Recipes For Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
Make the best Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup you’ve ever tasted by using your trusty slow cooker. This easy soup recipe features white meat chicken, wild rice, bacon, and plenty of fresh vegetables in a rich, creamy broth. Simple to prepare and begging to be devoured, this flavorful crockpot chicken soup with wild rice is comfort food that you can feel good about eating!
Featured comment: I’ve tried a myriad of crockpot creamy chicken and wild rice soups and this one is by far the best! I stumbled across it last year and made it twice. Now that soup season is in full bloom, I will definitely be making this a few times this season. Thank you so much for sharing this quality recipe!” – Laura

This post was originally published in January 2019. I made updates to the article below to include more information about making wild rice soup with chicken in the crock pot.
Creamy Slow Cooker Chicken And Wild Rice Soup (easy And Gluten Free)
If lightened-up (but still rich and creamy) food is your jam, then boy-oh-boy do I have the perfect recipe for you. This thick and cheesy chicken wild rice soup is loaded with lean chicken breast, earthy wild rice, salty bacon, crisp veggies, fresh herbs, pungent garlic, and nutty parmesan for a meal that is out-of-this-world delicious.
If you’re looking for a restaurant-worthy recipe to help keep you warm, look no further than this cream of chicken and wild rice soup in the crockpot. It’s hearty, homey, and unquestionably delectable.
Creamy wild rice soup is a comforting bowl of goodness made with wild rice, chopped vegetables (e.g. onions, carrots, and celery), and seasonings (e.g. thyme, sage, and rosemary).
Chicken And Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Wild rice soup can be vegetarian or it can include lean meat like chicken, as this crockpot chicken and wild rice soup does.
You only need a few simple ingredients to make this cream of chicken wild rice soup in your crock pot. Here’s your grocery list:
As much as I love this creamy crockpot soup recipe as is, there is always room for you to make any adjustments you might need. Here are a few variations worth considering:
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup Recipe
This recipe for cream of wild rice chicken soup is super easy to prepare thanks to the slow cooker or crockpot. Here’s how it’s done:
It depends on the recipe, but for this one, NOPE! Everything gets cooked together in the slow cooker, meaning you’ll have fewer dishes to clean up afterward. You’re welcome!
While wild rice is true to its name and is grown in the wild, hand-harvested from lakes and rivers, cultivated wild rice is grown under regulated conditions in man-made paddies.
Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup {slow Cooker} Recipe
Wild rice blend is a mixture of different rice, including wild rice. The blends can greatly vary depending on the product, but I’ve found that most wild rice blends actually contain very little wild rice. That’s why I do not recommend using blends in this chicken wild rice soup crock pot recipe.
Both wild rice and brown rice are healthier options than white rice! While both varieties of rice are gluten-free and rich in antioxidants, wild rice is a slightly healthier option than brown rice.
Brown rice does have six times more magnesium, however wild rice contains more fiber, potassium and zinc. As well, cooked wild rice has 40% more protein than brown rice as well as roughly 30% fewer calories.
Chicken Wild Rice Soup {panera Copycat}
There are a few ways to make wild rice soup creamy depending on the method of cooking. This wild rice soup recipe is made with the convenience of the crockpot and easily made creamy with the addition of cream cheese, half-and-half and cornstarch.
This creamy wild rice soup with chicken is definitely hearty enough to serve on its own. However, if you are looking to serve a crowd or make this a more rounded meal, here are some serving options:
Alright, buddies — thanks so much for stopping by. It’s always rice to see you. Until next time, remember that I think you’re soup-er!

Chicken And Wild Rice Soup {warm & Comforting}
This Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is so easy thanks to the convenience of your slow cooker or crock pot! Ultra-creamy, rich and packed with chicken, wild rice, bacon and fresh vegetables, this crockpot chicken wild rice soup is healthy comfort food you can feel good about feeding your family!
Keyword: chicken wild rice soup crock pot, chicken wild rice soup crockpot, cream of chicken and wild rice soup, cream of chicken wild rice soup, creamy chicken and wild rice soup, creamy chicken wild rice soup
This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my links.
Creamy Chicken Minnesota Wild Rice Soup
Nutritional information is an estimate based upon 6 servings. Exact information will depend upon the brands of ingredients and precise measurements used.
Calories: 585 kcal | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Protein: 32 g | Fat: 31 g | Saturated Fat: 13 g | Cholesterol: 116 mg | Sodium: 504 mg | Potassium: 879 mg | Fiber: 2 g | Sugar: 3 g | Vitamin A: 4570 IU | Vitamin C: 6.2 mg | Calcium: 124 mg | Iron: 1.9 mg
©No Spoon Necessary. All images and content are under copyright protection. Please do not use any images without prior permission. Kindly do not republish this recipe without prior consent. If you want to reference this recipe, please do so by linking directly to this post.This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is so warm and comforting. This is a great soup for a cold winter night and a dinner ready in under 20 minutes.
Creamy Crock Pot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
I’ve had this blog since 2008. That’s a long time. People always ask me if I ever run out of recipe ideas. Never! In fact, I always have a running list of things of want to make probably over 100 entries long.
I have friends that have had their kids take over their blogs and I even have some friends that have willed their blogs to their children in the future. As I get older I can only hope that one of my kids loves cooking as much as I do (

The holiday season is the busiest season of all for food bloggers. Even people who don’t cook at all come to play during holiday season. I have a paper calendar (
Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
) of all the recipes I want to make for Christmas. I shop the week of for all the ingredients and then make them on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
) brings you right back to what is most important. For instance, my family all came down with a cold and immediately all my cooking plans went out the window and what did I make? Soup. Yes, soup. That’s the only thing anyone wanted to eat and I wasn’t going to argue with them.
I always try to keep what I refer to as “the trinity” in my fridge: celery, onion, and carrots. It’s the base to any soup and gives it that depth of flavor.
Healthy Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
Add a little cream. You can replace some of the cream with chicken broth or milk if you’re trying to lighten it up.
Stir in your cooked rice and add about 1 cup of cooked and shredded chicken. Rotisserie chicken works great here in a pinch.
This Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is so warm and comforting. Great for a cold winter night and ready in under 20 minutes.
Pressure Cooker / Instant Pot Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup
100 of my favorite recipes! This is the family-friendly cookbook for anyone looking to plan quick-and-easy meals and wants a way to bring people together, feasting on food which can only be described as scrumptious.This creamy chicken wild rice soup, loaded with vegetables is a quick, easy and utterly satisfying cold weather fare. Serve it with our quick No Knead Bread.

I know I’ve been sharing many soups lately. Forgive me but it’s cold outside and we all need extra comfort at the moment. Plus I’ve been getting requests from you for more soup recipes and I am nothing if not obliging.
I grew up on soups but I haven’t discovered the beauty of creamy soups until I moved to the US for university in the late 90s. Up to that point soups were brothy and were eaten strictly for lunch. They were also something you endured rather than enjoyed.
Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
This creamy soup with tender chunks of chicken breast and wild rice blew my mind and completely changed my attitude towards soups in general. Eating soup was no longer a chore but an indulgence!
Even though I lost the recipe for chicken wild rice soup from my university days, I still remembered the taste. So I decided to recreate it and share it with you.
Like all soups this one is easy to make! No special skills necessary. My 14 year old daughter makes it and she has limited cooking experience.
Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup ⋆ Real Housemoms
In butter over low heat. A classic vegetable mix of carrots, onions and celery, which serves as the base for many soup recipes.
This step bring out the sweetness in the vegetables.The famous trio adds much flavour to the soup along with a bay leaf, thyme and a clove of garlic.
Once the base is ready, we add our chicken breasts or thighs, wild rice and chicken stock.

Posting Komentar untuk "Recipes For Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup"