Best Vegan Crab Cakes Recipe
I gotta admit it, after watching Seaspiracy I'm feeling even more inspired to come up with vegan seafood dishes! Last week I gave you Vegan Lobster, a few weeks earlier was my Jackfruit Salad Sandwich and before that, there was Heart of Palm Calamari, and Tofish and Chips, to name a few! This week, I'm tackling Crab Cakes! Or, I should say Easy Vegan Crab Cakes to be exact 😉
Flaky, tender, and creamy, Easy Vegan Crab Cakes are next-level good! The nori (seaweed) adds slight fishiness to the taste. Just look how moist and delicate they are! A perfect option for an appetizer or a main, these are sure to please the seafood lover in your house, all the while leaving our fishy friends alone!

Oooh baby, you are going to love how amazing these taste! Just 9 ingredients and super easy to make. Vegan Crab Cakes can be pan-fried or I also included air-fryer or oven instructions as well! Oh, and they can be made oil-free! Win win win.
Ways To Make Vegan Crab Cakes
I've got so many Vegan Seafood options now - I had to make a new category on my blog dedicated to it! I hope you enjoy these Easy Vegan Crab Cakes as well as my other vegan seafood dishes! I really believe we can do our part to help save the oceans - one meal at a time 🙂
To a food processor, add chickpeas, artichokes, panko breadcrumbs, chopped nori, vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Pulse a few times to mix and break up the chickpeas and artichokes. Don't over mix, you want there to be texture still.
If the mixture has reached the correct texture but the ingredients aren't mixed well, use a spoon or spatula to finish mixing.
Vegan Crab Cakes Recipe By Tasty
Heat the oil in a large skillet or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot add the patties and fry 3 - 5 minutes per side until golden brown.
These vegan crab cakes go beautifully with my Vegan Tartar Sauce (Page 144 in Fuss-Free Vegan) a squeeze of lemon, and a side serving of salad or cooked greens. Yum!
Just 9 ingredients and super-easy to make. Can be made in a skillet or a pan but I have also included air-fryer instructions as well as baked options! Oh, and they can be made oil-free! Flaky, tender, creamy, and next-level good!
Vegan Crab Cakes
Air-fryer method (oil-free): Preheat your air-fryer. Lay the patties in the bottom of the air fryer in a single layer, do not overlap. You may need to do them in batches. Air-fry at 380F for about 15 minutes until they are golden brown.
Baked method (oil-free optional): Preheat your oven to 400F. Lightly grease a large baking pan or line it with parchment paper. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through until the vegan crab cakes are golden brown.
Nori: nori is the seaweed you use to make sushi with, it's what adds a fishy taste. If you prefer you can omit it, but your vegan crab cakes won't taste very crab-like. It doesn't get ground up in the food processor well so make sure to chop it into small flakes before adding. I usually use kitchen scissors to do this.
Ultimate Maryland Style Vegan Crab Cakes
Make ahead: these vegan crab cakes store well at almost any stage of the process. The prepared mixture, the shaped uncooked patties, or the fully cooked vegan crab cakes can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4 -5 days or it should freeze well too.
Serving: 1 vegan crab cake without oil (recipe makes 6 crab cakes) | Calories: 255 kcal | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Protein: 10 g | Fat: 9 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Sodium: 484 mg | Potassium: 285 mg | Fiber: 8 g | Sugar: 5 g | Vitamin A: 48 IU | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 60 mg | Iron: 3 mgThese Vegan Crab Cakes are crispy on the outside, yet moist and flaky on the inside. They can be enjoyed as an appetizer, side, or main dish.
I've had people suggest that I call them Hearts of Palm Cakes or Bean Cakes, but there's a reason that I don't. As a blogger, I have to title my recipes so they are easily searchable online. Otherwise, there will be crickets around here and nobody will see my recipes.
Vegan Crab Cake Sandwiches
So, I have to do my own research first before selecting a title and it's not an easy task. Believe it or not, MANY people are searching for Vegan Crab Cakes and just a handful are searching for Hearts of Palm Cakes.

And NOBODY is searching for Bean cakes!! So, that's one of my reasons for my title choice for anyone who might be wondering.
Many of us grew up consuming meat in a variety of dishes. Lots of memories are attached to them and that's what we are familiar with. It's not the meat itself we are missing, It's the textures, flavors, and seasonings that our palate is used to.
Vegan Crab Cakes With Sriracha Aioli
We just don't want to hurt animals for our taste buds anymore. So, if we can recreate that experience without harming non-human friends, why wouldn't we do that?
Lots of people who say they love the taste of meat, have never tasted it plain, without seasoning. I used to say the same thing, but after going vegan, I realized my cravings were coming from the smells and flavors of the herbs and spices.
Also, recipes like this make it easier for some people to transition from meat-eating to vegan. It surely helped me! So basically, you can still have an enjoyable dish from your past, and leave your friends in the ocean...where they belong.Sounds like a good deal to me.
The Best Vegan Crab Cakes
Some vegans don't want to eat anything that reminds them of meat and that's perfectly normal too. We are all different and have separate journeys, but the one thing we share in common is that we don't want to harm animals.
I'm from Long Island and I grew up eating many seafood dishes, but my favorite thing to order was crab cakes. They were very popular on the East Coast and especially in Maryland where they are known for the best crab cakes.

It was a bit of a drive to get there from Long Island, so I settled for the crab cakes near home. However, I did make it out to Maryland a few times and ordered those famous cakes each time. Yes, they really were THAT good!
Healthy Vegan Crab Cakes
Being vegan now, I don't see any reason to miss out on those wonderful flavors, textures, and seasonings since I can enjoy them in a cruelty-free way now.
I can't claim that these taste exactly like a traditional Maryland Crab Cake. Those chefs have a way of making the recipe with as little breading as possible but still manage to get it to your plate in one piece.I did try to make them this way, but the method was frustrating and took much longer.
So, I wanted to make them taste as traditional as possible, but also make them easy to prepare. Keeping it simple is good.
Vegan Crab Cakes Recipe: Delicious Fish Free Crab Cakes!
I prefer to pan-fry these in a non-stick pan using minimal oil that has a high smoke point like avocado, sunflower, or grapeseed oil.If you want to make a healthier version of this dish, you can definitely bake these. Just set your oven to 400 degrees F. and bake them on a large baking sheet for about 10-15 minutes on each side. I would lightly spray them with oil or use a silicone baking mat so they get crispy
If you make these Vegan Crab Cakes, I’d love to hear what you think in the comment section below. It would really make my day. You can also follow me onInstagramand share your creation with me. Just tag me@and hashtag#so I don’t miss it.
These Vegan Crab Cakes are crispy on the outside, yet moist and flaky on the inside. They can be enjoyed as an appetizer, side or a main dish.
![]()
Vegan Crab Cake Recipe
*Note: the video above shows the hearts of palm sliced before going into the food processor. I prefer to just cut them in half lengthwise to keep larger pieces in the mixture for a flakier texture.
Serving: 3 patties | Calories: 441 kcal | Carbohydrates: 68 g | Protein: 13 g | Fat: 13 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Sodium: 949 mg | Fiber: 9 g | Sugar: 2 g
I’m Melissa Huggins – the creator of Vegan Huggs. I started this blog to share delicious vegan recipes that everyone will love. Yep, that includes carnivores, too! Read more...These Vegan Crab Cakes are by far the best out there, in my humble opinion. These crispy and delicate cakes are simple to make and oh so delicious! Top with a creamy vegan Remoulade Sauce for an easy appetizer.
Zucchini Crab Cakes Recipe
I think I’ve found my new favorite savory appetizer. These Vegan Crab Cakes may not contain fish, but they sure are a delicious, crispy, delicate, and savory bite.
You may be asking, how are these crab cakes if there is no crab in them? If I could title this differently,
Posting Komentar untuk "Best Vegan Crab Cakes Recipe"