Recipes For Zucchini Squash And Eggplant
One of the most difficult fantasies for me to give up when we bought our house was having a garden. After six years of living in an apartment, I had romantic visions of planting my own vegetables, harvesting them with care, and using them to make beautiful summer recipes like today’s Tomato Eggplant Zucchini Bake with Garlic and Parmesan.
Our lot is filled with sweeping oak and maple trees which, while pretty, make the yard too shady to support even the hardiest of plants.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc()/__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__simply_recipes__uploads__2014__08__zucchini-eggplant-tomato-gratin-horiz-a-1600-f77a8289a55143e1b3e9648b2cc5ea56.jpg?strip=all)
Even if Ben did sign off on replacing the concrete with rows of homegrown tomatoes and zucchini, the friendly pack of neighborhood deer, who like to help themselves to everything above ground, would eat them for lunch.
Provençal Tian (eggplant, Zucchini, Squash, And Tomato Casserole) Recipe
As much as I romanticize gardening, I know it is a labor of love and that (much like of the rest of our yard) there would be many weeks where I would neglect it for the chance to spend time with friends or at the lake.
Not having a garden of my own to tend also gives me the opportunity to rely on (and support!) the hardworking local farmers who already grow a gorgeous array of summer treasures like the fresh eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes in today’s recipe.
Every summer, zucchini and tomatoes have the run of our refrigerator, a problem that you wouldn’t suspect someone with a garden-free yard to have.
Vegan And Vegetarian Recipes With Summer Produce: Tomatoes, Eggplant, Summer Squash And Zucchini
Every time I walk into the grocery store, I can’t seem to prevent myself from tossing a few extra into my cart “just in case.” Guess I’ll have to make this Zucchini Pasta too!
Today’s recipe came about on a summer night a few years ago, when I was in a rush to make dinner and frustrated by the self-inflicted zucchini supply usurping every surface in our kitchen.
I decided to simply chop all of the vegetables dominating our fridge, coat them in a reliable trio of olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan, and bake them together to see what happened.
Air Fryer Vegetables
Forty-five minutes later, this Tomato Eggplant Zucchini Bake emerged in a cacophony of colorful glory, and my home was perfumed with the aroma of an Italian grandmother’s kitchen.
As I breathed in its rich, garlicky scent and gazed at the rainbow of veggies in the dish, I marveled at the wonderful fact that a recipe can be so astonishingly simple and breathtakingly beautiful at the same time.
If your buying habits are anything like mine, I see a lot of zucchini, eggplant, and tomatoes in your near future too.
Spicy Summer Squash Stir Fry Recipe
This recipe, along with other favorite zucchini side dishes like this Roasted Zucchini are a great way to use up your summer produce supply.
Serving: 1 (of 6) Calories: 119 kcal Carbohydrates: 10 g Protein: 9 g Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 10 mg Sodium: 225 mg Fiber: 4 g Sugar: 3 g
Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. I'm the author and recipe developer here at and of The Well Plated Cookbook. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. WELCOME!“Late summer” has finally happened here in Austin… it’s warm and sunny, as opposed to hot and muggy, and it feels pretty amazing. Technically it’s fall, but I still have a ton of eggplant, zucchini and other summer vegetables scattered around my countertops. And this rainbow colored vegetable tian was quite possibly the perfect way to celebrate them. (Plus, it was ridiculously fun to make).
Eggplant Parmesan Zucchini Casserole
This recipe is from chef John Besh’s Cooking from the Heart, which comes out next week. It’s a (huge) beautiful cookbook that is also a very personal story about the places and people who have inspired his cooking journey the most. I love learning about chefs’ backgrounds and what inspires them (especially when it has to do with travel), so I was flattered to receive an email from him asking us to preview the book.

We were very appropriately assigned Chapter 6: Vegetable Love. It’s the sweetest story about his (young and broke) newlywed trip to “sun-drenched” Provence. I’ll just cut to the chase and quote my favorite part…
“We made itineraries noting each village, it’s market days, which grand restaurants were nearby, and most important, were they open for lunch? (Our budget never allowed us to have dinner in a prestigious place). For dinner, we’d retire to our rented gîte rural, a country refuge, where we’d roll up our sleeves, cook rustic Provençal dinners from what the market provided, drink vin de pays, and dine under the stars.”
One Pot Ratatouille Rice With Eggplant, Zucchini, And Bell Pepper
I mean, how romantic is that? The travel bug has been hitting me hard lately. And even though we’ve only been home for a few weeks, this story has me
I continued baking this a little past this stage where we took the photo. Cook it for the full 45 minutes to 1 hour, until it looks more browned than it does in this photo.
I followed the recipe nearly to a tee, although I did add some dried herbes de provence along with the red pepper flakes. (and confession: I used almond milk instead of cream, I just used about 1/2 the amount since it’s a much thinner consistency than cream).
Sautéed Yellow Squash And Zucchini Recipe
We love to eat, travel, cook, and eat some more! We create & photograph vegetarian recipes from our home in Chicago, while our shiba pups eat the kale stems that fall on the kitchen floor.Roasted Eggplant and Zucchini, a tasty oven-baked vegetable recipe with only 5 ingredients and ready in 30 minutes. Enjoy as a side dish, on top of rice, or combined with a salad!
Simply cut up your vegetables, toss them in oil and spices, then roast until golden brown. Make the most of your produce haul with this super easy roasted vegetable combination.

👉 Tip: We like to cut zucchini and eggplant into similar sized pieces. If they’re the same size, they will have similar cooking times and will be extra crispy!
Zucchini Or Eggplant? Do You Care Which One Is Healthier?
Add the sliced zucchini and eggplant to a baking sheet. Using your hands or a spatula, toss with a small amount of olive oil until it completely covers the veggies.
Remove vegetables from the oven and enjoy them immediately as a side dish. If you plan to mix them into salads, let them cool beforehand.
Zucchini is high in water, which makes it more likely to become soggy. You can prevent this by during zucchini well after slicing, and seasoning it with salt before roasting. Salt helps draw water out of the vegetable and cooking it at a high temperature will allow more water to evaporate. Additionally, thicker slices of zucchini are less likely to become soggy.
Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Roasted eggplant is a very healthy food. Eggplant is a good source of fiber, and contains vitamins and minerals like potassium, folate, and manganese. It’s also high in disease-fighting antioxidants. Click here for more information about the nutrition content of eggplant.
There are a few factors that can increase the bitterness of roasted eggplant, including the size of the vegetable, how ripe it is, and whether the seeds are included. Smaller, more slender eggplants tend to be less bitter. Additionally, the more ripe the eggplant is, the more bitter it will be. You can reduce the bitterness of eggplant by removing the seeds before or after roasting. Another method is to season it with salt before cooking to help draw the water and bitter flavor out. Roasting eggplant along with other vegetables, spices, and seasonings can also help balance out the bitter flavor.
It’s not necessary to peel eggplant before roasting. The skin on most eggplants is edible and is where you get the majority of the fiber and antioxidants from the vegetable. Larger eggplants tend to have tough skin that can be difficult to eat. Before roasting, it is a good idea to assess the thickness of the skin and peel it if it’s too thick.

Vegetable Tian Recipe
This recipe is simply prepared with just olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. However, there are so many different ways you can mix up the flavor of roasted vegetables. Here are some ideas:
One of the best things about roasted vegetables is that they’re so easy to make ahead and store. If you have leftovers, here’s how to maintain their quality and flavor in storage:
We always have the environment in mind here at Fork in the Road. Here are some ideas for going green with this recipe:
Couscous With Eggplant, Zucchini, And Shrimp
Take advantage of zucchini and eggplant season. The best time to make this recipe is when zucchini and eggplant are at the height of their growing season. In most parts of the US, they are in season during the summer and fall months. Find out when they’re in season in your area here.
Set the veggie scraps aside. Rather than throwing the scraps from zucchini and eggplant in the garbage, keep them to use in food scrap vegetable stock, which is great to have on hand for making soup and other dishes. At the very least, veggie scraps should be tossed in the compost bin.
Grow the veggies in your garden. Zucchini and eggplant are
Posting Komentar untuk "Recipes For Zucchini Squash And Eggplant"