Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Instant Pot Asian Pork Ribs Recipe

Instant Pot Asian Pork Ribs Recipe

Asian-Inspired Instant Pot Spare Ribs are sticky, sweet, a little spicy, and full of flavor. The best part? They take just about an hour to prepare, from start to finish.

Ribs are one of my favorite indulgence foods. Who doesn’t like ribs? Maybe vegetarians, but that’s not my point. What I’m trying to say here is that ribs are delicious. Period. I used to only eat ribs at a restaurant since they’re so time consuming to prepare at home. That was until I met my new favorite kitchen appliance: The Instant Pot. Now I can place the ribs in the Instant Pot, set the timer for only 25 minutes (!!!), and when it’s done, I have fully cooked, fall-off-the-bone tender ribs. In this case, Asian ribs.

Instant

Though I love a good BBQ rib with some nice tangy sauce, I decided to try an Asian-inspired recipe as well. Yum! I modified an old recipe that I had used for just about anything (short ribs, country ribs, chicken), and it turned out great with these pork spare ribs. The original inspo came from Aida Mollenkamp’s recipe for Sticky Five-Spice Short Ribs. Within minutes of turning on the IP, the whole house smelled of cinnamon, anise, and ginger from the Chinese five-spice powder. Thank goodness we only had to wait for minutes, rather than hours, for them to finish cooking!

Instant Pot Asian Bbq Ribs Recipe

Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Check out my Instant Pot Archives for some great recipes, ranging from vegan chili to roasted chicken! If you don’t have an Instant Pot, you can still make these Asian ribs in a slow cooker. See the recipe notes for the adapted recipe.

To prepare the ribs in a slow cooker, follow steps 1-3 using a slow cooker instead of the Instant Pot. Cover the slow cooker, and turn on high. Cook for 4-5 hours. When finished, remove the ribs to a plate. Turn oven on to 400 F.  Pour the sauce into a saucepan, and reduce over medium heat by about 2/3 the volume. Place ribs on a baking sheet, and brush with the sauce. Bake for 10 minutes, until the sauce is very sticky. Pour remaining sauce into a bowl, and skim the fat from the top. Serve ribs with extra sauce for dipping. 

Leftover turkey gets spicy in this take on the classic tortilla soup. Thanksgiving has come and gone, and I bet you’re currently looking at a TON of leftovers (because…pandemic). Let me make your weekend dreams come true with this recipe for Leftover Turkey Tortilla Soup. Unless you’re a truly creative chef, most of your Thanksgiving leftovers…Make Classic Chinese Comfort Food: Instant Pot Spare Ribs and Rice 豉汁排骨飯. A spoonful of deliciously tender spare ribs with super flavorful rice soaked with black bean sauce. Super Easy One Pot Meal your whole family will enjoy!

Asian Boneless Pork Back Ribs Recipe

 going to yum cha 飲茶 as far back as I can remember. And Black Bean Sauce Spare Ribs and Rice 豉汁排骨飯 is one of his favorites! A must-order every time we go “Dim Sum”-ing.

Ever since he attended Chinese culinary school, he makes a lot of dim sums at home, like these Shumai Pork Dumplings. And I was his most avid taste-tester chomping down all his experiments. 

Add in 1.5 tbsp (22.5g) black bean sauce, 1 tbsp (15ml) regular soy sauce, 1 tbsp (15ml) Shaoxing wine or water, 1 tbsp (15g) grated ginger, 3 (14g) minced garlic cloves, 1 tsp (5ml) sesame oil, 1 tsp (4g) sugar, 1 tsp (5ml) fish sauce, and a pinch of white pepper.

Asian Bbq Instant Pot Beef Ribs

*Pro Tip 1: Try to fill the whole bottom of Instant Pot with a single layer of spare ribs (as shown in below photo).

*Pro Tip 2: Ensure to place spare ribs first at the bottom of the pot, then rice on top. Don’t change the order (as shown in below photo).

Make Classic Chinese Comfort Food:Instant Pot Spare Ribs and Rice豉汁排骨飯. Deliciously tender spare ribs with super flavorful rice soaked with black bean sauce. Super Easy One Pot Meal your whole family will enjoy!

Instant Pot Asian Sticky Spareribs

Chopped Pork Spare Ribs – if you purchase them in Asian butcher shops, they usually come in cut up pieces. If not,  ask your butcher to chop them up in pieces.

Calories: 354 kcal | Carbohydrates: 38 g | Protein: 12 g | Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Cholesterol: 42 mg | Sodium: 291 mg | Potassium: 197 mg | Vitamin C: 2 mg | Calcium: 25 mg | Iron: 1 mg

-

*Disclosure: We are an Amazon Influencer/Amazon Associate. This means that if you decide to purchase items or services on Amazon through our links on Pressure Cook Recipes to Amazon, Amazon will send a small commission to us at no additional costs to you. Thank you!You don’t have to wait until the weekend to enjoy baby back ribs. With the Instant Pot, you can prepare Sticky Asian Ribs in less than 90 minutes! Slathered with caramelized glaze, these ribs are absolutely finger-licking good!

Instant Pot Sticky Asian Ribs

One of my cooking dreams was to make baby back ribs at home. I’m not a big meat eater, and on a daily basis, I eat more vegetables than meat. However, I have a soft spot for Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) and fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs smothered with a sweet-savory delicious sauce, which I discovered when I came to America.

Since our good friend John makes killer smoked baby back ribs, Mr. JOC and I didn’t have to get our own smoker and make our own. The only problem was that I couldn’t eat good ribs when I want to eat them. That’s when I started to make my ribs in the Instant Pot. Today I’ll show you our family’s favorite, Instant Pot Sticky Asian Ribs (甘辛スペアリブ).

This recipe and the Instant Pot are! Compared to the common 2-to-3-hour slow-cooking oven method, cooking baby back ribs in the pressure cooker drastically cuts down the cooking time. And it comes together super fast for a weeknight meal.

Instant Pot Spare Ribs With Hoisin Glaze

Without the pressure cooker, there is NO way you can eat fall-off-the-bone ribs in less than 90 minutes from start to finish, which includes the 30-minute resting time for the ribs with a dry rub.

Pressure cooking ribs for 25-30 minutes is plenty for the meat to come off the bone. You will need to use the oven (broiler) to finish it off, but that’s just several minutes. Too easy? You must give it a try!

Instant

You can definitely use this recipe as a base for American-style ribs. Rub in the baby back ribs with your go-to dry rub, cook in the Instant Pot, and apply homemade/store-bought BBQ sauce before placing the ribs into the oven to broil.

Instant Pot Chinese Style Spareribs (char Siu)

H0wever, I want to introduce you to this delicious Sticky Asian Sauce today! All you need is the typical Japanese condiments: sake, mirin, soy sauce, and rice vinegar. I sweetened the sauce with brown sugar and honey and give the sauce a kick with garlic and ginger.

With this sauce, this dish goes well with even rice or noodles! Isn’t it nice to add variations to your baby back rib recipes?

If you are new to Japanese cooking and want to know more about both sake and mirin, the essential condiments for Japanese cooking, you can find more information on each condiment on these pages.

Sticky Instant Pot Asian Ribs Recipe

For the very first ribs I made, I completely forgot to remove the membrane, so I thought I would add a reminder here. The membrane is white, very thin connective tissue and located on the back (the bone side) of the ribs. Your butcher may already have the membrane removed. If not, you can ask them to remove it for you.

If you buy already packaged ribs, then you can remove it yourself very easily. Just flip the ribs so the top (meaty part) is face down. Pull the corner of the membrane using a paper towel because it’s slippery. No special skills are needed here, just use your fingers and a paper towel to pull it off.

-

The flavor in the baby back ribs starts with the dry rub. This mix of seasonings and salt helps break down the fibers in the meat to create a complex depth in flavor.

Instant Pot Riblets Recipe

The dry rub is a mixture of only dry seasonings and you need to rub them into the meat and set it aside for 30 minutes. The dry rub that I use for this recipe is a simple concoction of salt, black pepper, white pepper, and shichimi togarashi (Japanese Seven Spice). Shichimi togarashi is a beloved Japanese spice blend made of Japanese chili powder, orange peel, sesame seeds, Japanese pepper, ginger, and seaweed. It gives a spicy, citrusy, and nutty flavor to everything you sprinkle on.

Acidity in the vinegar breaks down the ligaments and tenderizes the meat as well as adds some sweetness. I use a mix of water and apple cider vinegar to flavor my ribs as they cook.

To support the weight, make sure to place the rack with the ends of the ribs facing up and on top of the wire rack without touching the liquid.

Instant Pot Chinese Spareribs With Black Bean Sauce + Video

. Therefore, it’s important to finish off the ribs in the broiler or over the

Posting Komentar untuk "Instant Pot Asian Pork Ribs Recipe"