Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Chicken Quesadilla Recipes With Black Beans

Chicken Quesadilla Recipes With Black Beans

In fact, when he was smaller he would order the same cheesy quesadilla every time we went to our favorite Mexican place.

He now orders a half order of fajitas or carnitas, with a side salad. However, the humble quesadilla still holds a place as one of his favorites so I like to make them at home for him often.

Healthy

The pastry comes in the form of flour or corn tortilla and it is filled with lots of melty cheese, yum! Of course, there are other varieties and options that you can order or make at home.

Chicken And Black Bean Quesadilla

We love to fill them with anything from chicken to shrimp, and lots of veggies and spices. It is a great way to get the little kiddos to eat protein and veggies, even the pickiest of eaters can’t resist something covered in cheese and fried to a golden brown.

These Chicken and Black Quesadillas are the second recipe in my THM Kids series. This is a fun new series we’re working on with the assistance of my son, Nate.

He’s been helping me work on recipes that we can make healthier for kids like himself. I love cooking with him in the kitchen! Be sure to check out our first recipe Taco Mac and Cheese!

Sheet Pan Black Bean Quesadillas

Despite all choices of fillings, all quesadillas start out the same way when it comes to cooking them. You’ll need a large skillet or large grill pans if you prefer. Both would work well for these Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas.

This option will depend solely on what your family likes or what veggies you are trying to introduce to your kids but for this recipe, the ingredients are super simple.

Be sure to check out all the possibilities for fillings in a later section of this recipe post. But don’t let these limit your options!

Chicken, Black Beans And Corn Quesadillas * Zesty Olive

Once you’ve chosen your fillings, you’ll just prepare them and set them aside. I like to have each one in individual bowls set up like a station or easy access when I begin cooking.

The next step is getting your pans ready for the cooking process by greasing it. There are a couple of options for this step. Depending on what I am going for I will use either real butter melted in the skillet for a higher fat, and added flavor!

Or sometimes I use a coconut cooking spray if I am trying to keep the fats lower. Either way works great and will produce a tasty product.

Black Bean Spinach Baked Quesadillas

Heat the skillet over medium heat and add in the butter or cooking spray. Simply lay the tortilla in the pan and add some cheese on one side. Then add in some of the shredded chicken, and some black beans.

I like to top it with a little more cheese before folding the top half over. This extra cheese will help the whole quesadilla still together better. Plus, it’s always better with more cheese!

After folding the top over the fillings press it down using a spatula so that the cheese sticks to the tortilla as it melts. Then carefully flip the quesadilla, making sure to brown it lightly on both sides. This takes about 2- to 3 minutes per side.

Black Bean Quesadilla

I like to use just one tortilla and fold it over a lot of filling since the main nutrition comes from all the protein and veggies inside, but if you want to make larger ones then you can use two low carb tortillas, spreading the cheese and other fillings over the whole bottom layer, then topping it with another one.

If you choose to use corn tortillas, then I would use two of them and just follow the steps with one as the top and one at the bottom. The corn tortillas don’t always fold as easily as the flour in my experience, so using two corn tortillas will work better.

Remember that using the corn tortillas will add more carbs, for our kids that’s fine, but if we are cooking for ourselves I would recommend not using corn.

Chicken

Black Bean Quesadillas » Leelalicious

Now that we’ve gone through the basics of these Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas, I thought I’d offer some filling options just in case black beans are not something your family enjoys.

Since our focus with these recipes is to find foods that our kids enjoy with a healthier spin it is important to start slowly by adding things into their diets if they are picky.

So here are a few options my son and I think would work well when added to quesadillas for kids! Feel free to mix and match to find some healthy options.

One Pan Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe

I love quesadillas as much as my son, but I try to take in fewer carbs than I feed him, so in order to keep these lower in carbs and higher in healthy fats I change up my filling a little bit.

Simply begin with a low-carb wrap or tortilla of choice, even the THM Wonder Wraps work nicely, but I don’t advise using corn tortillas for the low-carb option.

Next, choose your favorite fillings and enjoy. I love adding things like jalapeno peppers and chorizo to mine! These are very filling so one quesadilla and a yummy salad make a great meal.

Chicken Black Bean Quesadillas

If you follow the THM diet then for an S setting you can enjoy these yummy quesadillas too. We can have up to 1/4 cup of black beans in a meal. Trim Healthy Mama calls this an “S Helper”.

I recommend only a couple of tablespoons versus the whole 1/4 cup because you will also have the carbs from the tortilla so be careful not to overload your meal with too many carbs.

Hearty

Remember this one can of beans is divided among many quesadillas, so you can add as many or as little as you want to each one to meet your dietary needs.

Chicken Quesadilla With Corn And Black Beans

These Chicken and Black Bean Quesadillas also make a great freezer lunch to have ready for those busy times when you need a quick fix for those littles or even for yourself.

I love having these stocked in the freezer so my husband can grab them and feed my son while I am stuck in the office working.

When it comes to freezing these, there are a couple of ways you could prepare the quesadillas. The simplest of the two is placing the low-carb tortillas on a piece of foil, or wax paper if you prefer, then layer the fillings before folding the other half over the fillings.

Black Bean Quesadillas Recipe Recipe

The second option and the one I prefer when I have time is to follow the directions in the recipe card below to cook all of the quesadillas, then let them cool completely before wrapping them and freezing them.

No matter which freezer option you choose to use, to prepare them from frozen simply take them out of the freezer and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.

They are so delicious when reheated this way. Of course, if you need the quickest way you can opt to remove the quesadillas from their wrappers and microwave them.

Chicken Quesadilla Recipe (with Black Beans & Acorn Squash)

A low carb tortilla filled with shredded chicken, black beans, and lots of melty cheese. An easy meal and great for a freezer meal option for grab and heat lunches.

Black

I am not a nutritionist. If you have strict dietary needs I always recommend using an online nutrition calculator to calculate your totals using your exact brands you're using in this recipe as values may vary per brand.

I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!I feel uncomfortable around old people for mostly the same reasons that I panic around small children. I never know what to talk about, and I’m always afraid I’m going to hug them too hard.

Black Bean And Corn Quesadillas — Salt & Baker

I also get nervous and flustered when they ask about my job, and I usually end up explaining blogging like my mom does: “I write an online diary about food. There are pictures!” FML.

So, you can imagine my unease when Logan asked if I would go visit his step-grandmother, Dede, with him in Pennsylvania this past weekend. She is 89. That’s WAY outside my age comfort zone.

But because I’m an excellent girlfriend, and I’m painfully aware that I need to work on my senior-interaction skills, I agreed to accompany him on this adventure.

Black Bean & Butternut Squash Quesadillas

The car ride to Doylestown was an anxious and sweaty one, despite Logan’s constant assurances that Dede is “the sweetest, ” and that I would be “obsessed with her.” I remained skeptical, as that is precisely the same argument that he uses when trying to convince me to get a dog…

However, Logan turned out to be right. Upon meeting Dede, I felt instantly at ease. She was wearing a very fetching bright blue ensemble, and she exuded all kinds of warm, fabulous energy. She also

Posting Komentar untuk "Chicken Quesadilla Recipes With Black Beans"