Vitamix Ice Cream Recipe Heavy Cream
Making Vitamix ice cream is easier than you think. I’ve put together some basic guidelines on how to get started and what ice cream ingredients to use. These are healthy (ish) recipes using cleaner ingredients and no refined sugar.
For me, ice cream falls in its own food group. The food group that will forever stay in my diet! This doesn’t mean that it has to be sugar-loaded, commercial kind. I make my own healthy ice cream at home and put whatever I want inside.

I know thatwhen it comes to making ice cream at home, most of us give up on the idea as soon as we hear the words ‘churn by hand’ or ‘get your ice cream maker ready’ (ps. I don’t own one). BUT, not knowing what ‘churning’ is or not having an ice cream maker shouldn’t stop you. If you have a high-performance blender like Vitamix, you can make gorgeous, guilt-free ice cream in no time.
Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
2. Some liquid – not a lot but just enough to get the blending started, and often to add some creaminess. Most of the time it will be some kind of milk, yoghurt or cream. Coconut water, regular water and juice can also be used.
3. Flavours & textures – unsweetened cacao powder, vanilla, cinnamon, mint, sweeteners (dates, honey, coconut sugar, brown rice syrup), berries, citrus juice, nut butters, coconut butter, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, seeds, superfood powders, and even some flavoured liqueurs (OMG!).
Here I’ve put together three simple ice cream foundation recipes to get you started. You can create your own simple or elaborate flavours depending on what you have in the house or what fruit might be in season.
Chocolate Chickpea Ice Cream (no Nuts Or Coconut)
Note: For each 1 cup of frozen fruit or berries, add 1/4 cup of liquid or milk. I recommend adding a couple of tablespoons of milk at a time. Try to blend and add more as you blend, to make sure it doesn’t get too thin.
These directions are written for the C-Series Vitamix machines with Variable Speed control and Standard 64-ounce container. You can use another high-performance blender such as Blendtec or even try the Nutribullet, but make sure to make adjustments to the Variable Speed, processing time, and/or ingredient quantities.
Have you ever made ice cream using a Vitamix or other high-performance blender? Got any tips or suggestions? Tell me below. If you love ice cream, please share with your friends and fans.
Green Apple Ice Cream
About the author: Hi, I’m Irena Macri. I share easy, delicious recipes with a healthy twist. I’ve been food blogging for over 10 years and have a Diploma in Nutrition & Weight Management. I believe in a balanced diet with an occasional cookie and cheesy pasta. More about me here. Sign-up for my newsletter and subscriber freebies.
Hi, I’m Irena Macri. I share easy, delicious recipes with a healthy twist. I’ve been food blogging for over 10 years and have a Diploma in Nutrition & Weight Management. I believe in a balanced diet with an occasional cookie and cheesy pasta.Learn how easy it is to make homemade ice cream in your blender. With a few simple ingredients and a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, you can whip up some delicious ice cream in under a minute! Includes a simple base recipe and 6 amazing flavors to try!
So grab your blender and let’s get started! First up, I’ll show you a simple base recipe. This is a formula that you can play with and customize. Not sure what to do with it? Don’t worry! I also included 6 amazing flavor combos to try!
Did You Know That Your Vitamix Can Make Ice Cream?
Now that you have the basic ratio, the possibilities are endless. Play and have fun with it! Or check out the 6 delicious flavor combos that I put together for you below!
It should come as no surprise that you will need a blender in order to make blender ice cream! Not just any blender will work though. You will need a powerful, high-speed blender to make this recipe.
The directions are written for a Vitamix blender since this is the brand of high-speed blender that I have used for years in my kitchen. This is the Vitamix model that I currently use. However, all Vitamix blenders can tackle ice cream – everything from the Explorian Series to the fancier Ascent Series models.
Viral Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Other brands of high-speed blenders should also work just fine (especially if they come with a tamper like the Vitamix does to push the frozen fruit down into the blades to blend properly).

Note: If your blender model has a “Frozen Desserts” program, you can select to run it while using the tamper to press the frozen fruit into the blades.
Serving Time! Serve immediately for a smooth soft serve texture (my favorite!) or transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze for an hour or two to firm up to a more scoopable consistency.
Peach Ice Cream
Ready to make some blender ice cream? Now that you have the basic formula, it’s time to create some amazing ice cream recipes! Just remember the simple ratio of 1 pound of frozen fruit to 1 cup creamy liquid to achieve the perfect consistency every time.
Sometimes we need a little inspiration to get the creative juices flowing. Here are six delicious flavor combos to get you started!
You will need a powerful, high-speed blender to make this recipe. I use a Vitamix but other brands of high powered blenders should also be fine especially if they come with a tamper to push the frozen fruit down into the blades for a smooth blend.
Homemade Maple Ice Cream
Frozen fruit is required to instantly create the ice cream texture. If using fresh fruit, you would need to cut it up first and freeze it before making the ice cream.
For a creamy ice cream taste and texture, I recommend using a creamy liquid like heavy cream or full fat coconut milk. However, you can use any liquid you like. Use other types of milk for a lighter consistency, yogurt to make frozen yogurt or even juice for a sorbet type dessert.

This will depend on the fruit being used and how large the pieces are. For the perfect consistency every time, I highly recommend using weight to maintain the proper ratio. To make it easy, just purchase 1 pound bags of frozen fruit. If using larger bags or fruit that you froze yourself, measure it out on a kitchen scale.
Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe
Definitely! Use the full fat coconut milk option to make it dairy free. To make it vegan, use the coconut milk and either maple syrup or cane sugar to sweeten.
Freeze unused ice cream in a freezer-safe container. I like these cute ice cream tubs. When ready to enjoy, allow the ice cream to soften at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
Let me know if you try this blender ice cream recipe and which flavor you make! Leave me a comment below or tag me on Instagram.
How To Make Whipped Cream From Scratch
Learn how easy it is to make blender ice cream. With a few simple ingredients and a high-speed blender like a Vitamix, you can whip up some delicious homemade ice cream in minutes! Includes a simple base recipe and 6 amazing flavors to try!Click Life Is No Yoke sent me! at checkout. It’ll apply the 06-NOYOKE coupon and get you a code for $100 off our Starter Kit when you notify us of your order 👍
I’m notorious for making a pot of coffee and then drinking a half a cup. So instead of dumping it all down the drain, I’ve been freezing it in ice cube trays.
So why not use the same method as I did with the Coco Lime Sorbet and use those cubes to make ice cream!

Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream
We always have frozen bananas on hand for our No Yoke Shakes, so I figured those 2 ingredients would do the trick.
It was absolutely delicious! But it also had the creamiest texture we’ve ever gotten from a nice cream before. It was silky smooth and reminded me of authentic gelato.
I’ve got a major sweet tooth, but this ice cream was sweet enough for me without any additions. If you’d like it sweeter, add a date or two (Lenny did to his and it was even better).
Chocolate Orange Vegan Ice Cream
You’ll need to use your tamper. Why? Because there is no liquid, and both ingredients are frozen. [Push from the corners into the blade. It takes a little time to process and your Vitamix may sound like it’s struggling, but don’t worry, it’s not! It can absolutely handle frozen bananas and ice cubes. Just make sure you’re blending on high (so the cooling mechanism kicks in).]
This recipe makes about 4 servings. If you won’t be serving it all, pre-scoop it onto a cookie sheet, and put in the freezer. When you’re ready to serve, leave your scoops on the counter for five minutes and it’s perfect again.
Hi, we’re Shalva and Lenny Gale, and we are the mom & pop Vitamix shop. People use our site to figure out which Vitamix to buy, plan a purchase around upcoming Vitamix deals, and learn how to use their machine. Here are 16 reasons to buy your Vitamix through us.
Ingredient Vanilla Nice Cream
3) Now through

Posting Komentar untuk "Vitamix Ice Cream Recipe Heavy Cream"