Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Applesauce Protein Muffin Recipe

Applesauce Protein Muffin Recipe

These incredibly moist and protein packed Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins are sweetened with maple syrup and are the best post workout breakfast!

Last week I shared with you one of my favorite on the go breakfasts – Almond Butter Protein Bars. Whelp I’m back at it today with another on the go breakfast recipe in muffin form – Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins to be exact.I used Kodiak Cakes Protein Packed Flapjack and Waffle Mix to make these muffins. Have you heard of Kodiak Cakes? I first heard of them from Kyliewho uses their mixes in recipes

-

. Then I saw them at Costco, but was nervous about committing to such a big box. So I bought the mix from Jewel, fell in love, and regretted not purchasing the absurdly large size originally.

Healthy Blueberry Protein Muffins

The good news is that I went to Costco last night and righted my wrong. Aaaaand a reader recentlytold me about a peanut butter version so that’s next on my list!

I’ve been experimenting with Kodiak Cakes (protein packed) mix and seriously love the stuff. This mix ismade with 100% whole grain wheat flour and 100% whole grain oat flour and has a protein blend added that boasts 14 grams of protein in a single serving of flapjacks. This stuff will stick with ya!

While the mix makes delicious pancakes (obviously), I like using it as a flour substitute in other baked goods. And I am loving it in these apple cinnamon protein muffins.

Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins + Video

Each muffin yields only 135 calories and 6 grams of protein. I alwayseat two in a single serving – now that’s my kind of protein in a baked good!

The only thing that would make them better is if you sprinkled some grain free granola on top before you bake! Oh my goodness, I’m salivating just thinking about it!

Apple Cinnamon Protein Muffins are one of my favorite ways to eatbreakfast on the go! If you make these or any of my recipes, don’t forget to post a picturesocial media anduse the hashtag #im for a chance to be featured!

Applesauce Muffins (healthy!)

A reader has success turning these into lactation muffins! Add 1/2 cup oats, 2 scoops (~1/4 cup) brewers yeast, 1/4 cup flax meal, increased the applesauce to 3/4 cup and add ~1/4 cup almond milk.

Vegan

Weight Watchers Points: I personally do not calculate nutritional value for my recipes, but this version was calculated by Swanson Health Products for their website and it is showing as 4 smart points . They found a light maple syrup that was only 6 smart points (instead of 12) , so that would make the recipe 2-3 smart points  each. It would be 5 smart points  for 2 muffins if you bought a light syrup.Step 2. Add the dry ingredients. While they’re sitting on top of the wet ingredients gently mix them together a bit to help distribute the salt and baking powder, then mix it all up until everything is wetted.

This recipe was originally published in 2015 and called for coconut oil. I updated the recipe in 2020 to include an almond butter butter. I prefer almond butter nutritionally and texture-wise, but coconut oil works fine too.

Banana Protein Muffins

I wanted to provide both options since some readers love the original coconut oil version. They come out fairly similar either way, so use whichever you have on hand or suits your preference.

The coconut oil version does get hard in the fridge though as the coconut oil hardens, another reason why I preferred the almond butter version. Almond butter also reduces the fat and adds a bit more protein.

Applesauce

After baking, let the muffins cool completely then store in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-4 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.

Banana & Applesauce Muffins — Let Them Eat Dirt

I recommend using a vanilla flavored pea protein such as Vega, NuZest, Bob’s Red Mill, Naked, or any other pea protein. Pea protein is finer, lighter, and more absorbent than other proteins. It’s okay if it’s a blend of pea protein and other plant proteins.

I haven’t tested the recipe with an alternative plant protein but it should work with a blended plant protein such as North Coast Naturals or Iron Vegan. I do not recommend using whey protein in this recipe.

This recipe is based around protein powder so I can’t make a suggestion for replacing it. I suggest trying my healthy blueberry muffins, vegan buckwheat muffins, skinny zucchini chocolate muffins or banana chocolate chip muffins instead.

Simple

Applesauce Muffins {healthy Muffin Recipe}

I’d love to hear about it! Click here to leave a review and be sure to tag me @ if you post it on social media.

These vegan apple oat muffins with protein powder and chocolate chips make a yummy snack any time of the day, healthy dessert option or quick breakfast on-the-go.

The original recipe from 2015 called for coconut oil. I updated the recipe in 2020 and tried an almond butter version. I prefer almond butter nutritionally and texture-wise but coconut oil works too. I wanted to provide the option since some readers love the coconut oil version from 2015. They come out fairly similar so use whichever you have on hand or suits your preference. The coconut oil ones do get very hard in the fridge though as the coconut oil hardens.

Blueberry Protein Muffins

I recommend using a vanilla flavored pea protein-based protein powder such as Vega, NuZest, Bob’s Red Mill, Naken or any other pea protein. Pea protein is finer, lighter and more absorbent than other proteins. I haven’t tested the recipe with an alternative plant protein but it should work with a blended plant protein such as North Coast Naturals or Iron Vegan.

Easy

Nutrition facts are estimated using almond butter, not coconut oil. The coconut oil version is 270 calories with 13 grams of fat, 7 grams of protein and 33 grams of carbs.

UPDATE NOTE: This recipe was originally published on March 24, 2015. It was updated with new photos and text on April 30, 2020.

Quick One Bowl Applesauce Muffins

Posting Komentar untuk "Applesauce Protein Muffin Recipe"