Giant Sugar Cookie Cake Recipe
The BEST soft, thick, moist sugar cookie cake recipe frosted with vanilla buttercream and topped sprinkles! Customize it with different colors of frosting & sprinkles to celebrate birthdays, baby showers, holidays, and more!
If you’re looking for a switch up from the typical chocolate chip cookie cake, this is an excellent twist on a classic birthday cake! Using the same base as my frosted sugar cookie bars, this giant sugar cookie cake is the ULTIMATE treat for a birthday celebration. It’s perfectly dense, moist, thick…and slices like a dream! Move on over Great American Cookie, we’ve got you beat!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use the instructions in the recipe card below to mix the dough. While I do recommend using a hand or stand mixer for this recipe, you don’t want to overmix this dough or beat the butter for more than 30 seconds. Our goal is to get a denser dough, not a light and fluffy dough.
Giant Cookie Recipe
Press the cookie dough evenly into a greased cookie cake pan (you can also use a 9×13 or DIY foil pan). If you plan to remove the cake from the pan for serving, I highly recommend lining the pan with parchment paper for the easiest removal.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the edges are very lightly browned. Place on a wire rack then allow the cake to sit until completely cool; this will allow it to finish baking. This is very important; you don’t want to remove the cookie cake from the pan before it’s cooled.
Color frosting to your liking, then spread half of the frosting on top of the cooled cookie cake until fully covered. To pipe a border, use a piping tip (I LOVE the Ateco 849 tip for cookie cakes). Finish by topping with sprinkles or other decorations. The best part of this sugar cookie cake is that you can customize the decorations for different holidays!
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cake
PS. This buttercream frosting tastes like the Swig and Crumbl sugar cookie recipe – both a crowd favorite when I lived in Utah!
If you don’t have a cookie cake pan (which is only $8 and the best investment!), you can bake this in a 9×13 pan! Or make an easy DIY cookie cake pan using foil to create a round shape! If you use a smaller pan (like a springform pan), the cookie will be thicker and you will need to bake longer.
I haven’t tried this myself, but it should work just fine with this recipe. You may consider using a smaller 9″ pan to create a thicker cake, as it will have less chances of breaking when stacking. If you plan to create multiple layers or don’t plan to serve the cookie cake in the pan (i.e., you want to put it on a platter), I’d highly recommend lining the bottom with parchment paper to guarantee it comes out clean. Be sure to still spray the pan in addition to the parchment & only remove the cake when fully cooled to reduce chances of breaking.
Giant Sugar Cookie Recipe (+ Video)
Almond extract gives this sugar cookie cake an amazing flavor, but if you don’t like almond extract or can’t have it due to an allergy, you can replace it with equal amounts of vanilla extract.
I’m not going to lie, this is one of the best giant cookie cake recipes I’ve developed. The frosting tastes just like a sugar cookie but it’s so much more moist and thick than any other cake you’ve ever had. You’ll never want to eat premade sugar cookie dough from Pillsbury or Betty Crocker again!
Before you begin! If you make this, will you do me a huge favor and leave a review and rating letting me know how you liked this recipe? This helps my small business thrive so I can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
Last Step! Please leave a review and rating letting me know how you liked this recipe! This helps my small business thrive so I can continue providing free recipes and high-quality content for you.
Tag me on Instagram @ or leave a comment below to let me know how it turned out! I love seeing what you’ve made.The very best funfetti sugar cookie you’ll ever eat… and it’s the size of a cake! Top with thick vanilla-almond frosting and more sprinkles.
This cake is dangerously easy. Take my frosted sugar cookie bars recipe, add some white chocolate chips, bake it as a cake, and pipe some frosting on top. Soft-baked center, unbelievably chewy edges, sweet creamy frosting, and enough sprinkles to make my entire cookbook jealous.
Easy Sugar Cookie Cake
I’ve told you about the importance of weighing ingredients before. I cannot stress this enough! You can easily over or under-measure a cup, but you cannot miscalculate a weight. Having the correct measurements of your ingredients is imperative to the results of your baked goods. Baking is not as forgiving as cooking; there is hardly any room for error. The reason your cupcakes are too dense? You’re likely over measuring your flour. Do not use the measuring cup to scoop the flour out of the container/bag. You could end up with 150% of the correct measurement doing it this way. Rather, using a large spoon, scoop the flour into the measuring cup without packing it. Then, weigh what you have.
You’ll notice that the recipe calls for 1 egg and 1 egg yolk. Why?I do this with a few of my cookie recipes (like these chocolate chip cookies) because that extra yolk adds so much moisture, tenderness, and chew to the cookie. And it does the same thing to the sugar cookie cake. You’re going to love its rich, tender texture. Each bite will melt in your mouth.

You’ll also notice I add a touch of cornstarch.Trust me on this ingredient!Think about it: often used as a thickening agent, cornstarch gives your gravy, pie fillings, soups, and glazes a more bodied and full texture. The same goes for your cookie dough—cornstarch will help your dough remain soft, thick, and puffy during the baking process. Another imperative cookie ingredient in favorites like chocolate chip cookies and shortbread.
Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie {perfect For A Bake Sale}
Press into a pie dish or cake pan and bake for only about 25-30 minutes. You want to slightly under-bake the cookie cake to get that incredible soft interior, as well as to avoid the edges from getting too crispy and brown.
Once the cake has cooled, go ahead and frost. I used a simple vanilla frosting here, but I added a touch of almond extract. I feel almond extract is one of the most underrated ingredients in baking. I love it in cookies and cupcakes—and its flavor is easily welcomed in this frosting. Another fun option would be this strawberry buttercream frosting. Pretty in pink!
Almond extract is potent, so you’ll only need a touch of it in today’s frosting. Don’t rush to the store to buy it though, you may leave it out.
How To Bake A Giant Cookie Cake With 3 Easy Ingredients
This giant sugar cookie cake is the perfect recipe when you’re looking for something a little easier than a towering confetti cake, a little different from birthday cake (confetti sprinkle cheesecake is another unique option!), and more special than a batch of sugar cookies. Soft and thick in the center, chewy on the edges, loaded with white chocolate and sprinkles, and topped with the creamiest frosting that’ll ever touch your lips.

Sally McKenney is a professional food photographer, cookbook author, and baker. Her kitchen-tested recipes and thorough step-by-step tutorials give readers the knowledge and confidence to bake from scratch. Sally has been featured onTopped with vanilla buttercream, this Easy Sugar Cookie Cake is tender, chewy, and simple to make. It’s perfect for birthdays, holidays, and any day you need a little cookie treat!
I’ve been asked a number of times about how to turn my beloved sugar cookies into a cookie cake so finally I decided to make one. After a little trial and error, I think the result is not only good – it’s absolutely perfect. The cookie texture is dense without being heavy, and soft and tender. It’s a truly oversized classic sugar cookie – chewy and delicious, and topped with everyone’s favorite: vanilla buttercream.
One Big Cookie
With a pretty topping of pastel sprinkles, this cake is both elegant and fun. It only takes a few minutes to pull together, and each bite will have you craving more!
Really, the only difference between a cookie and a cookie cake is the size, as well as the fact that cookie cakes tend to be decorated with frosting. While cookies and cookie cakes are very similar, they often require slight differences to make each work in their own form.
So to make this cake, I started out with my classic sugar cookie as-is. It baked nicely, but as it cooled, the center sank in quite a bit.In fact, the cookie cake sank so much that it cracked all around the inside edge. That wouldn’t work, so I set out to fix it.

One Giant Sugar Cookie
The key issue with falling cakes is often your leavening agents. If you have too much leavening in something, it may rise too quickly and then
Posting Komentar untuk "Giant Sugar Cookie Cake Recipe"