Chocolate Cake Recipe With Fudge Frosting
Chocolate Fudge Cake with Easy Fudge Frosting. A homemade, old fashioned, easy to make one-bowl chocolate cake covered in an easy fudge frosting that’s made from chocolate chips.
This chocolate fudge cake recipe is really being posted for the easy fudge frosting. The same one-bowl, super easy, chocolate cake recipe has been used several times on Rock Recipes from Black and White Cake to Chocolate Buttercream Cake to Strawberry Black Forest Cake .

It’s a real tried-and-true recipe that’s light , moist and tender and gets a great response every time. I’m adding it again here just to have the complete recipe in one place for convenience sake.
Creamy Fudge Frosting Recipe: How To Make It
I have made quite a few fudge frostings over the years but they can be fussy things to deal with. One of my old time favourites was a shortening based recipe which was also cooked, but had to be beaten for a long time in a pan of ice water.
That requires a had mixer and quite a bit of active time so I don’t make that much anymore. A friend suggested this recipe to me and I tweaked it a little to use less sugar and make it a bit more intensely chocolate flavoured than the original.
Make no mistake, any fudge frosting is going to be a sweet frosting anyway.However, I found that using darker chocolate chips in this recipe rather than the semi-sweet it called for balanced the sweetness better.
Dark Chocolate Fudge Frosting Go Go Go Gourmet
It’s easy to keep up with the latest home style cooking & baking ideas from Rock Recipes. Be sure to follow Rock Recipes Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram .Plus you’ll see daily recipe suggestions from decadent desserts to quick delicious weekday meals too.
You can also sign up for our FREE newsletter to know immediately when we add new recipes are added. You’ll get weekly suggestions for great family friendly meals and desserts too!
Rock Recipes a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Our product recommendations are almost exclusively for those we currently use or have used in the past.
Chocolate Fudge Cake With Easy Fudge Frosting
Chocolate Fudge Cake with Easy Fudge Frosting - a homemade, one-bowl chocolate cake covered in an easy fudge frosting that's made from chocolate chips.
The nutritional information provided is automatically calculated by third party software and is meant as a guideline only. Exact accuracy is not guaranteed. For recipes where all ingredients may not be used entirely, such as those with coatings on meats, or with sauces or dressings for example, calorie & nutritional values per serving will likely be somewhat lower than indicated.
Do you love our Real food recipes for real people'? Share the recipe on Facebook to let your friends know about us. They'll thank you for it.
Chocolate Cake With Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Smells amazing! My 8year old granddaughter pick this to be her very first cake to make !!!! Can’t wait to taste it
This cake is beautiful!! I made it for my son’s birthday and it is so taste and moist. I was worried as the batter was on the runny side, but it turned out lovely. I used a double shot of espresso and made up the remainder of the cup with water. You could not taste the coffee at all. As I used two 6 inch cake tins, I used some of the cake batter to make mini cupcakes and they were devoured straight away. Thank you so much for this gem!Believe me when I tell you this is the BEST Chocolate Cake you will ever make! Moist and fudgy dark chocolate cake layers paired with a rich and silky fudge frosting! Consider this the ultimate cure for when that craving hits!

Another #Choctoberfest recipe today! I’ve been dying to post a pure chocolate cake recipe for a while now! I’ve used this chocolate cake recipe in my Sundae Birthday Cake and Turtle Chocolate Layer Cake, so I figured it was time for me to create an independent post for the best chocolate cake I’ve ever made!
Yellow Sheet Cake With Chocolate Frosting
Just take a look at this cake and tell me you don’t wanna dive face first into its moist and fudgy layers? I wanted the actual cake to be the focus of this recipe, so I kept things simple this time.
Before developing this recipe, my chocolate cakes were the typical simple recipe using the same method I use in these chocolate cupcakes. For that method, we just whisk the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together and add some boiling water to moisten the cupcake and deepen the chocolate flavour.
That recipe is great, of course, but I prefer it more as a cupcake or sheet cake recipe, rather than a layer cake. As moist and fluffy as that chocolate cake recipe is, it just isn’t sturdy enough to be a layer cake, in my opinion.
Moist And Fudgy Chocolate Layer Cake
Ok so let’s talk about this upgraded perfect chocolate cake recipe! Start off by creaming the butter and sugar together. This step adds gives the cake its fluffy texture and also provides structure and stability.
You’ll need to beat the butter and sugar for at least 4-5 minutes. The mixture needs to be super fluffy and pale before you move on to the next step. Add the eggs, one at a time, then some sour cream to create a soft and tender crumb.

To enhance the chocolate flavour, I dissolved some instant coffee granules in an equal amount of vanilla. You won’t taste the coffee in the cake, but it does heighten the chocolate so you can leave it out if you want, but I don’t recommend you do.
Marble Cake With Fudge Frosting
Next, alternate between adding the dry ingredients in thirds and the buttermilk in 2 parts. I usually stick with adding all regular unsweetened cocoa powder, but this time, to deepen the cholatey-ness even more, I replaced some of the unsweetened coca with black cocoa powder! It also gives the cake layers a super dark and gorgeous appearance!
And feel free to fold in a cup of chocolate chips if you want an even chocolatier cake! P.S. Look how gorgeous this batter is!
I made 4 layers of the cake, but you can easily cut that down to 3 or 2 thicker layers. There’s no need to change the recipe, just adjust the baking time a bit. The 4 thin layers I made baked for about 25 minutes each, so start with that time, test the doneness. Then if it’s not done continue to bake, checking every 2 minutes until it’s done.
Chocolate Banana Cake With Espresso Fudge Frosting
I wanted to pair the decadent cake layers with something light, so instead of making my dreamy chocolate buttercream, I made a silky fudge frosting instead.
Start by melting the chocolate in 30 second intervals in the microwave, then set it aside to cool. Then whip up the butter for at least 5 minutes until it becomes pale and fluffy. Slowly mix in the powdered (icing) sugar and both cocoas, then add the hot water, sour cream, vanilla and salt.

The hot water in the frosting has the same role as it does in chocolate cakes, it heightens the chocolate flavour! The sour cream also provides a ton of flavour and makes the frosting super glossy. Finish the frosting off by pouring in all that yummy melted chocolate and you’ve got super silky fudge frosting!
Healthy Dark Chocolate Cake & Fudge Frosting
This frosting wasn’t meant to be pipeable, but you can still pipe on a poof border on top of the cake if you’d like. I kept things simple , no crumb coat or anything, just covering the cake in frosting and swirling it with the back of a spoon.
You can also run a straight cake decorating spatula around the sides and on top of the cake, or even use an icing comb to create beautiful designs! For the top of the cake, I added a border of mini chocolate chips because you could never have too much chocolate.
Absolutely! This cake bakes up flat, which is perfect since it gets rid of the need for trimming, but it shouldn’t matter much as cupcakes. I’m currently testing this recipe as a cupcake recipe I’m sharing soon, so I’ll definitely come back to tell you how it works!
Banana Cake With Fudge Frosting Recipe
Did you make the Best Chocolate Cake? Let me know how they turned out in the comments below! And don’t forget to leave a rating!
Images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.

Chocolate chip aren't the only cookies we have on this site!We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. By clicking “Accept”, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies.
Banana Spice Cake With Chocolate Fudge Frosting
This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. We also
Posting Komentar untuk "Chocolate Cake Recipe With Fudge Frosting"