Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Recipe For Egg Salad With Greek Yogurt

Recipe For Egg Salad With Greek Yogurt

Make the perfect Greek Yogurt Egg Salad for sandwiches! You won’t even know this is a healthy recipe – it turns out so creamy and tastes perfect on rye!

My sandwich of choice has always been egg salad. I don’t know why, but something about it just speaks to me. Just hold the mayo for me please – I’m not the biggest fan. To make my egg salad mayo-free, I simply replace the mayo with Greek yogurt and a bit of mustard. The Greek yogurt and egg yolks make the salad incredibly creamy and the mustard adds a nice hint of sharpness and color.

Egg

I’m always looking forward to the leftover hardboiled eggs after Easter, so I have a great excuse to make egg salad sandwiches for lunch three days in a row. I’ve been meaning to share my recipe for years now, and I’m so glad I’m finally getting around to it now!

Easy Egg Salad

1 Combine hardboiled eggs, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and seasoning in a bowl and mash well with a fork. There’s absolutely no need to cut up the eggs, just use a fork – so easy!

3 To make an egg salad sandwich to take to work or school, I like to use a slice of rye, a lettuce leaf, a few spoonfuls of egg salad, another lettuce leaf and finally another slice of rye bread. The lettuce acts as a barrier between the bread and the egg salad, so the bread doesn’t get soggy and mushy!

If you don’t have any leftover eggs: If I don’t have any leftover eggs, I like to boil raw eggs for egg salad around 10 minutes, 12 if they’re very large. Then I rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process and to make peeling easier.

Creamy Greek Yogurt Avocado Chicken Salad

Want to use mayo? Feel free to use all mayo in place of the Greek yogurt. Or use a combination of mayo and Greek yogurt!

Tip for a large batch: This is a recipe you can easily scale up for a large family. But here’s my tip: If you make a double or even triple batch – forget about the fork for mashing. Use a potato masher instead!

Serving: 1 /6 of recipe | Calories: 84 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 6 g | Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 156 mg | Sodium: 90 mg | Potassium: 97 mg | Sugar: 1 g | Vitamin A: 390 IU | Vitamin C: 3.1 mg | Calcium: 43 mg | Iron: 0.6 mg

Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad Sandwich

When I got married to my professional chef husband, I realized I had to step up my game in the kitchen. Now I share my favorite foolproof family recipes here on Savory Nothings: Chef-approved, kid-vetted and easy enough for everyday home cooks like you and me!   Learn more.This healthy egg salad recipe is made with Greek yogurt, fresh dill, and tangy lemon juice. Since it has no mayo, it’s lower in calories but still bursting with yummy, fresh flavor! It’s a 5-minute, 4-ingredient, healthy, cheap lunch and great for meal prep.

. This recipe is for two portions, but you can easily cut it in half for a single serving or double, triple, or even quadruple it for meal prep or to feed a crowd.

I like serving it on soft whole grain bread, or on lettuce wraps for a low carb version. Or with crackers. Or with a spoon, straight from the bowl.

Greek

Greek Yogurt Deviled Egg Salad Sandwiches

With no mayo, this egg salad recipe is lighter and healthier and lower in fat than mayo-based versions, but still high in protein. I made it with fat free Greek yogurt to keep it extra light, but you can use full-fat for a richer flavor, or even add a little olive oil into the mix.

Because it’s made with yogurt instead of mayonnaise, you may notice some liquid pooling up in it. This is normal. If this happens, just give it a stir before serving, or pour any excess liquid out.

I recently discovered Dave’s Killer Bread in the bread aisle in my grocery store and definitely recommend it. It’s made with great ingredients, and there are all kinds that are much healthier than other bread-aisle breads. I like the thin-sliced organic 21 whole grains and seeds version.

How To Make Healthier Egg Salad With Greek Yogurt

Breads that have been well-toasted, or chewy breads like baguettes, aren’t great for egg salad because it’s such a delicate filling, so it will squish out the sides if the bread isn’t also soft and delicate.

Did you make this healthy greek yogurt egg salad with dill recipe? Please click the stars below to comment and Rate this Recipe

Greek

This healthy Greek yogurt egg salad is packed with flavor from fresh dill and lemon juice, and is much lower in calories with no mayo!

Egg Salad With Curry Powder (made With Greek Yogurt!)

Calories: 171 kcal | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Protein: 15 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Cholesterol: 374 mg | Sodium: 424 mg | Potassium: 161 mg | Sugar: 2 g | Vitamin A: 520 IU | Vitamin C: 3 mg | Calcium: 78 mg | Iron: 1 mg

The provided nutrition information is my best estimate and does not include any added sodium from seasoning to taste, any optional ingredients, and it does not take brands into account. I use an automatic API to calculate this information. Feel free to calculate it yourself using one of these tools:Are you a fan of of Greek yogurt? This egg salad recipe with greek yogurt is right up your alley. The yogurt adds healthy probiotics and it’s a paleo friendly and perfect for lunch! Rather than using high fat mayo, the creamy texture of Greek yogurt is a nice healthy alternative. The tangy and tart yogurt flavor makes this probioticegg salad recipe wonderfully bright and fresh.

If you’re using non-fat Greek yogurt, then the recipe is even healthier and low fat.For more flavor and depth, we love adding a sprinkle of ground cumin. But the ground cumin is totally optional. To balance out the flavors and textures of this egg salad, we’ve added some crunch from celery and minced pickles. Add extra pickles if you like because the flavors from the minced pickles are fantastic. You can even spice up this recipe beyond the paprika. If you like, add some minced onion, chili powder, garlic salt, lemon pepper or your favorite blend of spices.

Easy And Delicious Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Recipe With Video

Yogurt is fantastic and a great source of probiotics. It promotes gut health and and a great source of protein. So our egg salad recipe has lots of protein, keto friendly and paleo friendly. There’s so much good stuff in this dish, especially if you eat it on a bed of green salad, arugula or kale!

-

You can use any regular flavor yogurt you want, but non-fat has the least calories. Make sure to season with enough salt and pepper to give good flavor!

Calories: 158 kcal , Carbohydrates: 8 g , Protein: 13 g , Fat: 8 g , Saturated Fat: 3 g , Cholesterol: 281 mg , Sodium: 1285 mg , Potassium: 259 mg , Fiber: 2 g , Sugar: 6 g , Vitamin A: 808 IU , Vitamin C: 2 mg , Calcium: 88 mg , Iron: 2 mg

Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Recipe

As an Amazon associate and partners with other affiliate programs, we may earn from your qualifying purchases. We may earn small commissions that goes towards all the costs of running this website and recipe tests. Thank you for your support.

30 Minute Recipes, Breakfast | Brunch, Easy Meals, Eggs, Gluten Free, Healthy, Low Carb, Paleo, Salads, Sandwiches | Burgers, Side Dishes, Vegetarian 9 comments

Posting Komentar untuk "Recipe For Egg Salad With Greek Yogurt"