Lompat ke konten Lompat ke sidebar Lompat ke footer

Widget HTML #1

Chocolate Cake With Buttermilk Recipe

Chocolate Cake With Buttermilk Recipe

This buttermilk chocolate cake is a rich, fudgy, decadent and super moist homemade cake topped with a glossy chocolate frosting. Make this old-fashioned chocolate cake in one bowl with a whisk. This is the best chocolate cake for birthdays, holidays, family gatherings or as a simple, but indulgent dessert.

I absolutely adore chocolate cake. My Matilda Chocolate Cake , Brownie Cake, Almond Flour Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Tahini Buttercream Cake are just a few homemade chocolate cake recipes I love from the blog. I am so excited to add this chocolate buttermilk cake to my growing collection of the best chocolate cake recipes. I know you’ll love it because:

One

This moist chocolate cake requires only a handful of ingredients to make and is as simple as mixing the ingredients in a bowl, pouring the batter into a cake pan and baking it.

Double Chocolate Buttermilk Cake Recipe

This chocolate buttermilk cake is meant to be quick, easy and so delicious. Here are my recommended substitutions for this recipe if you need them:

Buttermilk Chocolate Layer Cake: To make this chocolate cake into a 2 layer cake, simply prepare the recipe as written and bake in, (2) 8-inch pans or (2) 9-inch pans. The 8-inch or 9-inch layer cakes will need about 25-35 minutes. Chill each cake layer before frosting, right after assembling and applying the crumb coat. Layer this cake with my favorite chocolate frosting or use a store bought variety. I do not recommend layering this cake with the chocolate buttermilk frosting as it’s more of a glaze or ganache like consistency.

8-inch or 9-inch Chocolate Cake: Make this buttermilk chocolate cake recipe as a smaller single layer cake by halving the recipe. Bake the cake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.

Homemade Buttermilk Chocolate Cake > Call Me Pmc

This deliciously decadent chocolate cake is ready to bake in as little as 10 minutes. Here’s how to make moist buttermilk chocolate cake in a few easy steps.

Buttermilk does many different things in baked goods such as cake. It acts as a tenderizer, making baked goods super moist. Buttermilk also helps cakes to rise and balances out the sweetness with an underlying tangy hint. This gives baked goods a rich and almost buttery taste.

 Cakes made with buttermilk can be kept at room temperature for several days. However, if the cake is covered in a frosting with cream cheese, whipped cream or eggs, it will need to be stored in the fridge.

Buttermilk Cake With Chocolate Sauce

If you try this Buttermilk Chocolate Cake recipe please rate the recipe and leave a comment below. Doing so helps other readers decide if this is a great recipe to bake. Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using @ so I can see what you’re baking!

Store this chocolate cake with buttermilk in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3-4 days or in the fridge for about one week.This recipe and post were created for #SummerDessertWeek! Sponsor companies, Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton , Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon sent me samples, but as always opinions are 100% mine.

I’ve shared some great buttermilk recipes that have been a hit with readers, including my Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake, Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Buttermilk, and even one of my favorite chicken recipes, Baked Buttermilk Chicken Strips.

Buttermilk Chocolate Cake — Buns In My Oven

For this buttermilk chocolate cake recipe, both the cake and the frosting start out in a saucepan, which is pretty typical of sheet cakes.

You most likely have most, if not all, of the ingredients at home for this delicious recipe. And you might not even have to go to the grocery store to make this.

Have you ever eaten dry cake? You go to take a bite, and it dries out your mouth, and that’s not good. Not good at all.

Chocolate Buttermilk Bundt Cake

And let’s talk about the frosting. I love the way it cools and crackles on the top. There’s a tee-tiny touch of a crunch, and that makes this cake pretty much perfect.

Don’t skimp here and use margarine. Be sure to use the real butter because it will add so much more flavor to your cake.

Once the ingredients are melted and mixed well together, take the saucepan off of the burner and set it aside. Let the mixture cool.

-

Never Fail Buttermilk Chocolate Cake Recipe

You can use this in any recipe that calls for vanilla extract, including pound cake, ice cream, cookies, and so much more.

Pour the cake mixture into the cake pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool for at least half an hour before frosting it.

The pan is great for cakes, brownies, cookie bars, and more.A 9″ x 13″ pan is the perfect size to hold the cake.

Triple Chocolate Buttermilk Pound Cake Recipe

I used a whisk to make sure everything mixed well and made sure I got all of the lumps out. Doesn’t take too much mixing action.

If you’re in a hurry, you can put it in the fridge. You want it to still be pourable consistency but not so thin that it runs off the side of the cake.

After you allow the frosting to cool for a little bit, pour it on the cake. Let it cool a little longer before cutting.

One Bowl Chocolate Cake Recipe

Place a covering over the top of the cake, such as plastic wrap. You can also place the cake in a sealed, airtight container.

There are several things that can help make a cake more moist. Don’t overmix. Use ingredients such as oil or buttermilk. Don’t overbake the cake.

Moist

I used to put two cups of powdered sugar in the frosting, but it comes out a little thin. I've added another half cup, to help thicken it up a little.

Dark Chocolate Cake With Buttermilk Pecan Frosting

This cake was so moist and absolutely perfect. It is now on the top of my list for any cake. Everyone was raving on the moistness and flavor.

Made this last week -- the problem that I think most of us are running into is that, as written, the recipe doesn't call for enough powdered sugar to hold it together. It essentiallly makes a chocolate sauce with the consistency of Hershey's syrup -- delicious, but ran everywhere and won't stay on the cake. I cooled the cake for hours before icing it so this is definitely not a temperature issue. Most similar recipes online call for at least double the amount of powdered sugar so I'd suggest starting there.

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for sharing! I will add something about this in the recipe notes. I appreciate you pointing it out!

Must Love Nutmeg: Chocolate Buttermilk Cake Recipe

I think it would work. But it's not super thick, so it you would have to use a lot. Hope that helps!

Loved the cake. Would definitely make it again but probably make a different frosting. Mine never didn’t thicken up and was too much for the cake. It overflowed into the sides and bottom of cake.

Hi Lynn, I am glad you liked the cake, but sorry about the frosting! You can always add a little more powdered sugar to help thicken the frosting. Thanks for stopping by!

Dark Chocolate Buttermilk Cake

Cake was delicious but frosting turned out too thin and watery. Hoping it will thicken up a little. Didn't look like the picture shown.

The

Hi Christy, I am so glad you liked the cake. If you make the cake again, you can add a little bit more powdered sugar to the frosting and it won't be as runny. I hope that helps!My brother-in-law had a birthday this week. He turned 51. When asked what he wanted for his birthday meal he had two requests, a homemade beef lasagna (with ricotta cheese) and a double chocolate cake!

I said to my sister, let me make the cake! I have the perfect recipe for it and I think he will love it. Ironically she had picked out the same recipe, so we were really on the same wave length!

Original Texas Sheet Cake

One of my favorite cookbooks has always been Dish Entertains, by Trish Magwood. It is a book that was popular with my boss when I worked at the Manor, and one which I loved to cook from when she had luncheons, etc.

The recipes in it range from everyday simple to special occasions. It even won a James Beard Foundation Award, a silver Gourmand World Cookbook Award, and a Silver Cuisine Canada Culinary Book Award.

If a birthday isn't a special occasion, I don't know what is, and I knew there was an excellent chocolate cake recipe in the book. I had given my sister a copy of the book and she had ear-marked it as well. The decision was made!

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake (moist And Tender)

According to Trish, this is a four generations old recipe. A fabulously old fashioned one-bowl chocolate cake, and perfect for family celebrations!

If turning 51 isn't a special occasion I don't know what is! This is a delicious chocolate cake filled to overflowing with fabulous chocolate flavor.

But you don't need anything special to make it, unless you count buttermilk as being special. I love anything baked with buttermilk. It has the ability to render any baked good incredibly moist, and is great for marinating chicken in prior to cooking it.

Buttermilk

Chocolate Buttermilk Cake Recipe

Just make sure

Posting Komentar untuk "Chocolate Cake With Buttermilk Recipe"