Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Palak Paneer Low Fat Recipe

Palak Paneer Low Fat Recipe

Palak paneer is a popular North Indian dish of Indian-style cottage cheese mixed with a creamy spinach sauce that is infused with spices. Here is a 45-minute palak paneer recipe that you can make for weeknights. Serve the dish with a side of basmati rice or coconut rice! 

Palak paneer is one of my favorite vegetarian dishes to order in Indian restaurants. The star of the dish is the creamy sauce, which is made of chopped or pureed spinach cooked in a medley of spices. Complementing the sauce are pieces of paneer, or Indian cottage cheese. It is a simple but absolutely irresistible dish that will satisfy all the taste buds.

-

This flavorful dish is easy to make at home. My palak paneer recipe uses ingredients that are relatively easy to find and takes about 45 minutes to cook. Honestly, I couldn’t stop eating this when I was testing the recipe. Also, this dish makes great leftovers. The spinach sauce tastes even better the next day!

Saag Tofu (vegan Saag Paneer)

Keep an eye on the paneer when you are pan frying it. Often times, I walk away from the stove to clean up the kitchen and I end up over frying the paneer. When you are frying the paneer, aim for the light golden color that you see in the photo above.

For a long time, I thought that saag paneer and palak paneer were the same dish. Part of my confusion came from various Indian restaurant menus I’ve seen over the years. In some restaurants, I’ve seen the spinach and paneer dish described as “palak paneer.” At other restaurants, that same dish is called “saag paneer.” That’s why I assumed that “palak” and “saag” were different ways of saying spinach in Hindi.

After some research, I learned that “palak” is Hindi for spinach, while “saag” means leafy greens (mustard greens, collard greens, fenugreek, spinach, etc.). Technically speaking, saag paneer refers to a paneer dish that is served with a sauce of mixed greens. Because this recipe uses spinach only, I am calling it palak paneer.

Palak Paneer Stir Fry

Palak paneer is great when served with a side of basmati rice. Some palak paneer recipes use whole yogurt in place of heavy cream for the sauce. I prefer using heavy cream because the sauce is runnier and the flavor is less tangy. However, feel free to use whichever ingredient you prefer.

Serving: 1 serving | Calories: 395 kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.1 g | Protein: 13.9 g | Fat: 34.2 g | Saturated Fat: 4.8 g | Cholesterol: 17 mg | Sodium: 1066 mg | Fiber: 3.3 g | Sugar: 4.2 g

Here, you’ll find well-tested Asian recipes, pantry guides, and recipes from my sassy mother, Mama Lin. Through my recipes and cooking videos, I hope to honor the food and traditions that surrounded my Chinese American upbringing.Fancy a super quick and easy vegetarian curry? This delicious Palak Paneer is a wonderful combination of flavours and convenience – ready in about 35 minutes for a speedy midweek dinner or as part of a bigger Indian-style banquet.

Saag Paneer Recipe

This Palak Paneer is made with Indian cheese, frozen spinach and a handful of store cupboard ingredients, so is easy to throw together, budget-friendly and healthy too. I hope you love it!

By now I think most of us have our favourite curries on a meal plan loop, thanks to the simplicity, variety, flavour and affordability they offer. Only a few ingredients go a very long way and make something special every time.

For this recipe, paneer has a nice long shelf-life too, so it’s good to keep in for when the moment arises.

Palak Paneer Spinach With Indian Cottage Cheese

And paneer, a type of Indian cottage cheese, which is mild, solid and doesn’t melt – a little like halloumi but with a slightly softer texture.

This is my take on this Indian spinach dish, which is simplified for speed and convenience. For example, a very authentic Spinach Paneer would involve puréeing the spinach, but as we’re using frozen spinach

Easy

If you want to cook up a homemade curry night, you could also rustle up one of these curries alongside the Palak Paneer:

Homemade Healthy Palak Paneer Recipe

Freeze this recipe but be aware that it might not be at its best because the spinach has already been thawed. Fresh is always best with delicate ingredients but I certainly wouldn’t waste it if there’s some spare.

They are interchangeable in the UK, so often they are the same dish. However, the traditional Saag Paneer recipe contains other leafy green vegetables as well as spinach.

Let me know how you got on and what you thought of these recipes. Please rate the recipe using the ⭐️ below.

Vegan Saag Paneer Recipe (palak Tofu)

Also I’d LOVE to see your cooking creations. If you’d like to share yours with me, you can tag me on Instagram (@).

Onions, garlic, ginger and chilli: You can use ‘cheat’ versions of all of these to save time if you like. Or use fresh if you prefer.

-

Calories: 311 kcal Carbohydrates: 23 g Protein: 17 g Fat: 19 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g Trans Fat: 0.01 g Cholesterol: 36 mg Sodium: 759 mg Potassium: 767 mg Fiber: 9 g Sugar: 7 g Vitamin A: 18129 IU Vitamin C: 35 mg Calcium: 496 mg Iron: 4 mg

Palak Paneer (indian Fresh Spinach With Paneer Cheese) Recipe

Featuring 100 delicious recipes that can be cooked in one pot, you can open any page in this book and find something that will give you not only a meal that the whole family will eat and enjoy, but also one that makes your life a little simpler in the process.

Hi, I'm Sarah. I help busy people decide 'What's for Dinner?' Find hundreds of recipes here, and also in my bestselling recipe book. Hope my recipes make your life easier ❤️Today’s recipe is a favorite of mine for a couple of reasons – I love spinach and green is my favorite color 😀 Growing up, if there was one green leafy vegetable I ate heartily, it was Palak (spinach). In Chennai, Palak has never been available throughout the year. It was highly seasonal and hence, very much loved. My amma makes Andhra style Palakura Pappu, a comfort food – a recipe coming up soon.

Not until I started taking a lot more interest in cooking, did we make Palak Paneer at home. Like Palak, Paneer – cottage cheese was not widely available either. I still remember the first time I prepared cottage cheese at home. I couldn’t believe how little cheese turned up from almost a litre of milk. We preserved it and used it in different forms – one of which was Palak Paneer.

Vegan Palak Paneer With Tofu

This might not be the traditional recipe of Palak Paneer, but a version we love at home. It is as low calorie as it can get, as I usually don’t add cream to my Palak Paneer gravy. And yet, it turns out creamy. I guess that’s the magic of Palak puree. To add to the texture, instead of pureeing onion & tomatoes I diced them up finely. Another trick to getting the perfectly green colored Palak Paneer is to blanch the spinach leaves and not to overcook them. I have kept the spices to a minimum in this recipe – red chilli powder, turmeric and a pinch of garam masala. And before I forget, this is a Low Calorie Palak Paneer recipe. This goes really well with hot pulkas/rotis.

1. Thoroughly wash the spinach leaves a few times. Bring water to a boil in a pot and switch off the flame. Put the spinach leaves and keep the pot covered for 5mins. Remove the spinach leaves and put them in ice cold water for another 5mins. This would help retain the green color.

Palak

2. In a mixer jar, add the blanched spinach leaves, chopped green chillies, garlic pods and ginger. Blend until smooth. Set aside.

Restaurant Style Palak Paneer

3. In a pan, heat oil. Add jeera/cumin seeds and bay leaf. As cumin seeds pop, add finely chopped onion and fry until translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 2 mins.

4. Add finely chopped tomato and cook until mushy. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and fry until the raw smell goes, for a minute. Add pureed spinach and salt required.

5. On a low flame, cook the spinach paste for 6-7 mins covered. The puree can splutter, so always keep it covered. When the spinach puree thickens, add garam masala powder and asafoetida. Add cubed cottage cheese/paneer. Cook for another couple of minutes. Remove from heat.

Whole Wheat Palak Paneer Khakhra 250 Gm

If you wish to get regular updates on my recipes, do follow me on Facebook @ Cooking From My Heart. You can also reach to me at [email protected]  for any suggestions or queries 🙂

Taking this to the party at Fiesta Friday #124. Co-hosted by Lindy @ Love in the Kitchen and Liz @ spades, spatulas & spoons.

Palak

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're okay with this, but you can opt-out if you wish.Accept Read More

Palak Paneer (spinach And Cottage Cheese Veg)

This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the

Posting Komentar untuk "Palak Paneer Low Fat Recipe"