Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Kerala Recipes Kozhukattai

Kerala Recipes Kozhukattai

The foods made for annual holidays, like this Kozhukatta recipe, are my favorite. It’s because every year I feel like I learn something new and grow with the process of making it. In my first year of making kozhukatta, I couldn’t get the dough right or the filling would be too watery or the dumpling crack open while steaming. In keeping up with the tradition, I learned little tricks and tips to make these recipes better and even started added my own flair to make it feel like more of my own. I find this to be the beauty of the process.

Making Kozhukatta on Palm Sunday is something I absolutely loved growing up. To be honest, it was mostly so I could eat them one after the other, as mom placed them on a plate fresh off the steamer. As I got older, I started to realize the hands that would usually make my favorite things would not always be there to create my delicious memories. It’s my hardest reality to accept, but it’s the fuel that keeps me yearning to make these old recipes. My mom said it best, “Cooking these old recipes is like a family get together.” So as long as I have this kozhukatta recipe, I will always feel like we are together.

My favorite thing about making Kozhukatta is the filling. It’s a glorious combination of melted jaggery, grated coconut, and a few spices. The common spices used are  freshly ground green cardamom and cumin seeds. But, personally, I like the addition of ground ginger. Additionally, I think ceylon cinnamom and ground cloves would also be lovely inside!

Pidi Kozhukattai Kara Kolukattai Recipe Ganesh Chaturthi Special 2014

As always, if you have any questions when making this recipe reach out to me @ on instagram. I’d LOVE to see how it turns out for you and answer any questions you might have. Tag me if you make it!

Kozhukatta is a steamed rice dumpling that's filled with melted jaggery and grated coconut. It's a special treat that Keralite Christians make for Palm Sunday weekend.

As always, if you have any questions when making this recipe reach out to me @ on instagram. I’d LOVE to see how it turns out for you and answer any questions you might have. Tag me if you make it!

Kozhukatta is a steamed rice dumpling that's filled with melted jaggery and grated coconut. It's a special treat that Keralite Christians make for Palm Sunday weekend.

As always, if you have any questions when making this recipe reach out to me @ on instagram. I’d LOVE to see how it turns out for you and answer any questions you might have. Tag me if you make it!

Kozhukatta is a steamed rice dumpling that's filled with melted jaggery and grated coconut. It's a special treat that Keralite Christians make for Palm Sunday weekend.

Posting Komentar untuk "Kerala Recipes Kozhukattai"