoes show up we can’t get enough of them, starting with the early cherry tomatoes and continuing to beefsteak and heirloom varieties. So I always slice up a few whenever I’m making antipasto. In fact, you could almost say my antipasto is my caprese salad plus extras, since I always start from tomatoes and either burrata or mozzarella.

Cheese!! For a simple antipasto I either get burrata or mozzarella and call it a day. If I want to make a bigger platter, I add in either one or two more cheeses, like ricotta stuffed into peppers, slices of fontina, maybe a soft herbed cheese, some parmesan curls, or whatever else catches my fancy. A fun thing is to see what sorts of local cheeses you have available, which can provide some new and interesting flavors.

Easy Party Platter Ideas For Crowds

Cured Meats. As with the cheese, I will do one for just the two of us, and two or three types for a larger group. For this antipasto platter I bought Genoa salami and capocollo. Other choices include: summer sausage, hard salami, prosciutto, mortadella, pepperoni, soppresata, and more! See what’s available where you are, and of course for a vegetarian platter go with the cheeses and beans while skipping the meats.

Fruit. What fruit I use depends on what is in season and what I have in the house. There is always some fruit, but it can range from berries, to wedges of melon, to sliced peaches, to tiny plums like I have in the pictures.

Bread/Crackers. I prefer a crusty bread sliced up alongside the platter, but I’ll go with either depending on what I have in the house or whether I went to the store.

Keto New Year's Sharing Platter

Extras! This the fun part where you can add whatever bits you like. Things like arugula tossed with a simple vinaigrette, marinated olives, marinated beans, pickled onions, stuffed peppers, various spreads or dips that you find in your local market, leftover pasta salad, things I’m not thinking of but which immediately come to mind for you.

Wine. I consider a nice glass of red to be a great way to round out the meal for the adults in the family. I tend to pick a fruity red, like a Zin, but whatever wine you love will be wonderful with the meal. If you go with a white, I find a sparkling wine is nice on a hot day.

There you have it! My favorite no-cook cold antipasto. All set out on a platter for everyone to pick and choose and take what they want.

Easy Smoked Salmon Platter

Though I should mention, in the interest of full disclosure, I did bake that bread. 🙂 I’ve been working a no-knead focaccia and it seemed the perfect time to make a batch. Happily I didn’t actually die from the heat of the oven that day, but I came close since it was the perfect day to make cold antipasto. Hot, humid, and sticky.

No cooking required! I love this easy Italian cold antipasto platter for summer's evenings when I want something simple for dinner. Great for two and can scale up for a crowd.

How

Is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.This is a fun and easy tapas platter to put together for your next holiday party or a last minute cocktail party.

The Ultimate Mediterranean Mezze Platter (how To Video)

We keep things simple with meats and cheeses and add a special touch with olives and sardines in extra virgin olive oil. Then we add some extras like: crusty bread, redskin Spanish peanuts, green grapes and fig jam.

If you want more wonderful tapas recipes for your party, try these camarones al ajillo (garlic shrimp). They’re a classic Spanish appetizer that’s quick and easy to make.

Tapas are small appetizers or snacks popular in Spanish cuisine. They usually consist of savory items like meat, cheese, bread, assorted seafood like shrimp, squid, mussels, etc. They can be hot or cold dishes.

Cold Cut Platter Garnished With Salad …

Some of the ingredients for tapas are a little pricey, especially the meats and cheese. For this platter we include traditional Spanish snacks but weave in a few lower priced items (like tavern smoked ham, cheddar cheese and salami). That way we create our Spanish-inspired theme and still keep it affordable.

You may also enjoy this artichoke salad, a simple salmon dip, and this fresh dill dip. They are cold appetizers that can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until party time.

Mezze

This is a fun and easy tapas platter to put together for your next holiday party, or for a last minute cocktail party.

Grazing Platter Recipe

Calories: 685 kcal | Carbohydrates: 59 g | Protein: 33 g | Fat: 37 g | Saturated Fat: 13 g | Cholesterol: 81 mg | Sodium: 1560 mg | Potassium: 482 mg | Fiber: 4 g | Sugar: 21 g | Vitamin A: 326 IU | Vitamin C: 4 mg | Calcium: 364 mg | Iron: 4 mg

The nutritional information above is computer generated and is only an estimate. There is no guarantee that it is accurate.This data is provided as a courtesy for informational purposes only.Learn how to make a healthy meat and cheese platter and surprise your guests and family this holiday season. I’ve also included meat and cheese platter ideas and other accompaniments so you’re sure to create something you love. Bonus – learn how to arrange a meat and cheese tray and everything you need to know about Port wine.  This post is sponsored by Llano Estacado Winery.

You know what’s the easiest way to make appetizers for a holiday party or family gathering? Putting together a meat and cheese platter. Seriously, it doesn’t get easier than this.

Holiday Seafood Platters

A great go-to meat and cheese tray is my favorite go-to party trick. I can put it together in just a few minutes. No stress involved whatsoever. Yet, the meat and cheese board always looks so fancy and appetizing.  It even impresses me right after I make it — despite knowing how easy it is!

Technically, all you need to make a meat and cheese board are cheese and meat. However, if you want to transform the simple appetizer into a delicious, gourmet experience that’s also nutritionally beneficial, you can load your platter with other accompaniments such as fresh fruits, nuts, spreads or dips, and, why not, a good Port wine, too?! It’s the holidays, after all!

Simple

If you’ve never put together a meat and cheese platter, you might be a little intimidated. But not to worry, I’m here to explain everything you need to know about how to make a meat and cheese platter and what to put on a meat and cheese tray. So, this season, surprise your guests with an elegant platter with amazing flavors. Make sure you have some bottle of port wine too. Because we all know cheese and wine are a match made in heaven.

Cold Dish Platter For Chinese New Year (9 Ingredients, 30 Minutes)

You might be tempted to put meat and cheese on a platter, throw some crackers or bread in the mix and call it a day. After all, it’s meat and cheese, it shouldn’t be complicated, right? And it isn’t. However, if you want to create a beautiful and tasty meat and cheese tray with flavors that complement each other, you have to do a little more than that. Not too much though!

Let’s start with the meat and learn how to make a charcuterie board. Usually, charcuterie boards include some type of cured meats such as:

What type of cheese should you choose from your meat and cheese platter? Well, you can choose pretty much any type of cheese you like as long as you remember to consider 2

Pro/chef] A Delectable Charcuterie Platter Featuring Artisanal Cured Meats, Fine Cheeses, And Gourmet Accompaniments

Posting Komentar untuk "Cold Food Platter Recipes"