Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Caramel Tart Base Recipes

Caramel Tart Base Recipes

If you love salted caramel and chocolate, this Salted Caramel Tart is your dream come true! The creamy caramel filling is made with condensed milk, a secret trick for making perfect soft-set caramel without using a candy thermometer. With a biscuit crust and luxurious chocolate ganache topping, it’s hard to believe you only need 6 ingredients to make this!

This is probably the mostindulgent dessert I know how to make.It’s sinfully decadent. The caramel filling is truly incredible – it’s smooth, creamy, thick and so soft.

Easy

It’s made using a caramel base of butter plus sugar (for the caramel flavour) which is then combined with condensed milk. Once baked, it sets, almost like a soft custard.It’s different to the traditional method of making caramel fillings which require the caramel to come to a specific temperature at which point it will set to be a soft creamy caramel, rather than runny or hard. i.e. Candy thermometer required.

Caramel Tart Recipe

I have it in my head that this is the Australian way of making a creamy caramel. I’d love to know if anyone knows otherwise. I feel like it’s an undiscovered secret because I never seem to see caramel tarts/pies/bars/slices etc made using condensed milk.

This tart is made with a simple biscuit crust. That caramel was made for using as a glue to suction up all the loose crumbs when you inhale your slice!

This is how I press the crumbs into the tart tin – using something flat and round with straight walls. I’m using a measuring cup here. Use it to press the crumbs into the wall and a knife or your finger to level out the top of the crust, andto level out the base of the tart.

Peach Caramel Tart

As for the topping – what else could it be other than a chocolate ganache? 🙂 This ganache has a slightly different chocolate to cream ratio than traditional ganache recipes (which are usually 1:1) so the chocolate issoft but cuttable without smearing so you get nice neat tart slices.

Many readers have jokingly noted how my very recognisable hands have been absent in videos recently. Shooting videos by yourself is seriously hard workwhen you have a simple home set up like I do. I’ve been thinking about getting a studio, setting things up “properly”. A permanent video shoot area with studio lights, a kitchen, getting a permanent support team and making my life a little – ALOT – easier.

But for me, one of the things I love about my blog is how personal it is. Everything that you see is made in my pokey kitchen, the recipes are my own, created by me, tested by me, taste tested by family and friends. The larger a team gets, the less personal this website will become. Does anyone here seriously think that Martha Stewart creates every recipe that ends up on her website, her magazines, cookbooks and TV shows?

Salted Caramel And Chocolate Tart Recipe

Ienjoy making my own videos, shooting them, editing them. In a bid to make my life slightly easier, I get my mother or a helper to come in once a week to help with food prep, double/triple/quadruple test recipes, and most importantly in my world, help with the washing up.

And because everybody has nicer hands than me, I can never resist calling on my help to be my video hand model. 😂Plus the incredible convenience of not having to wipe my hands and dash around to check the camera with every single micro step in every video! For a recipe like this, if I shot it myself, I would have to do that about 40 times – at least.

I’ll be honest. I’m a bit tarted out. I’m really trying to drum up the enthusiasm for what is possibly the most raved about dessert

Caramel Apple Tart

My friends are not. I definitely did not run out of willing taste testers to even take the ones I wasn’t 100% happy with. 🙂

This is made using the Australian way of making creamy caramel using condensed milk. While most recipes use golden syrup to get the caramel flavour, I find it works better to use a simple caramel – better flavour and the caramel is creamier. You don’t need a candy thermometer, and the caramel sets perfectly so it is beautifully soft and doesn’t run everywhere when you cut it. The topping is a chocolate ganache that is soft and melds into the caramel with every bite. This is decadent and luxurious, yet straight forward to make. Great show off dessert!!! Recipe VIDEO below.

Salted

1. It's best to go by weight. Using Arnott's Marie crackers and Arrowroot (popular plain sweet biscuits in Australia), it will be about 2 cups (packed). If using Graham Crackers, it will be closer to 2.5 cups.

Simple Caramel Tart

Another biscuit that is terrific to use for a biscuit crust is Digestives which is very popular in the UK/Europe and also quite popular here in Australia. If you use Digestives, reduce the butter to 75g because they are more buttery than Marie Crackers and Graham Crackers.

Other biscuits: Basically any plain biscuit works great like Arnott's Arrowroot works great, and even flavoured ones like Gingernut. You need about 2 cups (packed) once crushed, so if you use a different type of biscuit than those listed above, just check the quantity by measuring the crumbs in a cup measure.

2. STORAGE - This tart keeps SO WELL!It will keep in an airtight container for a week and still taste like it was made yesterday albeit the crust on the edge does soften a bit, but most people wouldn't even notice (I don't think). If it's super hot where you are i.e. the chocolate becomes melty, keep it in the fridge but always bring to room temperature before serving otherwise the caramel won't be creamy. It also freezes great - again, bring to room temp before serving. I've only frozen it for a couple of weeks but see no reason why it wouldn't keep for several months.

Caramel Tart [video Recipe]

3. This is a VERY rich tart. Ifind that when cut into 12 (so quarters, then each quarter into 3), a slice is too much for me. So I have said that this serves 14 to 16. The nutrition is for 14 servings.

I believe you can make great food with everyday ingredients even if you’re short on time and cost conscious. You just need to cook clever and get creative!Dulce de Leche Caramel Tarts. So simple, so easy. Only 5 common ingredients and a very easy method is all it takes to make these rich, buttery, utterly irresistible mini tarts.

Dulce

Recently on Rock Recipes, we have posted two new versatile recipe ideas. We’ve shown how to easily make a thick dulce de leche caramel, for use in plenty of ways from ice cream sundaes to filling a cake.

Individual Chocolate Caramel Tarts

We also just posted a recipe and detailed instructions for making Sweet Shortcrust Pastry. That pastry is so versatile and can be used in pies, turnovers, or in perfect little tarts like these.

It’s also a very easy and forgiving pastry dough that works beautifully in these mini tarts. The rich caramel and buttery pastry are a marriage made in heaven.

For search purposes, and to centralize both recipes into one recipe idea, I have posted this caramel tarts recipe for easy use.

Fig And Caramel Nut Tart Recipe

This was actually how I first tasted that rich caramel made from sweetened condensed milk many years ago. It was while visiting friends in the Bonavista North area of the province.

It seemed every gathering I went to there, where food was being served, had these little mini tarts or even a full pie sized tart to cut in slices. I fell immediately in love.

Salted

First, anything in pastry is an instant attraction for me. That, coupled with that incredible filling and well, …I really can’t be trusted not to eat far too many of them.

Salted Caramel Tart (vegan!)

My will power is above average for most sweets, probably because they are pretty common in this house. I can have a single serving and move on or even just a few bites to sample on many occasions.

These photo demonstrate the difference in the two types of pastry. You can always use any favourite pastry to make these indulgent little tarts.

It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram .

Chocolate Caramel Tart Recipe

You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes. You’ll also get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!

Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.

-

The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with

Caramel Custard Tart — Pinch Of Salt

Posting Komentar untuk "Caramel Tart Base Recipes"