Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Beef Recipe With Peanut Butter

Beef Recipe With Peanut Butter

Serve this dish with a Chopped Asian Salad or an Asian Spaghetti Salad With Sesame Ginger Dressing for an unforgettable, sneakily simple meal!

Chinese takeout is great, isn’t it? It’s one of our most favorite things to order when the weather is cold and snowy. It’s also one of our go-to’s when it’s nice and sunny out. Or, when it’s rainy, humid, dry, spring-like…okay so we like to get takeout pretty much year-round. And sometimes, if I’m being honest, we find ourselves heading to our favorite Chinese restaurant several times a month, just because we can, I suppose.

Thai

Our love for Asian food (particularly anything with beef and a creamy peanut sauce) doesn’t stop when our wallets run dry, however. It just means we change our game plan and cook at home. I think we can all admit no other protein does it quite like beef. Beef tastes amazing, and that taste always has a place at our table.

Beef Satay With Peanut Sauce

I also find it fun to recreate our favorite takeout meals at home and I like that I can control the ingredients I cook with. There’s something so satisfying about getting that recipe right and knowing you can have a healthier version of your favorite meal on your dinner table in just 20 short minutes. Plus, when you start with a high-quality protein like beef, the culinary possibilities are endless. I’ve seared it, grilled it, roasted it, used it as an ingredient and made it into an entree. (I could go on and on!)

Cue this oh-so-tasty Thai Peanut Beef recipe — the beef is absolutely delicious and comes together so quickly, you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before. I mean, who couldn’t resist tender juicy beef sautéed in a sweet and spicy peanut sauce? Not this girl!

Sometimes I like to go into a meal “on-theme” and sometimes I wing it. But, I’ve made all these sides with this Thai Peanut Beef recipe before and all go along spectacularly. Mix-and-match your own combo to suit your mood or your meal.

Beef Satay Skewers With Peanut Dipping Sauce

I suggest making this Thai Peanut Beef with Flank Steak or stir-fry beef strips that you can find already pre-cut in your grocer’s meat case. Since this dish is meant to come together quickly, you want to go with cuts of meat that cook up fast without becoming chewy. Flank Steak works great in marinades and cooking at high temperatures.

Another option is to get Skirt Steak. It also marinades well and cooks up just fine over high heat. This is the type of meat often found in fajitas, which have a similar preparation to this Asian beef dish.

Alternative cooking option: if you prefer your steak cooked medium or rare, sear steak whole (not sliced) for 5-8 minutes on each side until browned and cooked to desired doneness.  (145°F for medium rare, 160°F for medium) Thinly slice, return to pan with the sauce and saute 1-2 minutes.

Beef Stir Fry With Peanut Sauce Recipe: How To Make It

Calories: 394 kcal , Carbohydrates: 9 g , Protein: 33 g , Fat: 27 g , Saturated Fat: 7 g , Trans Fat: 1 g , Cholesterol: 71 mg , Sodium: 444 mg , Potassium: 554 mg , Fiber: 2 g , Sugar: 6 g , Vitamin A: 12 IU , Vitamin C: 1 mg , Calcium: 24 mg , Iron: 3 mgBeef Satay is one of those dishes that can be a hit or miss at Thai restaurants. If you want a sure thing, make it at home!! You’ll love the secret for how to makeeconomical beef cuts so succulent you’d swear they’re top shelf meat. These skewers are so good you can eat them plain, but no one in their right mind would skip the Thai Peanut Sauce!

When I eat out at Thai restaurants, I tend to default to Chicken Satay skewers because I know chicken is hard to get wrong. Beef Satay, on the other hand, can be terribly hit or miss. Bland, chewy and dry beef is an all-too-common refrain.

To experience Beef Satay the way it’s meant to be, better to make it yourself. It’s easy to do, cheaper and you know it will hit the mark!

Recipe Time: Traditional Peanut Butter Beef Stew From Zimbabwe

And what is that mark? It’s succulent pieces of beef, firstly tickled in a marinade of satay seasoning. Then they’re seared on a ripping hot skillet for charry crust while staying lovely and pink inside. To serve, the skewers are befriended by a bowl of rich and smooth Thai Peanut Sauce – the perfect counterpoint for these smoky sticks of pleasure.

This Beef Satay recipe is a little bit special because it includes a handy method to tenderise a tougher beef cut so it becomes succulent, using baking soda / bi-carb. Cubes of raw beef are marinated overnight in a satay seasoning with a little baking soda added (just 1/2 teaspoon for 600g / 1.2lb of beef), then cooked in the usual manner.

-

The baking soda magically relaxes the meat fibres, making the beef more tender without changing the texture of the beef itself. It’s based on a method used by Chinese restaurants called

Beef Tenderloin With Parsnip Slaw And Thai Peanut Sauce Recipe

. Here’s the velveting recipe covering the technique in detail. The Chinese method is applied to thinner strips of beef, uses more baking soda and a shorter marinating time (~40 minutes to 1 hour). The baking soda is also rinsed off before cooking. The result is soft, “velvet”-like texture, hence the technique name.

For this Thai Beef Satay however, I specifically want to keep the original texture of beef intact so I use less baking soda and marinate overnight. The amount is so small too it cannot be tasted.

The result? Succulent pieces of beef that you’d swear are from a premium cut! The added bonus is that it’s also virtually impossible to overcook baking soda-tenderised beef.

Dan Dan Noodles With Beef

Notice how pink the beef is inside, even though this is cooked through to medium. That’s the baking soda at work here – the beef stays pink even when cooked beyond medium rare. This is typical with some types of tenderised beef, such as Korean Beef Galbi.

Beef Satay is typically listed as a starter at Thai restaurants. However, more often than not, it forms part of a main course when I make it. Asian BBQ is a firm favourite menu theme when I have friends over!

Beef

Recipe video above. Meat on sticks is always a good thing, and Thai Beef Satay is one of the best! In this beef version ofThai Chicken Satay, a secret tenderising satay marinade makes economical steak astonishingly succulent. So good, you can eat it plain – but no one in their right mind would skip the Thai Peanut Sauce!

Beef Stir Fry With Asian Peanut Sauce

Note: Baking soda tenderised beef needs to be thoroughly cooked to be tender. The beef is still a bit chewy if it's medium or less (because we're using economical beef).

Use leftover sauce for Thai Chicken Satay, Gado Gado (Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce) or just douse a bowl of plain rice. You can't go wrong!

1. Skewers used for Asian satay tend to be shorter than Western skewers. I like them because they fit in skillets! I get them from Asian stores. Feel free to make giant ones with longer skewers.

Ground Beef Chili With Chocolate And Peanut Butter Recipe

2. Beef – I use rump steak (top sirloin in the US) which is a mid range economical cut with good beefy flavour that can sometimes be a bit chewy. However, the baking soda/bi carb in the marinade tenderises it – a Thai cooking secret!

If you use a well-marbled, more premium steak cut, such as a good quality scotch fillet (boneless rib eye), then there’s no need to use the baking soda. But do take care when cooking the skewers not to overcook the beef!

-

In theory, this recipe will work for pork as well (including tenderising) but I haven’t experimented with different cuts.For chicken, see Thai Chicken Satay.

Beef Satay With Thai Peanut Sauce

3. Coconut milk – Not all coconut milk is created equal. Cheaper brands are diluted with water so have less coconut flavour. I use Ayam which is 89% (some are as low as 53%). As for low fat? I take no responsibility if you opt to use it!

Leftover coconut milk – freeze it. Find a recipe using leftovers by typing “coconut milk” in the search bar on my website, then hit “Using this ingredient”.

5. Red curry paste – The best Thai red curry paste (in my opinion) is Maesri which comes in small cans and also happens to be the cheapest. Sold at large supermarkets (Coles, Woolies, Harris), Asian stores. But any brand will dobecause it’s an enhancer rather than key flavouring.

Beef, Bacon & Peanut Butter Dog Treats

If using homemade Thai red curry paste, double the curry paste, add 1 tsp fish sauce + 1 tsp sugar into the beef marinade, and 2 tsp fish sauce + 2 tsp sugar into Peanut Sauce (homemade doesn’t have the seasonings jar paste does).

6. Baking soda / bi-carb –This tenderises the beef so mid range steak becomes succulent. Based on a infamous Chinese restaurant technique tovelvet beef.See in post for more information.

Traditional

7. Natural peanut butter is 100% peanuts and has a stronger peanut flavour than commercial peanut butter which has sugar and other additives. It is

Steak With Peanut Sauce And Broccoli Recipe

Posting Komentar untuk "Beef Recipe With Peanut Butter"