Kale Recipes With Smoked Turkey Necks
I’ve been eating southern-style collard greens for as long as I can remember. My grandmother on my dad’s side (may she rest), used to whip them up special for me pretty much any time I wanted them. And I wanted them a lot. Both of my grandma’s killed it in the kitchen, and their knowledge poured into my mom, and now it’s all mine.
I love pork, but I know there’s a handful of you who don’t eat it. This version is pork-free but it absolutely does not skimp on flavor. These greens remind me of the women I was raised by, and it’s very near and dear to my heart. We never measure anything, but of course I’m going to give you measurements to start off with, and adjust to your own personal liking.

The base of the broth is made with high-quality chicken stock, not broth. Be 100% sure you’re buying the best quality chicken stock if not using homemade. The stock is full of serious flavor, which permeates through the greens slowly, making them MELT IN YOUR MOUTH DELICIOUS! I repeat, make sure the chicken stock is the highest quality you can buy (if not make). Also, greens can be kinda bitter, so it’s important you learn to balance these flavors by giving it a splash of acid (apple cider vinegar, preferably with the mother), and a bit of sweetness (wildflower honey). What if you can’t find wildflower honey? Then use whatever you have access to. You’ll also want to add some heat to your greens, the level is up to you.
Salmon With Kale And Leek Chiffonade Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Organic
Low and slow is the best way to cook southern-style collard greens, in my opinion. No need to rush, this is a low-country kinda dish, so let these aromas permeate your kitchen and enjoy the end results. I first posted this recipe to my Instagram account last year, and folks have made it for their families during holiday season. Everyone who’s tried it so far has loved it, and I think that has a lot to do with how I instruct you to prepare it. I want you to really make this yours, so as always, taste as you go!
This is a collard green chopper. It’s not necessary if you’ve already pre-chopped your greens to bite sized pieces, but if you’d like to shred them even further, this comes in handy.
Once you take the neck and legs out, let them cool. Then carefully shred the meat from the bones and add it back to your greens.
Southern Collard Greens With Smoked Turkey Legs
I use two pre-made spices for this recipe, by The Gourmet Collection (links in recipe). I purchase mine from either Tuesday Morning, Marshall’s, or TJ Maxx. They’ve also been spotted at World Market. If you cannot find them, here’s the ingredients list for both, so you can substitute with what you have.
These were so amazing. If you’d rather use pork, such as hamhocks or fat back, etc. instead of the smoked turkey, feel free! I’ve made them with either protein, and they come out succulent no matter what.
Incredibly delicious southern-style collard greens, reminiscent of my grandmother. These do not contain pork, but you could swap the smoked turkey for ham-hocks if you prefer. These are eyeball measurements to get you started. Please taste as you go and adjust to your liking.
Southern Cabbage & Kale
Disclosure: This site uses various affiliate links. If a purchase is made using one of our affiliate links, we receive a small commission which helps support our efforts. Please read our Privacy Policy for more information.These Pressure Cooker Collard Greens with smoked turkey deliver the same irresistible smoky taste as my collard greens with bacon but in less than half the time. Learn how to make collard greens in a pressure cooker like the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi, as well as get tips to eliminate greens’ bitterness.This easy Southern-style recipe uses simple ingredients and cooks in less than 30 minutes.
So, whether for the holiday season (like Thanksgiving or New Year’s Day) or just for a regular day, here are a few reasons why you should make this great recipe:
If you have a bunch of collards leftover from this instant pot collard greens recipe, the best way to store them is in an airtight container for the next time (up to 5 days).

Braised Greens With Smoked Turkey
You can also freeze leftover collard greens for up to 4 months. I store them in portions and thaw the portions out overnight in the refrigerator before warming them up!
I pressure-cook my fresh greens with smoked turkey necks for 25 minutes. You should know that your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or other pressure cooker will need extra time to come to full pressure as well as time to release the pressure.
Let’s be honest – no one likes bitter greens.The bitterness of the greens comes from the stem ends. So, removing them, adding apple cider vinegar, and adequately cooking them will take the bitterness away. That’s how you’ll get the best collard greens.
Sherla's Southern Greens Recipe
Baking soda preserves the vegetable’s color and also brings a tenderizing effect. However, this practice has some downsides, so I’d rather cook my Southern collard greens long enough to make them tender.
I’m using fresh collard greens. However, depending on where you live and the season, it may be difficult to purchase these. If that’s the case for you, you can use other fresh leafy greens (like mustard greens, turnip greens, and kale greens) as an alternative for your southern greens.

While smoked turkey neck is an ingredient used in this recipe, if you prefer, you can use alternative meats like smoked turkey leg, smoked turkey wing, and smoked ham hock. Just be sure to discard the bones before serving.
October Beans, Smoked Turkey And Kale
If you try this recipe, please stop back andleave it a star rating and/or a review in the comments.Stay connected & share photos of your creations with me & others onInstagram, Facebook, andPinterest!
Use your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi to make this Pressure Cooker Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey recipe. Cooks in less than 30 minutes with simple ingredients.
Calories: 122 kcal | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0.2 g | Cholesterol: 65 mg | Sodium: 338 mg | Potassium: 213 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 2064 IU | Vitamin C: 15 mg | Calcium: 113 mg | Iron: 1 mg
The Best Southern Collard Greens Recipe
The nutrition facts come from entering the recipe ingredients into Spoonacular API, a database of food ingredients. They may vary for any recipe based on the exact product used. The keto sweeteners I use have 0g net carbs & are not included because sugar alcohols do not impact most people. This is provided as a courtesy, but you can do your own calculations if you wish!

Share this Recipe If you enjoy this recipe, share a link to it via email or Facebook, pin it, or leave a rating. Please don’t copy/paste the instructions to other websites. Thanks for helping the website grow!In my family no Thanksgiving would be complete without greens. Last year, I hosted my first Thanksgiving Dinner and it was also my first year as head chef. Of course, I was under the watchful eye of my Mamaw, but I did the majority of the prepping, and I’m happy to say I think I’ve finally mastered the art of making greens. However, I must admit, earlier today I placed a call to my Mamaw just to make sure I was doing it right. After all, she was raised in Rappahannock County Virginia (Vah-ginah, as she says), where you ‘bet not mess up dem greens.
Greens are not very hard to make, but they have to be made a certain way. If you googled all green recipes, prepared in a southern style, the preparation may be slightly different, but the ingredients are generally the same. My Mamaw was raised using collard greens, ham hocks and fat back to flavor her greens, but my mom always used kale and smoked turkey necks. I enjoy both but there is just something about that smoked turkey flavor. I also like mustards, and I know collards are abundant in the South, but for me kale is King. Some might even say you can’t have greens without using collards, but I just can’t get enough kale. Not only is it super easy to freeze (just in case you have leftovers), but it holds flavor really well. So for this recipe I used my mom’s ingredients and cooked them the way my Mamaw taught me. That way I can still get the best of both worlds. Enjoy!
Bean Soup Recipe With Smoked Turkey · Nourish And Nestle
Dash of sugar – just in case the vinegar is too bitter for your liking. About a tablespoon or two will do.
On medium heat, place the turkey necks in a large soup pot and cover with water. You don’t need to add too much water, just enough to cover the necks. Let cook for about 30 minutes.
Add another 4 cups of warm water

Posting Komentar untuk "Kale Recipes With Smoked Turkey Necks"