Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Recipe For Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup

Recipe For Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup

This copycat Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe features tender chicken, green chile, black beans, corn, and crispy tortilla strips in a savory, southwest-flavored broth. You can have this easy, gluten free, healthy soup on the table in 30 minutes!

Have you ever been to a restaurant and just loved the soup? I have… more than once. When I came home from New Mexico with 10 pounds of roasted Hatch green chile, I was looking for healthy or healthyish ways to use it. I thought of this Panera chicken tortilla soup recipe. It’s a perfect vehicle for Hatch green chile!

Chicken

I do not have a recipe for the Panera chicken soup, but I’m pretty good at determining ingredients in a dish. And soups are relatively simple. Additionally, there are ingredients listed on line for their canned version, and a few reviews that help. So, this chicken tortilla soup is a combination of my taste buds and knowledge of flavor profiles, and online sources. I think the end result is pretty close.

Panera Chicken Noodle Soup, 48 Oz

I know Panera bread features multi-colored bright tortillas. I am not a fan of food coloring, and I really don’t think they use natural ingredients to achieve their brilliant hues. I don’t really know. My copycat chicken tortilla soup tastes great with baked or air fryer tortilla strips.

If you love Panera Bread, you won’t want to miss this Copycat Panera 10 Vegetable Soup. It’s chock full of healthy veggies, and gluten free as well!

Here is a quick look at the ingredients in the recipe – it’s handy to use at the grocery store or as a summary of what you need.Skip to the recipefor quantities.

Panera Bread At Home All White Meat Chicken Tortilla Soup, 16 Oz

Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. This helps to offset the costs of maintaining my blog and creating awesome content! 😊

I use the air fryer mode on my microwave. I cut corn tortillas in thin strips (see photo below), spray lightly with olive oil or cooking spray, lightly salt, and cook them about 10 minutes at 375°.

If you prefer a recipe, see Air Fryer Tortilla Strips or Baked Tortilla Strips. Alternatively, you can fry them, but I prefer to avoid the fat and calories.

Is Panera Bread Chicken Tortilla Soup Keto?

Most of the time when I’m not cooking for the blog, I don’t follow the recipe. 😉 Here are a few ideas for “ad libbing.”

If you’ve got part of a rotisserie chicken on hand, add diced or shredded rotisserie chicken in with the black beans and green chile. Omit step 1.

We think so. Add the tortilla strips and other garnishes to each bowl just prior to serving. Reheat the soup at a later date, adding fresh garnishes.

Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup Quick And Easy

I keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days, and in the freezer for up to 2 months. Do not store with garnishes.

If it’s “soup season” in your area, you will want to give this chicken tortilla soup recipe a try. I’ll be waiting for a nice, cool day in south Texas to make it again!

Panera

If you use salted chicken broth, you may not want any salt. If you use unsalted chicken broth, start with about 1/2 teaspoon and season to taste.

Hearty Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe

NOTE: Macronutrients are an approximation only using unbranded ingredients and MyFitnessPal.com. Please do your own research with the products you’re using if you have a serious health issue or are following a specific diet.If you are looking for an easy and hearty soup recipe, you will want to make this Chicken Tortilla Soup. It’s loaded with shredded chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, onions, and green chilies, all in a tasty broth. We then serve with crushed corn tortillas. Add in some additional toppings or enjoy as is.

When I am eating out at a restaurant, one of the first things I look for on the menu is soup. I always have to know the soup of the day or the regular soups that are offered. Soup and salad are staple sides for me. I just have to have them. Many restaurants now offer Chicken Tortilla Soup on their menus. I order it quite a bit and it has become one of my favorite soups. If you have yet to try it, you are really missing out.

During the winter, I serve soup and salad or soup and sandwiches for dinner frequently. I make our Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup to serve with grilled cheese as a meal. I also whip up our CopyCat Panera Broccoli Soup because my family requests it so often. When I make our Homemade Chicken Tortilla Soup, the whole family gobbles it up and I never have leftovers.

Applebee's Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe

When making Chicken Tortilla Soup, I usually pick up a store bought rotisserie chicken. Having the chicken prepped makes this recipe so super easy. I toss everything in a pot to simmer for about 45 mins. If I am not pressed for time, I will make my chicken breasts in a pan with a bit of oil, salt, and pepper then shred. It does not take much time but does add to the prep. On busy weeknights, I like to keep all my cooking as simple as I can.

I have made this recipe so many times since I perfected it years ago. I think I have the broth perfect. It has just a bit of spicy flavor. Adults and the little ones will enjoy it. If you need to make kid friendly Chicken Tortilla Soup, you could puree the onions and green chilies. You could leave out the onion but I highly suggest keeping the green chilies for the added flavor.

-

I have made my own corn tortilla strips in the past. It is easy to do but I like to keep the prep time for our Chicken Tortilla Soup to a minimum. I just use store bought tortilla chips. I just crush them up. I add some crushed chips to each bowl before I ladle the soup. They never get to soggy and really add the tortilla flavor. I also serve additional crushed chips along side to top our soup.

Panera Southwest Chicken Tortilla Soup Cup Nutrition Facts

I make chicken for dinner frequently. Plain chicken breasts can become quite boring. I like to mix things up a bit and make chicken casseroles, soups, and chicken sandwiches. Chicken in general is healthy, inexpensive, and is easy to cook. Adding a variety of flavors with with the chicken always makes dinners less boring. I have had our Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe in our dinner rotation for years. I make it during the winter and summer months. We make it every few weeks.

You can make Chicken Tortilla Soup for potlucks. I have done this many of times in the past. I cook it all on the stove. I then pour it into a slow cooker to keep it warm. If you should decide to make this soup for a party or potluck, be prepared for everyone to ask you for the recipe. I have yet to serve it to friends or family and not had at least a couple of people request the recipe.

You sure can! Just place your leftovers in seal-able container. I like to allow my frozen soup to defrost on the counter top. Sometimes I place it in the slow cooker on low for about 6 hours to reheat.

Panera Bread Chicken Tortilla Soup Refrigerated

Most definitely! You can use this exact recipe by placing everything in your slow cooker. Then cook on low for about 8 hours. I find that the soup tastes best when made on the stove top.

If you are looking for an easy and hearty soup recipe, you will want to make this Chicken Tortilla Soup. It's loaded with shredded chicken, tomatoes, corn, black beans, onions, and green chilies, all in a tasty broth. We then serve with crushed corn tortillas. Add in some additional toppings or enjoy as is.

-

Calories: 390 kcal | Carbohydrates: 44 g | Protein: 44 g | Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 97 mg | Sodium: 1386 mg | Potassium: 1481 mg | Fiber: 11 g | Sugar: 8 g | Vitamin A: 862 IU | Vitamin C: 36 mg | Calcium: 106 mg | Iron: 5 mgThis copycat Panera Bread Chicken Tortilla Soup is comforting and filling. Tender chicken, black beans, roasted chilis, corn, tomatoes, and more in a flavorful broth. Using shortcut ingredients like canned roasted corn and fire roasted canned tomatoes, you can easily add flavor in no time. An easy, tasty recipe!

Chipotle Chicken Tortilla Soup

Cooking the chicken in the broth ensure flavorful, tender shredded chicken. Serve with homemade or store-bought tortilla strips! This easy tortilla soup is perfect for busy weeknights.

Sauté onion and garlic with spices until fragrant, this creates a nice base for the soup! Using ‘fire-roasted’ canned tomatoes, corn, and chilis adds easy, quick flavor.

To make this soup thicker you could add more ingredients and less broth. Alternatively you could mix in a roux of corn starch and water, a ratio of 1:1. You could also thicken with a little corn flour.

Panera Bread® Chicken Tortilla Soup

Hints of cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, paprika, and chili powder add rich, smokey

Posting Komentar untuk "Recipe For Panera Chicken Tortilla Soup"