Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Caramel Cake Mix Recipe

Caramel Cake Mix Recipe

My two favorite cakes are red velvet and caramel. When I’m faced with a choice, I just can’t choose one over the other so I have a small slice of each. Life is too short to pass on my favorite cakes. Thankfully, this caramel cake recipe is easy to make.

When my family gathers for our annual reunion, I can always count on my aunt Jean’s Red Velvet cake. It’s the star of the dessert table. My mom’s cousin always brings a homemade from-scratch caramel cake. It’s also divine.

Southern

I keep saying I’m going to get that caramel cake recipe but haven’t succeeded yet. She said she would mail it to me. As soon as I receive it, I’m going to share it.

Southern Caramel Sheet Cake

Until then, I have my own easy caramel cake recipe. I’ll admit. I cheated. I’m using a cake mix for this one. I can also hear my southern ancestors turning over in their grave. They don’t use cake mixes. Oh, well.

There’s nothing wrong with getting a little help from a cake mix. I just gussy it up a little (that’s southern speak for dressing it up). Whenever I use the words

I learned a long time ago that I could “gussy up” a cake mix by adding a teaspoon of vanilla. I also add extra eggs and sour cream.

Caramel Apple Cake

In a large bowl, mix the cake mix, sour cream, vegetable oil, sugar, water, eggs, and vanilla on low until blended. Turn the mixer to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes. Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch cake pans. Bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes.

Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.

When I was younger, I was intimidated by the very thought of making caramel frosting. I soon found out that it’s not hard at all. There are just a few steps that must be followed exactly in order for the frosting to get to the correct spreading consistency.

Carr's Sumptuous Salted Caramel Cake Mix

Meanwhile, brown 1/2 cup sugar in a small, heavy skillet. (I use a non-stick skillet and actually stir the sugar while I’m stirring the milk/sugar/butter mixture.)

Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts and the syrup is light, golden brown. This takes about 3 minutes and it may have a few clumps. That’s fine.

Add the sugar to the milk mixture, stirring constantly. When the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (230º on a candy thermometer), remove from the heat.

Chocolate Caramel Cake (cake Mix)

Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture reaches spreading consistency. This may take 10-12 minutes. It might look like it’s not going to thicken up enough to spread on the cake. It will. Just keep on beating.

Combine 2-1/2 cups sugar, evaporated milk, and butter in a large, heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.

Caramel

Meanwhile, brown 1/2 cup sugar in a small, heavy skillet. I use a non-stick skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts and the syrup is light, golden brown, about 3 minutes.

Apple Caramel Cake Mix Cookies

Add the sugar to the milk mixture, stirring constantly. When the mixture reaches the soft ball stage (230º on a candy thermometer), remove from the heat. Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture reaches spreading consistency (up to 10-12 minutes).

A cake with a high sugar content cooked icing, like this caramel cake, can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days.Easy caramel cake recipe using a box mix with a fluffy layer of homemade cream cheese frosting topped with a from-scratch caramel icing. This old fashioned cake recipe is super simple to make for a crowd using a 9×13 pan.

Who doesn’t like a caramel cake recipe that’s super easy to make? I stumbled onto this recipe and thought to myself – this is so easy! Made with a box mix like Lemon Lime Jello Poke Cake but topped with a homemade cream cheese icing and then made from scratch caramel, this recipe is quick to pull together because it’s semi-homemade.

Mary Berry Salted Caramel Cake

My grandma called it caramel dessert cake and it is simply that. She made it for church dinners. How do I know that? On the back of the recipe card, she wrote when she served it. I guess if it’s good enough for a church potluck you know it’s good enough for any event you need to bring a dessert to.

Make the cake via box mix instructions and let cool. I chose the butter pecan cake mix but next time I think I’ll go with the caramel cake mix. Either way would be delicious.

Classic

The second layer is a homemade cream cheese frosting combining cool whip, cream cheese, and brown sugar. Spread over the cooled cake.

Caramel Apple Cake Mix Bars

The third and final layer is a homemade caramel sauce created with butter, sour cream and brown sugar. Bring the ingredients to a low boil stirring constantly and drizzle over the top of the cake.

My grandma mentioned that this cake was delicious and she was right! I placed the leftovers in the refrigerator and I liked this cake chilled as well as at room temperature. Either way, you make this, caramel cake is a real crowd-pleaser. Enjoy!

Easy caramel cake recipe using a box mix cake layered with a homemade cream cheese frosting and topped with a from scratch caramel sauce.

Chocolate Caramel Cake Mix Cookies

Serving: 1 slice | Calories: 307 kcal | Carbohydrates: 46 g | Protein: 4 g | Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0.3 g | Cholesterol: 12 mg | Sodium: 324 mg | Potassium: 99 mg | Fiber: 0.3 g | Sugar: 34 g | Vitamin A: 135 IU | Vitamin C: 0.1 mg | Calcium: 138 mg | Iron: 1 mgOld Fashioned Southern Caramel Cake. I love it the taste of this cake. It’s a holiday favorite in many southern and soul food households. It’s a fluffy moist yellow cake covered in a rich caramel frosting. What’s not to love? I’ll tell you— MAKING IT! 😐

I love this cake, but honestly it is a pain in the butt to make. The actual cake part is easy, because I use a cake mix and hype it up with a few ingredients. The frosting, on the other hand is quite challenging, and that’s why I only make this 1 time a year. Seriously, if you plan on making this by hand ( no hand mixer or stand mixer), bless your little heart. You will be in the kitchen ALL day, making the frosting. I seriously recommend using a mixer of some sort.

Best

The outcome of this cake is simply amazing…. so the hard work does pay off. If you’re planning on making this for the upcoming holidays, I suggest practicing now.  So here is the recipe, and video.

Real Deal Southern Caramel Cake Recipe

This cake is a labor of love... but well worth it! A moist yellow cake iced in a sweet (homemade!) caramel frosting is an indulgenttreat you'll love.

If you loved this recipe, leave me a review below. This helps future recipe makers and ensures continued high-quality recipes for years to come!

I’m a Soul Food blogger living in the Pacific Northwest, bringing Southern cooking to gorgeous Seattle, Washington. I was born and raised in the PNW, but my family roots go all the way to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, where my grandparents were born and raised. I live every day to bring the traditional values, recipes, and love of food to life for my family—whether they’re online or in real life. So, welcome to the party, family!

Delta Caramel Cake

Posting Komentar untuk "Caramel Cake Mix Recipe"